ADVERTISEMENT

NFL list of approved names on back of helmets

The NFL didn’t do their homework when compiling this list. It’s basically an America’s Most Wanted list. Almost all of these people were known criminals who the police were trying to arrest when they fought with police, resisted arrest, or were attempting to flee. Plenty of honorable minority citizens that could be honored by the NFL. The real tragedy is that it sends the wrong message to young minorities. Instead of glorifying those who have made great contributions to our country, we’ve turned rapists, thieves, and drug dealers into martyrs.
The full facts, good and bad, on all parties, are sadly never shared. This leads to an extremely unbalanced discussion, followed by unbalanced activities, which are unfortunately tolerated. The pendulum has overcorrected.

Why are you opposed to bringing attention to racism, and helping to end the scourge of racism.
Because the powers to be want to keep it alive to divide and conquer. I look at people for who they are and how they treat people. Divide and conquer has been around forever

It is odd to see Brees going from giving his reason for standing for the anthem (a mainstream position), to him groveling, to his wife groveling, then him groveling again to......Drew plastering a rapists name on his helmet.

His choice was basically do that or get blackballed, tough position

No knock warrant middle of the night. Very similar to a home invasion so "stand your ground" should be fair no matter the resident or invader.

Absolutely.

No knocks for drug offenses should be off the table. Rand Paul tried. Gotta give him some credit. Its a libertarian position that could be common ground. Drug war/no knocks/police militarization.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Isn’t it interesting that the NFL overrides our justice system to determine who is a victim of racism? The cop that shot Micheal Brown was cleared and not charged by a grand jury, then the US Dept of Justice (under black president and black attorney general ... Obama/Holder) did an investigation that also cleared the cop, and finally a third investigation in St Louis also cleared the cop. But go ahead and honor him as a victim of police brutality despite the fact that three investigations said the cop acted in self defense as Micheal Brown attacked him.

Last edited:
I mean if bringing light to the plight of our black friends, of which the stories of policing and profiling are legion, and you have a problem withthat, I suppose I'll just have to call you a ****ing racist. I have no idea why this became political, but certainly I am not going to be on the side opposed to bringing attention to racism.

The problem is not about bringing attention to racism. The problem is with people trying to project racism, where it may not exist. George Floyd is a good example. There is nothing to indicate that racism was involved in Floyd's death. What I saw was a bad cop abusing his authority, but other than the fact that the cop & Floyd were different races, there is not one ounce of proof that racism was a factor. Ah, but because the cop was white, you jump to the conclusion that it MUST HAVE BEEN RACISM. If you expect to see racism everywhere, I'm sure you can provide the mental gymnastics to get you there. If you go out of your way to be offended, I'm sure you'll spend most of your time BEING offended.

There are a lot of confrontations between people of different races that are NOT motivated by race.
Put your race cards away and try to look at each situation objectively.

The problem is not about bringing attention to racism. The problem is with people trying to project racism, where it may not exist. George Floyd is a good example. There is nothing to indicate that racism was involved in Floyd's death. What I saw was a bad cop abusing his authority, but other than the fact that the cop & Floyd were different races, there is not one ounce of proof that racism was a factor. Ah, but because the cop was white, you jump to the conclusion that it MUST HAVE BEEN RACISM. If you expect to see racism everywhere, I'm sure you can provide the mental gymnastics to get you there. If you go out of your way to be offended, I'm sure you'll spend most of your time BEING offended.

There are a lot of confrontations between people of different races that are NOT motivated by race.
Put your race cards away and try to look at each situation objectively.
I don't think you can generally tell by watching a video clip, whether someone is racist or not racist. The cop in Floyd case apparently had a long history of department violations. Would have to go through that history and talk with others around him to make a determination. Presumably there would be a pattern there if it exists, and its entirely possible it does exist. I think a lot of people get frustrated when people are labeled as racist off a short video clip (Atlanta and Kenosha cops).....or if they don't think exactly like others think they should.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
The people in general who are opposed to these acknowledgements would propose nobody speaks out. I am unaware of any type of protest that has been "ok" with the majority that are against this awareness. First Kaepernick was vilified then even some on here vilified Drew for clarifying his comments regarding taking a knee. Peaceful protest were vilified. Wearing of t-shirts in athletic events was vilified (the first time I remember was ND Women's basketball, moved to the pros, with slogans like "I can't breathe.") The phrase "Black Lives Matter" has been vilified despite the fact that we spend a whole month every October focusing on breast cancer instead of all cancers. The NBA was vilified for their jerseys, which is not surprising since I don't think many racists watch the NBA. And now the NFL is being vilified for the Chiefs and Texans having a "moment of unity", for the NFL having innocuous statements in the end zone and for having small helmet bumper plates dedicated to bringing awareness to racism. So they have approved of nothing yet. I don't think they want to bring attention to racism.

Everything you mentioned was all about symbolism and had not one ounce of substance. You keep talking about "bringing awareness of racism" which is absurd. I firmly believe that we are all well aware of racism. Despite what the MSM is pumping out, if you have any historical perspective, you would realize that we have made great strides in this area over the last Century.
I don't believe there are many racist nations that would vote to elect and reelect a Black President, but don't let facts like that get in the way of your narrative.

You have a novel way of swaying people to your side of the argument. BlkGoldHoops disagreed with you, so you immediately called him a ***king racist. Yup, calling everyone, who disagrees with you a racist is a fine way to unite us in solving the problem. FWIW, the MSM is doing essentially the same thing. They talk only about the "peaceful protesters" and ignore Antifa and BLM, who are leaving a wake of ashes and carnage. They tailor the news to suit their narrative. They want the minorities angry enough to vote and they are relying on the Dems getting their usual 90% of the black vote. They stoke the fires of racism to bring out the vote. Sadly for the Dems, a lot of minorities are becoming aware of how the Dems have been manipulating them for many decades.

Please explain to me how a "Woke" Liberal, such as yourself plans to actually do anything about making racism go away? It gets old after a while, when people like you go to great lengths to "increase awareness", but you NEVER have any solutions for anything. You'd probably feel that you were doing something significantly important as you walked up to a guy, who was watching his house burn down and saying, "I want to make you aware that your house is on fire." Yeah, thanks a lot.

I know the "Woke" crowd feels very smug about being able to play all their "ist" cards, because they can signal their virtue for the world to see, but virtue signalling has NEVER solved anything and often provides obstacles to solving the problems of which they are trying to "increase awareness". Food for thought, if you actually want to think about the issue.

Last edited:
I don't think you can generally tell by watching a video clip, whether someone is racist or not racist. The cop in Floyd case apparently had a long history of department violations. Would have to go through that history and talk with others around him to make a determination. Presumably there would be a pattern there if it exists, and its entirely possible it does exist. I think a lot of people get frustrated when people are labeled as racist off a short video clip (Atlanta and Kenosha cops).....or if they don't think exactly like others think they should.

I believe the cop had a number of complaints about excessive force against him, which is why I think it was more about him exerting power on Floyd, rather than it being racially motivated. Yet the MSM had no problem making assumptions and throwing a match among the gas cans and inflaming race riots all over the country. Their irresponsible reporting cost lives, Billions of dollars and negatively impacted thousands of businesses. many of which were minority owned. Where's the accountability?

Last edited:
@BlkGoldHoops I am sorry you are a racist. Yes I condemn the awful gunning down of white cops today. But again, you being a racist is sort of the issue here.
What a simpleton you are. Not racist at all. Think what you want. If you go back to the beginning of this I was saying my problem is with the farce called the NFL and their inability to come up with consistency in what they believe is worthy of supporting. That’s all. You tried to deem me a racist to support some whack point of view you have. Sorry bruh, you’ve shown yourself to be the simpleton you are. You seem to resemble a certain group of people that have no idea how to debate something so they resort to namecalling. Lol.

I forgot fired his stolen gun at police. Stolen gun that was possibly used in a drive by shooting on an 8 year old boy who was eating at his dinner table.

Was that the DRIVE BY SHOOTING HE BROADCASTED ON FACEBOOK?

Let that sink in.

The NFL is allowing players to put the name of someone who shot into homes and broadcasted it on facebook.

Imagine how this would look to a parent of a recruit considering Purdue but unsure about sending their child to a red state in the middle of corn fields.
If a recruits parents use Rivals forums and people’s posts for helping them make a decision vs the school, academics, coaches, and athletic program, they probably should re-evaluate themselves. Also my guess Is every school in America has similar stuff on their boards.

The funniest this about Kap and the stupid fools on this board who support him is his love for Castro. Cuba may be the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere and have the worst level of police brutality.

In a published report the overwhelming majority of”white” Cubans stated belief that “”black” Cubans are intellectually inferior and “devoid of decency.” Numerous reports detail the extreme prejudice and institutional racism that is levied on Afro Cubans. Too bad Obama didn’t get any human rights concessions went he dropped the economic embargo and gave the dictatorship a life line of cash.

Yeah Kap, what do your Cubans communist leaders really think of you. I think 70 years of history says not much?

I don't doubt that many white Cubans are racist. It kind of goes with the territory in most former European colonies. White Europeans, today, are likely more racist than white folks in the New World (just my opinion). This goes way back. It's probably also just a "state of mankind" and not a Euro-specific thing.

That being said: In the same wikipedia article that mentions that survey result that you cited (58% is your overwhelming majority, in case anyone was wondering), there's also this quote: The Cuban blacks interviewed by Sawyer, even when they complained of racism and government policies, expressed their conviction that "things would be worse under the leadership of the Miami exile community or in the United States", and that "[t]he revolution has done so much for us". This "provides Afro-Cubans with a reason to support the current regime".

Maybe that is what Kaep was praising? Castro, perhaps, was trying to make it better, with his focus on universal literacy and such? I don't know. But you have to look at the whole picture in some detail before you call other people "stupid fools."

I'm not. I prefer addressing the problem rather than promoting a false narrative.
You mean like implying it's ok for a criminal to be treated differently by police than a non criminal? Or ignoring the fact that 99% of the BLM protesters are peaceful and trying to paint them as criminals because some people choose to riot and destroy property? Those kinds of false narratives?

Michael Brown is on the list why?

Exactly - my post from last night:

Isn’t it interesting that the NFL overrides our justice system to determine who is a victim of racism? The cop that shot Micheal Brown was cleared and not charged by a grand jury, then the US Dept of Justice (under black president and black attorney general ... Obama/Holder) did an investigation that also cleared the cop, and finally a third investigation in St Louis also cleared the cop. But go ahead and honor him as a victim of police brutality despite the fact that three investigations said the cop acted in self defense as Micheal Brown attacked him.

Reactions: SKYDOG
You mean like implying it's ok for a criminal to be treated differently by police than a non criminal? Or ignoring the fact that 99% of the BLM protesters are peaceful and trying to paint them as criminals because some people choose to riot and destroy property? Those kinds of false narratives?

I'm implying that if you fight the police, then I am not going to feel bad for what happens to you. And that applies to anyone. But people like you only want to make it an issue when it happens to a person of color. You know, there are actually white people who try to fight with cops too and they get shot/killed as well. And they deserve it too.

As for your looting and rioting comment, there is no way you have any clue what exact percentage of the protesters are peaceful. You pulled that number out of your ass. I'm not going to claim I know what percentage are violent but whatever the percentage is, it's large enough to do alot of damage and create alot of violence.

Congrats on your "movement".

I don't doubt that many white Cubans are racist. It kind of goes with the territory in most former European colonies. White Europeans, today, are likely more racist than white folks in the New World (just my opinion). This goes way back. It's probably also just a "state of mankind" and not a Euro-specific thing.

That being said: In the same wikipedia article that mentions that survey result that you cited (58% is your overwhelming majority, in case anyone was wondering), there's also this quote: The Cuban blacks interviewed by Sawyer, even when they complained of racism and government policies, expressed their conviction that "things would be worse under the leadership of the Miami exile community or in the United States", and that "[t]he revolution has done so much for us". This "provides Afro-Cubans with a reason to support the current regime".

Maybe that is what Kaep was praising? Castro, perhaps, was trying to make it better, with his focus on universal literacy and such? I don't know. But you have to look at the whole picture in some detail before you call other people "stupid fools."

Interesting that you would use a wiki article with unknown author, which states that Cubans, who have probably never been in the US, but allegedly BELIEVE that things would be worse in the US. How would they know?

All this shows me is your monumental ignorance and loathing for your OWN country. My last tour in the Navy, I was stationed in Key West, FL. You would be amazed at some of the flimsy rafts that Cubans used to escape Cuba and come to this OPPRESSIVE nation. I talked with Coast Guard crews that said they've picked up a dozen people clinging to 6 inflated tire inner tubes that were lashed together with ropes. You don't submit yourself to that much personal risk to go to a country worse than the one you're leaving. Castro was a lot more interested in Universal INDOCTRINATION, than he ever was in literacy. That's the foundation of Marxism. It seems to be working on our college campuses here, as well.

Have you figured out yet that BLM is run by a bunch of Marxists/Anarchists yet, or are you still in denial?

Interesting that you would use a wiki article with unknown author, which states that Cubans, who have probably never been in the US, but allegedly BELIEVE that things would be worse in the US. How would they know?

All this shows me is your monumental ignorance and loathing for your OWN country. My last tour in the Navy, I was stationed in Key West, FL. You would be amazed at some of the flimsy rafts that Cubans used to escape Cuba and come to this OPPRESSIVE nation. I talked with Coast Guard crews that said they've picked up a dozen people clinging to 6 inflated tire inner tubes that were lashed together with ropes. You don't submit yourself to that much personal risk to go to a country worse than the one you're leaving. Castro was a lot more interested in Universal INDOCTRINATION, than he ever was in literacy. That's the foundation of Marxism. It seems to be working on our college campuses here, as well.

Have you figured out yet that BLM is run by a bunch of Marxists/Anarchists yet, or are you still in denial?

Another crap post, deflecting from the topic being discussed, trying to ascribe beliefs to another poster (a whole bunch of beliefs, this time) which that person did not come close to stating.

No surprise.

You really need to educate yourself on the leadership of BLM. They are NOT what you want to believe they are. Just do a google search for "BLM Founders"

Patrisse Cullors describes herself as a Trained Marxist. How much do Maxists care about racial equality? How much do they care about any kind of equality?

You really need to educate yourself on the leadership of BLM. They are NOT what you want to believe they are. Just do a google search for "BLM Founders"

Patrisse Cullors describes herself as a Trained Marxist. How much do Maxists care about racial equality? How much do they care about any kind of equality?

Why do you keep deflecting? We were talking about racism in Cuba.

Besides, your anti-Marxist screed is barking at a non-existent bogeyman. I never said there weren't people who call themselves BLM leaders who do or don't ascribe to any particular political viewpoint. If you keep lying about what I've said and what I believe, then I will have to keep dogging you around this board to keep you honest. But it sure is tiresome for me and probably for the other posters.

I will say that if you don't want more people who do call themselves Marxists to come out of the shadows in the U.S., then you might want to spend some time reviewing why that is happening and what you could do about it. Also here's a hint before you prevaricate further about my own political views: I don't want that either.

Another crap post, deflecting from the topic being discussed, trying to ascribe beliefs to another poster (a whole bunch of beliefs, this time) which that person did not come close to stating.

No surprise.

I addressed your point, but not in a way that you found acceptable.
Speaking of deflection or would it be avoidance, you were not successful, but you gave it a Helluva try...LOL

Why do you keep deflecting? We were talking about racism in Cuba.

Besides, your anti-Marxist screed is barking at a non-existent bogeyman. I never said there weren't people who call themselves BLM leaders who do or don't ascribe to any particular political viewpoint. If you keep lying about what I've said and what I believe, then I will have to keep dogging you around this board to keep you honest. But it sure is tiresome for me and probably for the other posters.

I will say that if you don't want more people who do call themselves Marxists to come out of the shadows in the U.S., then you might want to spend some time reviewing why that is happening and what you could do about it. Also here's a hint before you prevaricate further about my own political views: I don't want that either.

BTW, that post was NOT directed at you.

Use your brain, not your emotions. I highlighted the comment that I posted about. It implied that racial prejudice was greater in the US, than it was in Cuba. You never even considered, "How would people, who have never been in the US know that"? It's not like there is a free press in Cuba to provide that info, but there is a lot of Government Indoctrination.

I have no question about WHY this is happening. Marxists always use the same formula, when they try to overthrow governments. They start by creating discontent among the working poor. Then they infiltrate education & media/press and start indoctrinating the populace. All those things are happening here and the vast majority of the people in this country are oblivious to it. Isn't it an interesting coincidence that BLM, which is run by Marxists, is pouring as much gas as they can on racial unrest. They seem much less interested in saving Black lives, than they are in causing hate & discontent. Perhaps that should give you a clue.

The thing that amazes me is that there are still intelligent people, who are either naive or ignorant enough to allow themselves to be indoctrinated. All anyone with a brain needs to do is look at all the governments that the Marxist overthrew and what the living conditions of the working poor were like a decade later. Invariably, their standard of living went DOWN. The people LOST their freedom. Lost upward mobility and they found out that in the great Marxist Utopias, that there were some people, who were a lot more equal than the others, despite what they were led to believe.

Do you want to live in Russia, China, Cuba or Venezuela? I believe you have good intentions, but you're buy into a false premise. Educate yourself...

Reactions: Riveting
wtf there are some terrible human beings on this list with some true victims. i guess i don't have a problem with the nfl doing what it thinks is right, but i also don't have a problem with people giving them the finger in response. there's a yin to every yang.

Explain how race was involved in the Taylor shooting? It was a drug bust gone wrong as I understand it precipitated by a man in her home who pulled a gun on police. Maybe I missed something though.

The facts don't matter. Yes, the Breonna Taylor incident was a horrible tragedy, but if anyone believes racism had anything to do with it, you're a fool and a moron. It was a drug bust gone wrong. Nothing more. The cops couldn't see what color Taylor was, all they could see was the muzzle flash of someone firing at them and they had to return fire to neutralize the threat.
She was not the victim of racism, police brutality or any other social justice warrior cause.

Last edited:
Why are you opposed to bringing attention to racism, and helping to end the scourge of racism.

Are you opposed to people resisting arrest, fighting the cops? Are you opposed to people who have a criminal past having yet another run-in with the law that ends tragically for them?
Are you opposed to Jacob Blake raping a woman, stealing her car and ATM card and emptying her bank account?

Remind us again, what do you stand for?

Imagine how this would look to a parent of a recruit considering Purdue but unsure about sending their child to a red state in the middle of corn fields.

ha ha! Yeh, that's gonna happen. I'm sure a bunch of parents of top recruits are on here reconsidering their kids school options because of what they read on a message board.

Here's a message for them:
"Hey parents of top recruits. We don't want your kids at Purdue if they support marxism, socialism, communism (as Ferris Bueller once said "isms are bad"). Send them someplace where their delicate sensibilities and fragile personalities won't have to endure thoughts and opinions different from their own"

Dreasjon Reed is on the list. Multiple felon with felony warrants out of multiple states. Goes on high speed chase on Facebook live. Runs from police. Then shoots at police. Why’s he on the list?

Didn't search it, but is Freddie Gray from Baltimore on the list?
He's a know gang banger, drug dealer with over 30 arrest on his long and distinguished rap sheet. I'd assume he's on the list. (if he isn't they should be consistent and add him to the other criminals they're honoring.)

BTW, that post was NOT directed at you.

Use your brain, not your emotions. I highlighted the comment that I posted about. It implied that racial prejudice was greater in the US, than it was in Cuba. You never even considered, "How would people, who have never been in the US know that"? It's not like there is a free press in Cuba to provide that info, but there is a lot of Government Indoctrination.

I have no question about WHY this is happening. Marxists always use the same formula, when they try to overthrow governments. They start by creating discontent among the working poor. Then they infiltrate education & media/press and start indoctrinating the populace. All those things are happening here and the vast majority of the people in this country are oblivious to it. Isn't it an interesting coincidence that BLM, which is run by Marxists, is pouring as much gas as they can on racial unrest. They seem much less interested in saving Black lives, than they are in causing hate & discontent. Perhaps that should give you a clue.

The thing that amazes me is that there are still intelligent people, who are either naive or ignorant enough to allow themselves to be indoctrinated. All anyone with a brain needs to do is look at all the governments that the Marxist overthrew and what the living conditions of the working poor were like a decade later. Invariably, their standard of living went DOWN. The people LOST their freedom. Lost upward mobility and they found out that in the great Marxist Utopias, that there were some people, who were a lot more equal than the others, despite what they were led to believe.

Do you want to live in Russia, China, Cuba or Venezuela? I believe you have good intentions, but you're buy into a false premise. Educate yourself...

We're not debating the value of Marxism. It doesn't work as has been proven over and over again.

Where you seem lost is on the root cause of Marxists trying to overthrow governments. You seem to blame the organizers, the Marxist people, for "creating discontent among the working poor."

Maybe you'd do better to understand what else creates discontent among the working poor. It had been building for decades in the U.S. for some obvious and identifiable reasons. Clever Trump did a masterful job of exploiting that, but he was a flash in the pan and only appealed to poor whites, not all the poor. And he only addressed part of the root causes. And so now starting in 2020 it's going to be lefty this lefty that for years until we get things like the tax code and health care and racial injustice addressed. I'm not interested in the rest of the far left's agenda...because, you see, I'm a capitalist.

We're not debating the value of Marxism. It doesn't work as has been proven over and over again.

Where you seem lost is on the root cause of Marxists trying to overthrow governments. You seem to blame the organizers, the Marxist people, for "creating discontent among the working poor."

Maybe you'd do better to understand what else creates discontent among the working poor. It had been building for decades in the U.S. for some obvious and identifiable reasons. Clever Trump did a masterful job of exploiting that, but he was a flash in the pan and only appealed to poor whites, not all the poor. And he only addressed part of the root causes. And so now starting in 2020 it's going to be lefty this lefty that for years until we get things like the tax code and health care and racial injustice addressed. I'm not interested in the rest of the far left's agenda...because, you see, I'm a capitalist.

There will always be poor people. We'll never have a society where some people aren't at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. That's why you have a lower, middle and upper class.
The best part is, we live in the USofA. The greatest country on earth, where you have the ability to decide which class you want to be in and if you're willing to work, risk and sacrifice (and make good decisions: getting an education, not having children out of wedlock, not committing crimes, waiting on marriage, etc), there's all the opportunity in the world for you.

There will always be poor people. We'll never have a society where some people aren't at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. That's why you have a lower, middle and upper class.
The best part is, we live in the USofA. The greatest country on earth, where you have the ability to decide which class you want to be in and if you're willing to work, risk and sacrifice (and make good decisions: getting an education, not having children out of wedlock, not committing crimes, waiting on marriage, etc), there's all the opportunity in the world for you.

What you say is partly true. So kudos for that.

Your logic is suspect, but I don't think that's the debate you were looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT