ADVERTISEMENT

iu meltdown continues. Fans on edge.

I think they could potentially finish last next year if he leaves. They don’t have any bigs besides Race Thompson and the guy they have coming in isn’t going to impact much right away. I guess in theory they could get transfers with the new rules.

Personally, I’m hoping they finish last...;)
I think I read somewhere that Race is going to transfer out. Brunk is probably done playing college basketball. That leaves... zero bigs next year.

I think I read somewhere that Race is going to transfer out. Brunk is probably done playing college basketball. That leaves... zero bigs next year.
They have Logan Duncomb coming in from Cinci who is pretty good.

They have Logan Duncomb coming in from Cinci who is pretty good.
I watched one of his games on ESPN or FSN and he was good. He is a must-have for this IU team. Any big will be a must-have, and he will be thrown into the deep end with no time to acclimate to B1G play. If Thompson leaves, that team will be in trouble.

Even if Brunk comes back, how good will a 6'11" guy with back issues be?

I watched one of his games on ESPN or FSN and he was good. He is a must-have for this IU team. Any big will be a must-have, and he will be thrown into the deep end with no time to acclimate to B1G play. If Thompson leaves, that team will be in trouble.
Is there talk of him leaving too? I know TJD is "likely" to leave to go G-league or NBA. If they lose one or both, they might cancel next season.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Kaufman-Renn saw the writing on the wall. I think IU fans are more upset about losing him to us. I wonder if Archie would have gotten more of a pass if he was going there? I doubt it. Fans are too far gone.

Even if Brunk comes back, how good will a 6'11" guy with back issues be?
I don't know...maybe they will put him on the leaper (machine)? ;)
For the youngsters there were complaints about hurting the backs and "think" Knight may hve given it credit for improved jumping in Kent Bentson

Leaper.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Purdue85
I don't know...maybe they will put him on the leaper (machine)? ;)
For the youngsters there were complaints about hurting the backs and "think" Knight may hve given it credit for improved jumping in Kent Bentson

Leaper.jpg

OMG...

My wife and I were talking about that d@mn machine not long ago.

I'm sure intentions were good, but I also have no doubt there were serious back injuries attributable to that idiotic invention.

Numerous kids today are experiencing lower back stress fractures from poor lifting techniques, overloading the spine, etc. I'm certain there were a number undiagnosed...back in the day.

OMG...

My wife and I were talking about that d@mn machine not long ago.

I'm sure intentions were good, but I also have no doubt there were serious back injuries attributable to that idiotic invention.

Numerous kids today are experiencing lower back stress fractures from poor lifting techniques, overloading the spine, etc. I'm certain there were a number undiagnosed...back in the day.
I can see the impact on the back, ...the jolt a bit more than squats and such. I remember trying it in the mid to late 70s and what I recall was the shortness of breath if you did several reps quick. I haven't been to the gym in about 10-12 years and about the only thing that really caused me to not breathe was dead lifts. I need to get back to lifting something...some time to slow down the atrophy

I can see the impact on the back, ...the jolt a bit more than squats and such. I remember trying it in the mid to late 70s and what I recall was the shortness of breath if you did several reps quick. I haven't been to the gym in about 10-12 years and about the only thing that really caused me to not breathe was dead lifts. I need to get back to lifting something...some time to slow down the atrophy

That machine was a part of my summer basketball conditioning.

Anything loading the spine puts young athletes at an increased risk of spinal stress fractures (spondylolysis).

This topic came up on this forum within the past year or so, and I know it strikes a nerve for some, but rate of occurrence is amplified when kids are not properly supervised during weight training. It has been an all-too-common problem in HS sports today.

Reactions: tjreese
That machine was a part of my summer basketball conditioning.

Anything loading the spine puts young athletes at an increased risk of spinal stress fractures (spondylolysis).

This topic came up on this forum within the past year or so, and I know it strikes a nerve for some, but rate of occurrence is amplified when kids are not properly supervised during weight training. It has been an all-too-common problem in HS sports today.
yeah...too many have bad form and try to do too much weight to impress their friends.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT