ADVERTISEMENT

NFL list of approved names on back of helmets

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
The NFL didn’t do their homework when compiling this list. It’s basically an America’s Most Wanted list. Almost all of these people were known criminals who the police were trying to arrest when they fought with police, resisted arrest, or were attempting to flee. Plenty of honorable minority citizens that could be honored by the NFL. The real tragedy is that it sends the wrong message to young minorities. Instead of glorifying those who have made great contributions to our country, we’ve turned rapists, thieves, and drug dealers into martyrs.

Remind me who Breonna Taylor raped again?

In addition to specific names, players may place the following phrases on their helmet bumpers: It Takes All of Us, End Racism, Stop Hate, Black Lives Matter.

This is the current list of approved names for placement on the player helmet bumpers, as provided by the NFL to PFT: Ahmaud Arbery, Althea Bernstein, La’Vante Biggs, Jacob Blake, Emantic “EJ” Bradford, Rayshard Brooks, Kalief Browder, Jim Brown, Michael Brown, Dennis “Ballie” Browning Jr., Miriam Carey, Philando Castile, William L. Champman II, Kenneth Clark Sr., Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, John Crawford III, Tymar Crawford, Emerson Crayton, Jordan Davis, Amadou Diallo, David Dorn, Manuel Ellis, Curtis Flowers, George Floyd, Janisha Fonville, Cornelius Fredericks, Eric Garner, Tank Goodman, Oscar Grant, Freddie Gray, Ronald Greene, Vanessa Guillén, Akai Gurley, DJ Henry, Botham Jean, Atatiana Jefferson, Dion Johnson, Jamee Johnson, Joshua Johnson, Kendrick Johnson, Bettie Jones, Corey Jones, Julius Jones, India Kager, Rodney King, Cameron Lamb, John Lewis, Shaheen Mackey, Marcus Malone, Trayvon Martin, Elijah McClain, Markeis McGlockton, Lyric McHenry, Davon McNeal, Marion Motley, Dante Parker, Fritz Pollard, Dreasjon Reed, Kevin Richardson, Jemel Roberson, Craig Rodgers, Deravis Caine Rogers, Antwon Rose Jr., Aura Rosser, Charles Roundtree, Jon Russell, Yusef Salaam, John Sanders, Raymond Santana, Antronie Scott, Walter Scott, James Scurlock, Sha-Asia Semple, Yvette Smith, Jason St. Julien, Eurie Stamps Sr., Aiyana Stanley-Jones, Alton Sterling, Enosa “EJ” Strickland, Willie Sturgis Jr., Darius Tarver, Breonna Taylor, Christian Taylor, Emmett Till, Denmark Vesey, Taiesha Watkins, and Alteria Woods.

Reactions: Boiler149
The NFL didn’t do their homework when compiling this list. It’s basically an America’s Most Wanted list. Almost all of these people were known criminals who the police were trying to arrest when they fought with police, resisted arrest, or were attempting to flee. Plenty of honorable minority citizens that could be honored by the NFL. The real tragedy is that it sends the wrong message to young minorities. Instead of glorifying those who have made great contributions to our country, we’ve turned rapists, thieves, and drug dealers into martyrs.
Someone tell them that next time they need to get hunkgolden’s approval beforehand.

Remind me who Breonna Taylor raped again?

In addition to specific names, players may place the following phrases on their helmet bumpers: It Takes All of Us, End Racism, Stop Hate, Black Lives Matter.

This is the current list of approved names for placement on the player helmet bumpers, as provided by the NFL to PFT: Ahmaud Arbery, Althea Bernstein, La’Vante Biggs, Jacob Blake, Emantic “EJ” Bradford, Rayshard Brooks, Kalief Browder, Jim Brown, Michael Brown, Dennis “Ballie” Browning Jr., Miriam Carey, Philando Castile, William L. Champman II, Kenneth Clark Sr., Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, John Crawford III, Tymar Crawford, Emerson Crayton, Jordan Davis, Amadou Diallo, David Dorn, Manuel Ellis, Curtis Flowers, George Floyd, Janisha Fonville, Cornelius Fredericks, Eric Garner, Tank Goodman, Oscar Grant, Freddie Gray, Ronald Greene, Vanessa Guillén, Akai Gurley, DJ Henry, Botham Jean, Atatiana Jefferson, Dion Johnson, Jamee Johnson, Joshua Johnson, Kendrick Johnson, Bettie Jones, Corey Jones, Julius Jones, India Kager, Rodney King, Cameron Lamb, John Lewis, Shaheen Mackey, Marcus Malone, Trayvon Martin, Elijah McClain, Markeis McGlockton, Lyric McHenry, Davon McNeal, Marion Motley, Dante Parker, Fritz Pollard, Dreasjon Reed, Kevin Richardson, Jemel Roberson, Craig Rodgers, Deravis Caine Rogers, Antwon Rose Jr., Aura Rosser, Charles Roundtree, Jon Russell, Yusef Salaam, John Sanders, Raymond Santana, Antronie Scott, Walter Scott, James Scurlock, Sha-Asia Semple, Yvette Smith, Jason St. Julien, Eurie Stamps Sr., Aiyana Stanley-Jones, Alton Sterling, Enosa “EJ” Strickland, Willie Sturgis Jr., Darius Tarver, Breonna Taylor, Christian Taylor, Emmett Till, Denmark Vesey, Taiesha Watkins, and Alteria Woods.

Explain how race was involved in the Taylor shooting? It was a drug bust gone wrong as I understand it precipitated by a man in her home who pulled a gun on police. Maybe I missed something though.

Explain how race was involved in the Taylor shooting? It was a drug bust gone wrong as I understand it precipitated by a man in her home who pulled a gun on police. Maybe I missed something though.

The media makes race an issue, when it suits their agenda. A black man gets killed by a black cop, we seldom, if ever hear about it. If a black man gets killed by a white cop, it's headline news for weeks, even if there is no indication that race was a factor in the incident. If a white man gets killed by a cop of any race, the media ignores it, since that can't inflame the populace.

Yup, the media is working hard to promote togetherness, by keeping us at each others throats. The MSM has become an extended version of the Jerry Springer show. It's sad to see what has become of responsible journalism in this country.

I guess the NFL has dropped its campaign against domestic violence because there are several individuals on that list who beat the shit out of their wives/girlfriends and/or kids.

If anyone wants to be disgusted about humanity read the criminal complaint against Jacob Blake. And he did it in front of his child.

I dont know if this is a serious post, but Nicole Brown Simpson didnt get her head almost sawed off by the police. It was OJ Simpson. The protest is against police actions.
My protest is against the stupidity of the NFL.

FWIW, From the above list I just don’t see a lot of “ married, employed, father of 3, Minding his law abiding business, shot by police”. Prove me wrong...

FWIW, From the above list I just don’t see a lot of “ married, employed, father of 3, Minding his law abiding business, shot by police”. Prove me wrong...
I mean if bringing light to the plight of our black friends, of which the stories of policing and profiling are legion, and you have a problem withthat, I suppose I'll just have to call you a ****ing racist. I have no idea why this became political, but certainly I am not going to be on the side opposed to bringing attention to racism.

I mean if bringing light to the plight of our black friends, of which the stories of policing and profiling are legion, and you have a problem withthat, I suppose I'll just have to call you a ****ing racist. I have no idea why this became political, but certainly I am not going to be on the side opposed to bringing attention to racism.

Citing examples that have nothing to do with racism does nothing. In fact, it's counterproductive. So congrats. You're the actual problem now.

Why are you opposed to bringing attention to racism, and helping to end the scourge of racism.

Once I actually spent some time to research all of this, it became clear that the problem is not rooted in racism. If it were racism than you would see the impact of these overly-forceful episodes be skewed towards a certain race—but the facts just don’t bear that out.

One of the better fact and logic-based discussions of the issue I came across was this Sam Harris podcast:

That means they deserved to be killed?

Citing examples that have nothing to do with racism does nothing. In fact, it's counterproductive. So congrats. You're the actual problem now.
What would you approve of? Not you specifically, a collective you (y'all?).

What would you approve of? Not you specifically, a collective you (y'all?).
The people in general who are opposed to these acknowledgements would propose nobody speaks out. I am unaware of any type of protest that has been "ok" with the majority that are against this awareness. First Kaepernick was vilified then even some on here vilified Drew for clarifying his comments regarding taking a knee. Peaceful protest were vilified. Wearing of t-shirts in athletic events was vilified (the first time I remember was ND Women's basketball, moved to the pros, with slogans like "I can't breathe.") The phrase "Black Lives Matter" has been vilified despite the fact that we spend a whole month every October focusing on breast cancer instead of all cancers. The NBA was vilified for their jerseys, which is not surprising since I don't think many racists watch the NBA. And now the NFL is being vilified for the Chiefs and Texans having a "moment of unity", for the NFL having innocuous statements in the end zone and for having small helmet bumper plates dedicated to bringing awareness to racism. So they have approved of nothing yet. I don't think they want to bring attention to racism.

Don’t do what you shouldn’t by putting words in my mouth.Why has the NFL not adhered to their prior policy of frowning on domestic violence? That problem been solved? Nah, didn’t think so. Teebow and religion not approved? Why not? If you DoNt see the nfl is a joke, you are truly a simple minded person. I’m guessing that’s it.

The people in general who are opposed to these acknowledgements would propose nobody speaks out. I am unaware of any type of protest that has been "ok" with the majority that are against this awareness. First Kaepernick was vilified then even some on here vilified Drew for clarifying his comments regarding taking a knee. Peaceful protest were vilified. Wearing of t-shirts in athletic events was vilified (the first time I remember was ND Women's basketball, moved to the pros, with slogans like "I can't breathe.") The phrase "Black Lives Matter" has been vilified despite the fact that we spend a whole month every October focusing on breast cancer instead of all cancers. The NBA was vilified for their jerseys, which is not surprising since I don't think many racists watch the NBA. And now the NFL is being vilified for the Chiefs and Texans having a "moment of unity", for the NFL having innocuous statements in the end zone and for having small helmet bumper plates dedicated to bringing awareness to racism. So they have approved of nothing yet. I don't think they want to bring attention to racism.
In general I haven't seen much vilifying of the Black Lives Matter slogan. As more people get educated on BLM organization and some of the leaders in it, that's where people agree with parts of movement and disagree with other parts of movement.

Take Kaepernick for example:
1) has referred to cops as "pigs"
2) praised Castro
3) referred to 4th of July as a White Supremacy holiday
4) works for a corporation that has made a lot of money off looking the other way on child Slave labor. On this one he has a lot of company with coaches, players, schools etc.

That to me that isn't a leader to unify people behind a common cause. Tony Dungy approach is a much better way to unify and lead.

I think the majority of people would get behind a combination of social justice reform:

1) police reform- and not the police union version of reform. Also with an understanding that not every bad interaction with a white officer and black person....is a racist encounter. There are some racist interactions, some are just bad policing, and some are caused by individuals that have no respect for cops or their fellow citizens.
2) education reform for our poorest areas (regardless of race in these areas) - And not the kind proposed by teachers unions,
3) more funding for police to keep our cities safe.
4) peaceful protests of any kind. This does not include hurling profanities, rioting, looting, targeting residences, verbal abusing people at restaurants.

Instead what we get from both Democrats and Republicans is only doing and saying things that think will help them win elections. Kenosha was a perfect example. Trump immediately supported police. Biden/Harris immediately supported Blake. Neither waited for the facts of an investigation. They took the position that they thought would help them win in November.

Sports tv commentators essentially forced to read from exact same script, and lecture their audience.

Until we see more leaders like Tony Dungy approach....the issues are going to continue to be very divisive. As long as many are afraid to speak at risk of losing their job, friends etc...it will continue to be very divisive.

That means they deserved to be killed?

People lump all of these together like they are the same...(how much resisting arrest was there etc).... There are cases where the cops blatantly committed murder for no reason. There are cases where they didn't need to use lethal force but you can see the gray area because of the level of resisting arrest. Then there are cases they left the officers with little choice. The movement should be toward prosecuting officers in the first type, giving the officers other options in the second type.

"If the officers have to chase you down, they are bringing an ass whooping with 'em"-Chris Rock.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
People lump all of these together like they are the same...(how much resisting arrest was there etc).... There are cases where the cops blatantly committed murder for no reason. There are cases where they didn't need to use lethal force but you can see the gray area because of the level of resisting arrest. Then there are cases they left the officers with little choice. The movement should be toward prosecuting officers in the first type, giving the officers other options in the second type.

"If the officers have to chase you down, they are bringing an ass whooping with 'em"-Chris Rock.
The challenge is the unknowable. Someone reaches in to a car after resisting arrest... what are you thinking?

Key word: “stories”. The data does not support that narrative

In general I haven't seen much vilifying of the Black Lives Matter slogan. As more people get educated on BLM organization and some of the leaders in it, that's where people agree with parts of movement and disagree with other parts of movement.

Take Kaepernick for example:
1) has referred to cops as "pigs"
2) praised Castro
3) referred to 4th of July as a White Supremacy holiday
4) works for a corporation that has made a lot of money off looking the other way on child Slave labor. On this one he has a lot of company with coaches, players, schools etc.

That to me that isn't a leader to unify people behind a common cause. Tony Dungy approach is a much better way to unify and lead.

I think the majority of people would get behind a combination of social justice reform:

1) police reform- and not the police union version of reform. Also with an understanding that not every bad interaction with a white officer and black person....is a racist encounter. There are some racist interactions, some are just bad policing, and some are caused by individuals that have no respect for cops or their fellow citizens.
2) education reform for our poorest areas (regardless of race in these areas) - And not the kind proposed by teachers unions,
3) more funding for police to keep our cities safe.
4) peaceful protests of any kind. This does not include hurling profanities, rioting, looting, targeting residences, verbal abusing people at restaurants.

Instead what we get from both Democrats and Republicans is only doing and saying things that think will help them win elections. Kenosha was a perfect example. Trump immediately supported police. Biden/Harris immediately supported Blake. Neither waited for the facts of an investigation. They took the position that they thought would help them win in November.

Sports tv commentators essentially forced to read from exact same script, and lecture their audience.

Until we see more leaders like Tony Dungy approach....the issues are going to continue to be very divisive. As long as many are afraid to speak at risk of losing their job, friends etc...it will continue to be very divisive.
The funniest this about Kap and the stupid fools on this board who support him is his love for Castro. Cuba may be the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere and have the worst level of police brutality.

In a published report the overwhelming majority of”white” Cubans stated belief that “”black” Cubans are intellectually inferior and “devoid of decency.” Numerous reports detail the extreme prejudice and institutional racism that is levied on Afro Cubans. Too bad Obama didn’t get any human rights concessions went he dropped the economic embargo and gave the dictatorship a life line of cash.

Yeah Kap, what do your Cubans communist leaders really think of you. I think 70 years of history says not much?

The funniest this about Kap and the stupid fools on this board who support him is his love for Castro. Cuba may be the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere and have the worst level of police brutality.

In a published report the overwhelming majority of”white” Cubans stated belief that “”black” Cubans are intellectually inferior and “devoid of decency.” Numerous reports detail the extreme prejudice and institutional racism that is levied on Afro Cubans. Too bad Obama didn’t get any human rights concessions went he dropped the economic embargo and gave the dictatorship a life line of cash.

Yeah Kap, what do your Cubans communist leaders really think of you. I think 70 years of history says not much?
When I lived in Spain I found it to also be an incredibly racist country. Detailing many of the issues you raise, "white" vs "brown" Spanish speaking people so to speak.

It is odd to see Brees going from giving his reason for standing for the anthem (a mainstream position), to him groveling, to his wife groveling, then him groveling again to......Drew plastering a rapists name on his helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT