ADVERTISEMENT

Love this headline at Hoosier.com

I just enjoy exposing you for who you actually are. You are easily the dumbest Purdue fan on this board (and that’s saying something).

You seem a little mad that I pointed out the truth of Crean and Painter’s Big Ten successes.

Shouldnt you be watching the game?
My guess is you have been banned several times from here and it's time the mods kick your spare parts ass back to the Indinia board with the rest of the short bus riders.

Reactions: Schnelk
Funny looking back at this article headline from 2015 that I just stumbled upon. Which program is in better hands?
That didn't age well. And the coaching carousel in Bloomington continues. Since Painter has been HC at Purdue, Indiana has gone through 6 coaching changes. And isn't their plan to change again in 2-3 years? So much instability in the program has made the already unstable fanbase even more so. ;)

Agree that the Hummel team was similarly prepared to win over any other team. Also agree that Painter has done an excellent job building, and that Purdue has become consistently good in a Keady-like way. Crean had some success after the Zeller/Oladipo team (a B1G championship +Sweet 16) but he was never, never consistently good. My point was that Crean had a concurrence of good stuff that he did not take advantage of.

So my summary takeaway was slightly different. I cited two criteria that could propel Purdue from a team that is consistently good into a destination school for top 20-30 talent. I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but it seems to me that super-high level talent consistently goes where they think they can win at a really high level, and where they can be a lotto/first round pick.

The Hummel and Edwards teams had only one of those two criteria -- enough horses to beat anyone. However, neither of those teams had anyone that fit the second criteria--players who were developed into the promised land of the lotto. My team has some nice recruiting advantages, and one of the most effective ones is the regular appearances of Isiah Thomas, Eric Gordon, Victor Oladipo (and now Mike Woodson) on campus. That's three eras for all family members who visit, and the tributes to Bill Garrett throughout the program are also very effective. UK, Duke, and Kansas have even more examples of their program putting guys on the biggest stage (though it took some big booster side payments to get many of them). To a 17 year old five star recruit that stuff can truly matter.

With Ivey, this Purdue team has a chance at both of those elements. He is by far the best Purdue NBA prospect since G Robinson.
Well this is obviously wrong, I was told by an iu bball icon that Ivey was an "inefficient chucker".

Last edited:
Until today, there was still hope that their football team would go to a bowl game. Now that reality has set in, they have nothing but basketball. If they finish 8th among "also receiving votes", they will declare Woodson a successful coach.

Until today, there was still hope that their football team would go to a bowl game. Now that reality has set in, they have nothing but basketball. If they finish 8th among "also receiving votes", they will declare Woodson a successful coach.

What are you talking about? The Irish are ranked Eighth in the COUNTRY!!
Top 10 (receiving votes) in BOTH sports you boiler knucklehead.
Talk in B'ton is of national championships in BOTH sports in the SAME year!
Jacket sales are through the roof.
Silly little Boilermakers.

What are you talking about? The Irish are ranked Eighth in the COUNTRY!!
Top 10 (receiving votes) in BOTH sports you boiler knucklehead.
Talk in B'ton is of national championships in BOTH sports in the SAME year!
Jacket sales are through the roof.
Silly little Boilermakers.

Unfortunately, no remaining inventory in the following counties: St. Joseph, Monroe, Marion, Hamilton, Allen, Lawrence, Daviess, Morgan, Orange, Greene, Vanderburgh, Harrison, Scott, Bartholomew, Howard, Henry, and Elkhart.

KWV3ufK.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT