ADVERTISEMENT

is it just me

Yes type it again and maybe it will make some sense. Just saying "first year" players implies freshmen. Now that you have explained it your previously idiotic post makes some sense. Thank you for clarifying it.
“freshmen” was never said or implied.

First year doesn't imply freshmen?
no.

“There are a ton of players that performed well in their first year at their current school”
is referring to any player who was not at this school the year before.

In the portal era, that obviously doesn’t mean strictly freshmen…

no.

“There are a ton of players that performed well in their first year at their current school”

The point is you think the first year coach should have success with a new scheme right away or else it was a failure.

Which first year coach had their offense running without issues…. Fickel, Rhule, Braun (he did over achieve with what he had). History shows 1st year coaches struggle because there is an adjustment period. Vegas knows this, but you do not.

if you point to names like L Reilly (he went from an Air Raid offense to Air Raid offense), B Kelly (has too many weapons to work with). Any other 1st year coach you have in mind?

Since you are the football genius. If you think The Air Raid offense is wrong, what offense should we be running? Brian Ferentz Iowa offense?

if you say the Brohm offense, let me remind you of the 2022 Citrus Bowl. Our receivers in the game, Burks (suffered injury in the game), Sheffield, Yaseem. How did that scheme work out for them…. *** mike drop ***

The point is you think the first year coach should have success with a new scheme right away or else it was a failure.

Which first year coach had their offense running without issues…. Fickel, Rhule, Braun (he did over achieve with what he had). History shows 1st year coaches struggle because there is an adjustment period. Vegas knows this, but you do not.

if you point to names like L Reilly (he went from an Air Raid offense to Air Raid offense), B Kelly (has too many weapons to work with). Any other 1st year coach you have in mind?

Since you are the football genius. If you think The Air Raid offense is wrong, what offense should we be running? Brian Ferentz Iowa offense?

if you say the Brohm offense, let me remind you of the 2022 Citrus Bowl. Our receivers in the game, Burks (suffered injury in the game), Sheffield, Yaseem. How did that scheme work out for them…. *** mike drop ***
My point is any scheme that requires players to be in it for 2 years to have success is a bad scheme in the portal era.

Reactions: pboiler18
First there are twelve full games of data that point to low offensive production? Some of that can be attributed to players but a significant portion can be attributed to the offensive coordinator for poor play calling AND the lack of creativity to put players into position to make plays. With soo many players leaving I also think that there is evidence that would lead me to suspect that the WR room is poison. Is that a coaching issue? It could be. Without being in that room or players talking publicly we will never know. What I also know is that the three top WR transfers (our three starters) transferred to Oklahoma, Michigan State, and The University of South Florida. Other coaches must think that they are at a minimum serviceable.

Between the two GA WR's they had 6 catches and total 275 yards last season. Those are not impressive numbers and in no way make me excited about our WR corps. If they were really 4 star receivers then they would have had more opportunities than that. In contrast Brohm knew that Moore was better than a three star player and had speed that put him in an elite category. Moore was mis-rated and easily should have been a 4 star receiver. The two GA WR's were also likely mis-rated,.....just in the opposite direction. I hope they are better but with the same QB and the same offensive coordinator I don't have much hope.

BTW If we are going to wait two more seasons to decide the competence level of the coaching staff we are in trouble.
Amen on multiple points...

Reactions: pboiler18

Are you speaking of first year coaches or coaches that have been head coaches for the first time?
Purdue chose to go down this road so let's let it play out. Offense aside,due to a new QB, our defensive scheme didn't match our players skill sets/ talent ability at all.....

no.

And in today's college game, how many new or first year players are you going to have each year playing a new scheme, more than at anytime before with the aid of the collectives......

Are you speaking of first year coaches or coaches that have been head coaches for the first time?
Purdue chose to go down this road so let's let it play out. Offense aside,due to a new QB, our defensive scheme didn't match our players skill sets/ talent ability at all.....
I meant both.

I guess you can point to Brohm and his success at Louisville. I attribute that to a weak ACC and a favorable schedule within the ACC.

Agreed. Let it play out.

There are people that are going to be bitching no matter what. They arw those that bitched when Brohm was losing. There are those that are bitching now. They're just bitchy little bitches that can't stop bitching lol. The world is full of them no matter where you go.

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Um. Ok. Whatever you say.

I for one look forward to how this offense with look with the new personnel this Spring Ball and season.
OK whatever you say....

I for one am not renewing my season tickets after 25 straight years of attendance. I will watch the games from home and turn them off at the point in the game where we start sucking.

OK whatever you say....

I for one am not renewing my season tickets after 25 straight years of attendance. I will watch the games from home and turn them off at the point in the game where we start sucking.
I don't believe this at all

This guy sat through every awful game of the 4 horrendous Hazell years and somehow Walters is the one who gets him to quit?

Yeahhhhh.... OK.

Reactions: z_one and Bippus33
I don't believe this at all

This guy sat through every awful game of the 4 horrendous Hazell years and somehow Walters is the one who gets him to quit?

Yeahhhhh.... OK.
It is true.... Maybe I am older now and have less tolerance for pain.

There's more that take time and you and we all know it
If you don’t do your job scouting. Hopefully this years crop is more ready to go.

In the portal era, you may only get 1 year from them, so it better be profitable. Let the G5 schools develop them.

If you don’t do your job scouting. Hopefully this years crop is more ready to go.

In the portal era, you may only get 1 year from them, so it better be profitable. Let the G5 schools develop them.
Scouting? A large chunk of these portal players are leaving because of lack of playing time, poor fit, or other reasons that mean there's not a lot of scouting to be had

Scouting? A large chunk of these portal players are leaving because of lack of playing time, poor fit, or other reasons that mean there's not a lot of scouting to be had
And until proven wrong, I’m concerned about kids who couldn’t get on the field elsewhere. Even if it’s Georgia. But if 1-2 hit big, it’s worth the gamble.

Reactions: Bippus33
And until proven wrong, I’m concerned about kids who couldn’t get on the field elsewhere. Even if it’s Georgia. But if 1-2 hit big, it’s worth the gamble.
If there are blow out wins, a lot of players should get playing time in them, even if the object is to score a lot of points. If they don't play, that should be a red flag.

I think it’s just you. We had two AP 2nd team all big ten and we lost them both. No one else on our team is worth the big $ for a major program to throw around except for maybe Thieneman. I think we played the incoming guys in well by picking up a few guys looking for a chance to start with a staff with a good track record of developing DBs like Green and also lured some good mid-conference guys away with our modest NIL.
Looking back, SMU was way ahead of its time. Now it’s NIL for the taking.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I disagree, he didn't bite anyone this year
Well ol TJ better get to work doing something because he’s not on MSU. They’re looking elsewhere for a WR because the proven guy they got in the portal is ineligible at this time.

Well ol TJ better get to work doing something because he’s not on MSU. They’re looking elsewhere for a WR because the proven guy they got in the portal is ineligible at this time.
Did not hear the news. Why was TJ ineligible?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT