ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Sweeps Purdue Out of NCAAs

They fought hard, but Oregon had a couple real good players in Gonzales and Lewis(?) that were just too much.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Chicoine, Anderson, Hudson, and Colvin is a fantastic quartet to build around for next year. Myers had some good moments last night too. The key is finding someone who can replace Schermerhorn. She is the only major loss, but it is a big one.

If they can find a suitable replacement for her Purdue is a top 10 team next year.

Chicoine, Anderson, Hudson, and Colvin is a fantastic quartet to build around for next year. Myers had some good moments last night too. The key is finding someone who can replace Schermerhorn. She is the only major loss, but it is a big one.

If they can find a suitable replacement for her Purdue is a top 10 team next year.
Shondell brought in 3 non scholie players next year, I imagine he has plans to hit the Portal, these days teams have to do it.

Shondell brought in 3 non scholie players next year, I imagine he has plans to hit the Portal, these days teams have to do it.
Right now, Purdue doesn’t have any scholarships available for next year—unless a player enters the portal. Then do you give a transfer an athletic scholarship versus one of the three players who will be freshmen next fall? Roster management has become a hot topic for all sports.

Reactions: DocRon
Right now, Purdue doesn’t have any scholarships available for next year—unless a player enters the portal. Then do you give a transfer an athletic scholarship versus one of the three players who will be freshmen next fall? Roster management has become a hot topic for all sports.
If Purdue wants to go to a Final 4 I think you hit the portal for a top flight player, either for Schermerhorn or a top not frontline player. I imagine a player or two transfers, usually the case for all teams these days. As construed Purdue will likely be a top 10 team, time for a visit to the final 4, teams like Wisky, Nebraska, Texas get top flight transfers to reload, either join them or be content being a sweet 16/elite 8 squad.

If Purdue wants to go to a Final 4 I think you hit the portal for a top flight player, either for Schermerhorn or a top not frontline player. I imagine a player or two transfers, usually the case for all teams these days. As construed Purdue will likely be a top 10 team, time for a visit to the final 4, teams like Wisky, Nebraska, Texas get top flight transfers to reload, either join them or be content being a sweet 16/elite 8 squad.
I don’t neccesarily disagree with you, but that decision on roster management is up to CDS. For the team to make that next step, it needs more help and consistent play from its middles and RS hitters. If Eva and/or Chloe go down, right now there isn‘t a viable option on the LS. Watching the Elite 8 matches, most of the teams are much more physical than Purdue. Wisconsin’s front line at 6-9, 6-7, 6-4, is bigger than some men’s mid-major basketball teams. One of the biggest questions for Purdue is: who is going to fill the opening on the coaching staff? Also, is there a transition plan for when CDS decides to retire?

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
I don’t neccesarily disagree with you, but that decision on roster management is up to CDS. For the team to make that next step, it needs more help and consistent play from its middles and RS hitters. If Eva and/or Chloe go down, right now there isn‘t a viable option on the LS. Watching the Elite 8 matches, most of the teams are much more physical than Purdue. Wisconsin’s front line at 6-9, 6-7, 6-4, is bigger than some men’s mid-major basketball teams. One of the biggest questions for Purdue is: who is going to fill the opening on the coaching staff? Also, is there a transition plan for when CDS decides to retire?
CDS said that they had been practicing Kenna Wollard at the left side hitter due to the lack of backups there.

Thanks for the answer, Not going to lie, I’m
Far from an expert, either way I’m rooting for the Boilers. I think next year Purdue has a punchers chance for a Final 4, it gets old seeing teams like Wisky get All Americans from conference teams. My guess is they’ll do the same thing this year. I will make a prediction that Purdue gets a transfer, will it be an impactful one is the question?

Getting 6 of the 7 starters from the Sweet 16 match is excellent, and Shondell has shown he can recruit well.
True, next year is a great shot at a Final 4, in order for that to happen though it’s likely 1 more impact player needs to be brought in. I know Dave is loyal, however, it sure would be great to finally make a Final 4. A few players probably leave, I hope a player or two that can be impactful is brought in. Wisky is probably already all over the portal looking to upgrade positions, nature of the beast these days. Purdue with a sell out gym, Chicoine/Colvin/Hudson has to be appealing to an impact player looking to play on a top 5-10 team.

Texas sure handled the Big 2 of the B1G this weekend. Very impressive.

Texas sure handled the Big 2 of the B1G this weekend. Very impressive.
Them and Wisky will get high level transfers to replace graduating players, Purdue doesn’t need a whole lot, it would be nice to get 1 high level player, next year will be a good chance at a Final 4, would love to see Shondell do it.

Hearing Brielle Warren has entered the transfer portal (not a surprise if true) anyone connected to the program on here that can report off-season news would be great, Purdue has a legit shot at a Final 4 next season, it will be interesting to see if another piece is added.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT