ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State v. Purdue Game Thread

Dude also has the last national title for a B10 team and loads of final fours. You get respect from refs when you’re a star or successful coach, just comes with territory.

Morton couldn’t do a whole lot there but that 3 was huge going into half. Our “fouls to give” was not executed well
don't get the giving of fouls, they just take em they don't do anything to impede their O

BS...he's ok.

Cannot guard quick guys. So not sure WHY CMP thinks he can guard #2, he's dead wrong. Abused M Everytime. That much is true.
cause last year Morton was on Walker during his last second shot that he missed up in E. Lansing

So 10 mins in I would have been super happy up 3 at half. We should have been up 7-9 though and the more we let them hang around……….

So 10 mins in I would have been super happy up 3 at half. We should have been up 7-9 though and the more we let them hang around……….
the tempo is like the osu game, which I don't care for, I believe we have no fast break points so far

cause last year Morton was on Walker during his last second shot that he missed up in E. Lansing

Walker will abuse a lot of Purdue guys. But not sure why the Coaches think Morton can handle him??

So far, coaches are wrong. Not that Walker has had a great first half, (12) but look for a BIG H2 he usually has. That is Walkers half. So hope coaches figure it out @ halftime.

their bench is out scoring ours so far, that's big
Easy to outscore our bench when we only have four players with points. And one of those players has 2 points.

also all that’s really saying is their bench out scored Gillis. The only other options off the bench generally never shoot. Maybe an occasional Furst layup

Easy to outscore our bench when we only have four players with points. And one of those players has 2 points.
When has our bench out scored someone? Lately it's only been Heide doing anything...Morton or Furst wont/Don't shoot

Definitely need more involvement and sharing the ball. 38 is a good half, but I look for Purdue to be 44+ in H2.....even with all the mugging Izzo has talked the refs into. If they don't score 44+....that let's MSU in the game

Last edited:
How I would love to see the rest of this game go. Purdue gets up 20. With 2 minutes to go Painter goes off on Courtney green and gets thrown out. Painter goes to Gene and lets him coach the rest of the game.

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
There are a lot of little things like fairly obvious travels, aren’t being called. Ref tripped Loyer for the turnover. Id bet $100 right now the goaltend gets reversed. All things considered we are being carried by three players. If anyone else starts giving us anything we run away with this one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT