ADVERTISEMENT

If you're from IN, list your hometown here...

Not Indiana but small little town, Mayberry North Carolina. Great place grow up , good haircuts and really friendly gas station attendants.

Talking dog may have went national but not sure.

I'm from small town Mayfield, OH and we had a barber there named Andy, who said his identical twin brother Floyd was a barber in Mayberry, NC. Does that name sound familiar? Have you ever heard of Floyd?

http://dai.ly/x4q23v1?start=1468

Everyone got a good chuckle the day Andy shaved Wally. A few years later, Andy shaved the Beaver and pretty much most of the town was in an uproar for some reason. It was the mid-1960s after all.

Fort Wayne. Moved all around the country after graduating. Just moved back to fort Wayne last year, near homestead high school.

I'm on the exact opposite (northeast) side of the Fort. I've been to Homestead a few times before (my sister had some tennis matches there) and been to nearly every part of the city at one time or another.

Reactions: punaj
Live in Scottsdale AZ but went to high school in Connersville.
Not sure how old you are but I was a JV player for Indian Creek in 1985 when the Hieneman brothers eliminated us, easily, from Semi-State at Hinkel. Way too much for our attempt at channeling the ghost on of 54 Milan.

Not sure how old you are but I was a JV player for Indian Creek in 1985 when the Hieneman brothers eliminated us, easily, from Semi-State at Hinkel. Way too much for our attempt at channeling the ghost on of 54 Milan.

Didn't Connersville knock out New Castle and Alford in winning the State title in '83 as well?

Also, not a native to the Hoosier State, but in addition to my time in West Lafayette, hail from Indianapolis and Evansville. Spent plenty of time in the Southern and Central part of Indiana, from Madison and Tell City to Jasper and Dale through Sullivan/Vincennes and Terre Haute.

So are you the one who wrote KAT 123 all over Marion?:eek:

That went back to Jay Edwards time, we said they couldn't count to 3 or spell cat. Next thing we know spots in Southern Huntington county started getting gratified with "123 KAT".

From Southern Huntington County

Last edited:
Didn't Connersville knock out New Castle and Alford in winning the State title in '83 as well?

Also, not a native to the Hoosier State, but in addition to my time in West Lafayette, hail from Indianapolis and Evansville. Spent plenty of time in the Southern and Central part of Indiana, from Madison and Tell City to Jasper and Dale through Sullivan/Vincennes and Terre Haute.
Yes they did. Connersville was both physical and skilled and they put two big ten recruits on the floor at once. Alford was fantastic but it just wasn't enough.

Was born in Lafayette. left about as quick as I could. Since have spent time in St. Louis, Florida and now Louisiana. Oddly enough went back to Lafayette for a few years and both of my children were born there.

I grew up in New Castle too!

Live just outside Gnaw Bone now. I hear the shotguns going off in the woods after every IU loss. Music to my ears!

I hear one of the best pork tenderloin sandwiches is, or used to be, available in a little gas station in Gnaw Bone. Never had the chance to try it.

I hear one of the best pork tenderloin sandwiches is, or used to be, available in a little gas station in Gnaw Bone. Never had the chance to try it.

Still there! At the "Gnaw Mart"! Home of the Original! And yes it's the best ever.

October+2012+046.JPG

Reactions: punaj
1961 thru 1965 at CHS. Last time back was for 50th class reunion. It is the junior high school now. if you want to be depressed about C'ville, read the recent Atlantic article about the poorest county in Indiana.

My mom graduated from Connersville a couple years after that. My uncle would be the exact same time frame.

My mom graduated from Connersville a couple years after that. My uncle would be the exact same time frame.
My brother graduated in 1967 and went to (shudder) iu. I am married to an iu School of Nursing graduate - we both got master's degrees from Univ of Mich and she her Ph.D. from Univ of Texas. All the members of our families, except for offspring (obviously, we all moved out of state ASAP), went to Big Ten schools. Living in California means I miss pork tenderloin sandwiches which is probably good for the waistline. Ask your mom if she remembers Kunkel's Drive In.

I don't want to see you complaining about anything on here in the future if you're unwilling to respond to a simple question. Either don't post a reply in the thread or just answer Cleanface's question. Saying "no" just makes you look like a little kid being spiteful just for the sake of it.
Thanks, referee. Now, we all know the rules.

My brother graduated in 1967 and went to (shudder) iu. I am married to an iu School of Nursing graduate - we both got master's degrees from Univ of Mich and she her Ph.D. from Univ of Texas. All the members of our families, except for offspring (obviously, we all moved out of state ASAP), went to Big Ten schools. Living in California means I miss pork tenderloin sandwiches which is probably good for the waistline. Ask your mom if she remembers Kunkel's Drive In.

Oh yeah, she hung out there for sure. I think it's still there.

Wait a minute...blond hair? Forward...played bball with a guard that escapes me? I'm friends with Conde and Kenny Vint....
Yes blonde and a forward but only played BB in middle school, no hops and too slow. Are you referring to Conde Echelbarger? I don't know a Conde Vint and Kenny sounds familiar, but my memory of middle/high has gotten muddled over the years.

Yes blonde and a forward but only played BB in middle school, no hops and too slow. Are you referring to Conde Echelbarger? I don't know a Conde Vint and Kenny sounds familiar, but my memory of middle/high has gotten muddled over the years.
yes Conde Echelbarger and Kenny Vint who had a son that was a senior at Purdue this year that was killed in an auto accident in November? ???? home during break. I thought there was a Sumner or Summer that played a year or so before?

A little before my time but my brother graduated in '81. Could you be thinking of Rob Louks?
Absolutely, Rob is out in California somewhere doing really well in the computer field. I think he may have had a son that got drafted into the NFL the last couple of years. Played bball with Rob once...really enjoyed it. Bud had a lot of good football teams back then...but basketball was always a step behind

yes Conde Echelbarger and Kenny Vint who had a son that was a senior at Purdue this year that was killed in an auto accident in November? ???? home during break. I thought there was a Sumner or Summer that played a year or so before?
Too bad about Kenny's son. Conde was like 2/3 years behind me and I think there was a Sumner family in the area, possibly Kurt/Kirk. I still have 2 sisters and a brother in the Greentown area (I'm the youngest) and my father is in Converse.

Too bad about Kenny's son. Conde was like 2/3 years behind me and I think there was a Sumner family in the area, possibly Kurt/Kirk. I still have 2 sisters and a brother in the Greentown area (I'm the youngest) and my father is in Converse.
Ray Ashcraft was maybe a year or so behind you I'm guessing. He is an engineer that works on vision systems.

Did Bobby Smith go there? I can't recall, but was thinking he might have graduated from Prairie?

TJ, we've chatted on here a few years ago, I'm from Mulberry. Bobby smith was AD and bball and cross country coach for many years, but he was from the region somewhere. I'll can't remember exactly where right now

Reactions: tjreese
Ray is actually 3 or 4 years older than me. I think he was in one of my sisters class. I remember him playing BB/FB for EHS and he was a ripped farm boy. He's still pretty active from what I've seen on FB.
Ray is in good shape. I dated a cheerleader for a short while that might have been in your sisters class...can't believe I can't think of her name. Lived north of Plevna and had a couple of sisters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT