ADVERTISEMENT

IN vs Kent all star game....

I never "wrote him off." Just wasn't very impressed with him last year and he doesn't really have the athleticism or body that makes me think he'll have some huge sophomore jump. I'm sure he'll get some playing time, but I don't think he deserves to be taking a lot of minutes from our more talented players. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise me?

He already surprised me. I thought he was a RS candidate as a freshman playing the toughest position on the court. He played a lot of minutes and almost singlehandedly tookover one game for a win.

So my HS Alma mater now has a big Rutgers "R" at center court??

Interdasting. Go Red Devils...1992 State Champs, baby!!! (my Frosh yr)

Can't wait to see what the future holds for Cline. RS or not, I have high hopes for this kid. Seems like a baller. Thx for the links.

Reactions: B1Gboilermaker
So my HS Alma mater now has a big Rutgers "R" at center court??

Interdasting. Go Red Devils...1992 State Champs, baby!!! (my Frosh yr)

Can't wait to see what the future holds for Cline. RS or not, I have high hopes for this kid. Seems like a baller. Thx for the links.
Cline looks exceptional at getting his shot off. From what I have seen, he may be the best Purdue wing at creating his own shot since E'Twaun.

1. Playing #s is probably why 1-2 guys will RS....just too many good guys available to waist a season with spot minutes.

2. Why does everyone assume Hill will pay so much? Has Painter said anything to indicate that he really has shown he is a B1G starter caliber guy?

As far as Hill is concerned, he was the full-time starting PG this past season at UT-Arlington and at Illinois State as a sophomore. Someone above basically stated that Hill isn't proven against top-notch competition. He has had pretty good games against upper-echelon teams before, such as his play in a road win at #16 Creighton in 2013: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330400156

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT