ADVERTISEMENT

McLaughlin commits ...

Great news!

This is going to be a very talented team next year!

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, so let me ask the people who follow this program and the rest of women's basketball more closely than I do: what do you think the prospects are for next year in the B1G and nationally?

Reactions: ghostoffatjack
A big - huge - get for Sharon Versyp and Co. ...

Wow such wonderful news for this program continuing the great headlines since that awful PSU loss. I am really so pleased for the program. I hope the seniors realize that their play in the last third of the season made an even bigger difference than just the W vs L column.

Hoping that next year we will finish even further up at the top of B1G and go places in their tournament and the NCAA. (But there will continue to be very good teams we will have to beat, obviously.) If even half the frosh can excel as well as ours did this year and we have a dependable PG (McLaughlin and/or Murphy), we should be pretty good.

Reactions: rgarlitz and z_one
This program appears to be turning around - and quickly. Possible Miss Basketball and a clear winner. I have been critical of Versyp but the positive news just keeps coming. This is a big recruiting win and sends a strong signal to other recruits. Could football and women's basketball both recover nicely at the same time?

This program appears to be turning around - and quickly. Possible Miss Basketball and a clear winner. I have been critical of Versyp but the positive news just keeps coming. This is a big recruiting win and sends a strong signal to other recruits. Could football and women's basketball both recover nicely at the same time?
Fantastic! It's been a long time coming. Maybe Purdue can now be relevant again.

I hope the seniors realize that their play in the last third of the season made an even bigger difference than just the W vs L column.

Agree 100%. More or less the point I was trying to make in the Morrissette thread that des hijacked. It was the first time in awhile where we felt like a top 25 team and played competitively with the top 10 and that was the end result from a season that started off absolutely horrible. The job this team did to salvage their season was incredible and we could look back at it in a few years as a big turning point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT