ADVERTISEMENT

New ESPN Rankings

People should DEFINITELY trash the father. .

I get ragging on guys to some extent...But why the extreme HATE? Just ignore them and let them be. Life is to short not to live by the golden rule.......In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie611
I get ragging on guys to some extent...But why the extreme HATE? Just ignore them and let them be. Life is to short not to live by the golden rule.......In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.....

Again...he went out of his way to attempt to tear down the program and poison some of our better players against us. Good thing RD was too smart for that...but it certainly affected the team and the games of his sons....

People should DEFINITELY trash the father. He was not involved in their lives at all until they were playing college ball (specifically when RJ started playing) and when he got involved all he had to say was that Purdue was not a place that was going to get you to the pros.

Behind the scenes, Mr. Johnson was undermining Painter. Calling kids on the team and their parents telling them to leave the program and advising players to "get their own" while they still could. I think Mr. Johnson was one of the cogs working with some of the Region sketch balls to get Ray Day out of the program and convince him Purdue was not the place for him.

F that guy.

That said, I don't think anybody should slam Terone. Kid worked and played hard. I think at times he fell into what his brother was trying to do, but his first 2-3 years here he was a solid team player for us.

Intersting. I had not heard that the father actively worked against the program. I did understand that he objected to his sons playing at Purdue, for some reason. I can understand his actions with regard to his son, but I do not understand why he would be so actively disruptive to the program. Sorry, but I missed this aspect of the Johnson saga.

People who work actively against Purdue will not win any favors or sympathy from me. If what you say is true, then the father has acted in an indefensible manner. He needed to respect the decisions of his two sons and support their team, rather than undermine it. A kid's time at any D1 school is so limited that any disruption creates irreversible damage to the kid's situation.

:cool:

I still would prefer Benson over Brunk

Really? I'm the complete opposite. Benson and Brunk have battled several times with Brunk always coming out the winner. Benson has potential but his production simply isn't there, Brunk produces at every level I have seen him. Brunk is probably nearly at his ceiling but he is less of a project compared to Benson. IMO I would take Brunk 10/10 times over Benson, and I say this having watched each of them over 7 times at various levels of HS, AAU and All Star games

Really? I'm the complete opposite. Benson and Brunk have battled several times with Brunk always coming out the winner. Benson has potential but his production simply isn't there, Brunk produces at every level I have seen him. Brunk is probably nearly at his ceiling but he is less of a project compared to Benson. IMO I would take Brunk 10/10 times over Benson, and I say this having watched each of them over 7 times at various levels of HS, AAU and All Star games

They ARE NOT related. I think this rumor started when someone misinterpreted a tweet calling him "coz", short for cousin, but used colloquially like "bro" is among friends.
Whether they are related by blood or not is irrelevant, what is relevant is that CJ Walker listened to people from "RJ's entourage" and because of what RJ said, CJ Walker decommitted.

AND THEN the Walker camp was completely dumbfounded when Purdue cut ties after the decommit.

Hilarious how people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

When you decommit from a school, do you expect them to stay interested when you just told them you were most likely not interested in playing there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT