ADVERTISEMENT

NW vs Michigan are playing the game of the year....

*4purdue*

All-American
May 6, 2008
2 OT. NW came back down 6 with 10 seconds left in the first OT. And down 5 with 10 seconds in regulation.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
2 OT. NW came back down 6 with 10 seconds left in the first OT. And down 5 with 10 seconds in regulation.
Northwestern is going to be a handful next year with the maturity of McIntosh and the rest. They lose Sobolewski and Cobb, but that's it, and they gain a 6'8 230 # center heavily recruited 3 star, 6'7" 4 star Aaron Falzon who was heavily recruited, and Chicago's Jordan Ash who was offered by Purdue.

Could get interesting in Chicago and while I loved Carmody, Collins is doing a very credible job and also will have a year under his belt as coach.

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

Northwestern is going to be a handful next year with the maturity of McIntosh and the rest. They lose Sobolewski and Cobb, but that's it, and they gain a 6'8 230 # center heavily recruited 3 star, 6'7" 4 star Aaron Falzon who was heavily recruited, and Chicago's Jordan Ash who was offered by Purdue.

Could get interesting in Chicago and while I loved Carmody, Collins is doing a very credible job and also will have a year under his belt as coach.
I think I would rather play at MSU right now than go play at NW.

add in Demps, who always seems available for a hot streak against the Boilers.

I could see them sneaking up the standings....not ready to say they'll finally make the tournament. They will be a handful again, though, regardless.

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:

I think I would rather play at MSU right now than go play at NW.
Lot more pressure on MSU right now than on NW. Does Collins get considered for COY?

As of this morning, NW is 11th seed i the BTT. I think that Collins is doing a VERY good job at NW this year. I also agree that next year they will be even stronger. I want NW to do well in the B1G as I respect the institution.

However, the early conference season record at NW was not great and put them in a big hole. Theya re digging out of it now. I think that COY is out of reach for this year. Next year it would seem to be quite feasible.

GO CATS!!!!!

Lot more pressure on MSU right now than on NW. Does Collins get considered for COY?
He might get some votes, but I'm thinking more and more it might be Turgeon with Maryland. They had some turnover this year; other than Wisconsin, they've been the most consistent team in the conference. Bo Ryan's done his usual great job, but most expected it, and the schedule really helped out.

CMP will get some consideration if Purdue finishes strong.

It's way "too little, too late" for Collins to be considered.

There's zero reason he should be considered over Painter, Turgeon and I guess Ryan.

Collins is essentially doing what Painter did - except Painter did it nearly 3 months earlier in the season.

Can you imagine how this board will kill Matt after a loss like Beilein just had? Or the loss Lon Kruger had at Iowa State? Appreciate what we have gang...Losses blamed on coaching is stupid! Kids will be kids, especially on the road.

If NW can recruit 4 stars, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot recruit 4 stars.

Originally posted by icewind7:
If NW can recruit 4 stars, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot recruit 4 stars.
I think CMP is, and he has at least had things turn around a little on that front.....still room for improvement as always.

Hammons, Haas, and Stephens were 4*'s I thought.

V Edwards was at one point in the process.....I can't remember where Ray Davis ended up.

Basil was a 5*.... tic (that's a board inside joke). Seriously, if B Smotherman and B Scott type players are the lower-rated players from the recruiting services......that's not all bad. They can fit into a big piece of a really good team under the right circumstances.

JMHO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT