ADVERTISEMENT

"Nojel Eastern uncharacteristically misses a free throw"

clbndgm

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
OK. Time to be honest. How many of us ever thought that particular word combination would ever occur? I mean, except randomly by that bank of monkeys trying to type out Hamlet's soliloquy.

How did this happen? He was 6 for 6 in OT against MSU? (6?) Then again 6 of 6 (or was it 8 for 8?) in crunch time against Penn State. Then 5 of 6 today (I think) when we needed every one.

Hey, Nojel. We need you making those free throws- that miss could have cost us the game, buddy!! Whatever he has done is sure paying off big time now. He is still money at the line, but for us now. All the credit in the world to the young man for addressing his biggest shortcoming and doing the work. I am certain I speak for all on here when I say we no longer worry about him being in at the end of a close game. Sure, this may be a small sample (ok, it is) but it is the best small sample we have seen from Nojel to this point. No one has been more productive from the line the last couple weeks so his confidence should continue to grow and this sample should continue to grow.

Nice to have another weapon at crunch time, isn't it?

OK. Time to be honest. How many of us ever thought that particular word combination would ever occur? I mean, except randomly by that bank of monkeys trying to type out Hamlet's soliloquy.

How did this happen? He was 6 for 6 in OT against MSU? (6?) Then again 6 of 6 (or was it 8 for 8?) in crunch time against Penn State. Then 5 of 6 today (I think) when we needed every one.

Hey, Nojel. We need you making those free throws- that miss could have cost us the game, buddy!! Whatever he has done is sure paying off big time now. He is still money at the line, but for us now. All the credit in the world to the young man for addressing his biggest shortcoming and doing the work. I am certain I speak for all on here when I say we no longer worry about him being in at the end of a close game. Sure, this may be a small sample (ok, it is) but it is the best small sample we have seen from Nojel to this point. No one has been more productive from the line the last couple weeks so his confidence should continue to grow and this sample should continue to grow.

Nice to have another weapon at crunch time, isn't it?

I’ve been surprised that no one has remarked about his Mom working on free throws during his 4 days home around Christmas. She blogged that He shot over 200 free throws as She worked with him. She really did a great job building his confidence. Thank You Treed.

I’ve been surprised that no one has remarked about his Mom working on free throws during his 4 days home around Christmas. She blogged that He shot over 200 free throws as She worked with him. She really did a great job building his confidence. Thank You Treed.

Treed is a wonderful mom! We all may not always agree with her, but she is - first and foremost - a fantastic supportive mother to Nojel. And right behind that, she is a Boiler. We need to always keep that in mind!

Great game, Nojel! I'm looking forward to his continued development. IMHO, he is only beginning to scratch the surface of what he will be able to do!

i'm sure he is very aware of where he needs to improve. no doubt in my mind that he will.

Is it me or does his free throw shot seem to be getting smoother and smoother by game? It's almost starting to look like a normal free throw attempt. Keep it up Nojel.

Reactions: DannyGranger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT