ADVERTISEMENT

OT - FBI reopening Clinton E-mail investigation

BoilerMadness

All-American
Jul 7, 2004
Apparently, they have some new evidence, that made them reconsider their earlier decision. It must be pretty substantial, if Comey would do this 11 days before the election.

Last edited:
No new evidence. They new what was out there. just tried to suppress until it came public and people's asses are on the line.

now this is General Forum stuff, because this will go sideways quick.
No way. Nothing ever goes wrong in Politics talk. And with the way our two candidates are carrying themselves these days, I am sure we can all have an open and civil discussion in a respectful manner.

Reactions: BoilerCoach
vwI4mYEHP8k0w.gif

Reactions: Izzy0401
This will be my only statement about this, b/c honestly this is a huge sh!t show and I don't care anymore. I really don't. But she should be in jail, any other employee did what she does that works for the government, and they are immediately to be terminated and can spend a minimum of 3 years in jail. But laws usually don't apply to people who have money, influence, power, or prestige.

one federal law, Title 18. Section 2071.
For those of us who do not have United States Code committed to memory, here's what it says:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”

This will be my only statement about this, b/c honestly this is a huge sh!t show and I don't care anymore. I really don't. But she should be in jail, any other employee did what she does that works for the government, and they are immediately to be terminated and can spend a minimum of 3 years in jail. But laws usually don't apply to people who have money, influence, power, or prestige.

one federal law, Title 18. Section 2071.
For those of us who do not have United States Code committed to memory, here's what it says:
“(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.”

Do you know anything about mens rea or what qualifies as "with intent" or "willfully?" Are you an attorney? If not your opinion really does not mean jack.

I'll say this: I've seen a pretty liberal allowance of other sports threads on KHC over the years, especially as pertains to teams where KHC membership crosses over into their fandom - mostly Chicago and Indiana professional teams, but also things like the Olympics and such.

I can't remember a time when political posts were allowed to reside on this message board, regardless of the "OT" in the subject, for more than a few hours or whenever moderators take a look at the board.

This one will be moved in 3...2...1...

Do you know anything about mens rea or what qualifies as "with intent" or "willfully?" Are you an attorney? If not your opinion really does not mean jack.
I don't know anything about that. That was a simple copy and paste. I just know I have seen interviews with people and they were presented with evidence of what they had on Hillary, they asked them what would happen to you if this happened? Mind you, these people were government employees, they said they would be fired on the spot no questions asked and possible criminal actions brought against them.

I don't know anything about that. That was a simple copy and paste. I just know I have seen interviews with people and they were presented with evidence of what they had on Hillary, they asked them what would happen to you if this happened? Mind you, these people were government employees, they said they would be fired on the spot no questions asked and possible criminal actions brought against them.

So if you do not know how the criminal code works, namely, how it is interpreted or enforced, why would you have an opinion on whether someone should be in jail?

I didn't know I was not allowed to have an opinion. Thanks for letting me know.

I am basing it off of what I have read and seen, interviews, and the little I have read. Did you ever play basketball or football for Purdue? Do you know what goes on behind the scenes and what is going on in the lives of the players or coaches? Are you in the meetings before games and after practices? Do you still have an opinion on our teams, recruiting? That is like me saying you can't have an opinion on Purdue sports or your thoughts. I am not mad or offended, but to say I shouldn't have an opinion is kind of absurd.

Apparently, the FBI found information related to Hillary's E-mail case, in another ongoing investigation. I believe that was announced by the Deputy Director of the FBI.

It must have been fairly significant, if they would announce it now.

I didn't know I was not allowed to have an opinion. Thanks for letting me know.

I am basing it off of what I have read and seen, interviews, and the little I have read. Did you ever play basketball or football for Purdue? Do you know what goes on behind the scenes and what is going on in the lives of the players or coaches? Are you in the meetings before games and after practices? Do you still have an opinion on our teams, recruiting? That is like me saying you can't have an opinion on Purdue sports or your thoughts. I am not mad or offended, but to say I shouldn't have an opinion is kind of absurd.

That is not exactly an analogous comparison. I watch every Purdue basketball game, have watched it for 20+ years, have regularly read reports and interviews on the subject, etc. In other words, I have made an effort to inform myself about Purdue basketball and can therefore, at least on a relatively intelligent level, discuss most topics relating to it. Of course, within the larger body of "Purdue Basketball" there are going to be specific issues I am no privy to or which are beyond the scope of my knowledge, but I generally avoid that stuff. You have not done the same on this issue.

Now that aside, I fully support your right to have an opinion on whatever you want. I am a free speech absolutist and will defend that right to the hilt. If you want to burn a flag, go ahead. If you want to march in the streets with the Westboro Baptist Church or toast to Donald Trump, be my guest . That said, I have the same right to question your qualifications on that opinion, especially when it relates to a technical subject. I do this too. I see a thirty second blurb on something and without really knowing the facts or implications I immediately form an opinion, which is largely based on my own preexisting prejudices and biases. It is human nature, but it is something I try to avoid doing, especially when it is a subject that is obviously outside of my wheelhouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerBryan1998
That is not exactly an analogous comparison. I watch every Purdue basketball game, have watched it for 20+ years, have regularly read reports and interviews on the subject, etc. In other words, I have made an effort to inform myself about Purdue basketball and can therefore, at least on a relatively intelligent level, discuss most topics relating to it. Of course, within the larger body of "Purdue Basketball" there are going to be specific issues I am no privy to or which are beyond the scope of my knowledge. You have not done the same on this issue.

Now that aside, I fully support your right to have an opinion on whatever you want. I am a free speech absolutist and will defend that right to the hilt. If you want to burn a flag, go ahead. If you want to march in the streets with the Westboro Baptist Church or toast to Donald Trump, be my guest . That said, I have the same right to question your qualifications on that opinion, especially when it relates to a technical subject. I do this too. I see a thirty second blurb on something and without really knowing the facts or implications I immediately form an opinion, which is largely based on my own preexisting prejudices and biases. It is human nature, but it is something I try to avoid doing, especially when it is a subject that is obviously outside of my wheelhouse.
All of that makes sense. And I totally took your question the wrong way so my apologies. I respect what you said and thanks for clarifying.

On to more important things, aren't you a tribe fan? If so they have to win.

Apparently, the FBI found information related to Hillary's E-mail case, in another ongoing investigation. I believe that was announced by the Deputy Director of the FBI.

It must have been fairly significant, if they would announce it now.
so when Comey says effectively, don't know what's in it, you translate that as "must be fairly significant."

All of that makes sense. And I totally took your question the wrong way so my apologies. I respect what you said and thanks for clarifying.

On to more important things, aren't you a tribe fan? If so they have to win.

I am. Can't remember if you are too. Not sure they have to win tonight. They HAVE to win game four with Kluber on the mound. That is an absolute must. I like Tomlin tonight though and you have to think the bats wake up. Personally, I think this goes seven, but we'll see.

so when Comey says effectively, don't know what's in it, you translate that as "must be fairly significant."

If it wasn't significant, do you think they would make this announcement 11 days before the election?

Last edited:
I am. Can't remember if you are too. Not sure they have to win tonight. They HAVE to win game four with Kluber on the mound. That is an absolute must. I like Tomlin tonight though and you have to think the bats wake up. Personally, I think this goes seven, but we'll see.
Yes, born in Parma, but live in Indy now. I like the way Tomlin has been pitching since September, but the bats of the Cubs scare me and Hendricks has been really good all year. So a W would be huge, for obvious reasons.

Yes, born in Parma, but live in Indy now. I like the way Tomlin has been pitching since September, but the bats of the Cubs scare me and Hendricks has been really good all year. So a W would be huge, for obvious reasons.

The Indians have to get to the 5th or 6th up a run or two. If we can do that, in any game, I like our chances. I am intrigued by Salazar being back. Would love to be able to bring him in for a couple of the middle innings, like we did in game two, but with a run or two cushion.

The Indians have to get to the 5th or 6th up a run or two. If we can do that, in any game, I like our chances. I am intrigued by Salazar being back. Would love to be able to bring him in for a couple of the middle innings, like we did in game two, but with a run or two cushion.
Is Salazar active? I like that. Sox fan, but Tribe fan this fall

Is Salazar active? I like that. Sox fan, but Tribe fan this fall

Yep, he was only recently activated. He pitched one of the middle innings (cannot remember which one) in game two. Retired all three, but gave up a walk or two if memory serves me.

Yep, he was only recently activated. He pitched one of the middle innings (cannot remember which one) in game two. Retired all three, but gave up a walk or two if memory serves me.
How long was he out? Sure seems like months
Remember one of the earlier W. Sox/ Cleveland series when he was almost unhittable

How long was he out? Sure seems like months
Remember one of the earlier W. Sox/ Cleveland series when he was almost unhittable

For this particular injury I think he took a line drive sometime in September. He has struggled to stay healthy consistently for the whole second half of the season though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT