ADVERTISEMENT

If tOSU wins tonight/bowl payout question....

Jack_Ripper

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 10, 2011
Northeast Indiana
If they win tonight, do they pick up another check for making the championship game ? or do they pick up the larger of the bowl payouts ?

Thanks from the lazy....

after watching TCU's win over Ole Miss, didn't do much to change my mind that TCU should be in the Final 4.

Originally posted by Jack_Ripper:
If they win tonight, do they pick up another check for making the championship game ? or do they pick up the larger of the bowl payouts ?

Thanks from the lazy....
Each team gets $18M for today's game....Then the 2 teams in the championship game each get $22M. All the B10 bowl money is divided equally among all the teams. The B10 covers the teams bowl expenses(travel,meals,hotel etc)
If OSU loses today,our "share" would be about $1.4M, if they win today and go to the championship game,our "share" would be about $3.1M

This post was edited on 1/1 12:33 PM by uncleboiler

Originally posted by uncleboiler:

Originally posted by Jack_Ripper:

Thanks from the lazy....
Each team gets $18M for today's game....Then the 2 teams in the championship game each get $22M. All the B10 bowl money is divided equally among all the teams. The B10 covers the teams bowl expenses(travel,meals,hotel etc)
If OSU loses today,our "share" would be about $1.4M, if they win today and go to the championship game,our "share" would be about $3.1M

This post was edited on 1/1 12:33 PM by uncleboiler
Maybe ole Captain Morgan is more sly than we give him credit. tOSU
spends a huge amount of money keeping their program on top and their
team does all the work preparing for and going to conference
championships and to bowl games while MB runs a sub standard program on
the cheap. Then, we get the same cut from the bowl game(s) as tOSU (maybe $3.1M). Finally, MB hands over the $3M to the University for some building project, gets a pat on the back and a bump. In the end, tOSU puts up about a building a year at Purdue!

Originally posted by PaBoiler78:

after watching TCU's win over Ole Miss, didn't do much to change my mind that TCU should be in the Final 4.

I just think Ole Miss and everyone else in the SEC West was way overrated, with the exception of Alabama. And who knows what I will think in about 6 hours.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think part of it too is that ole miss just gave up on their season after being knocked out of the national title hunt.
Tcu is good, but the head to head loss to Baylor was too much IMO anyway.
Like their coach said, they needed to be undefeated to leave no doubt.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I sadly agree with you. In looking a most of the new athletic facilities, I realize now that the money came from the hard work of other schools. The softball, baseball, etc. facilities are paid for by OSU, Wisky, MSU, UM, PSU, etc.....even IU. Purdue is directly benefitting from the hard work of others while it doesn't pull its own weight. Purdue is now like the B1G's welfare recipient. I am ashamed of my alma mater.

I don't think Ole Miss gave up on their season before TCU started kicking them around. They just beat Mississippi St and were a 4 point underdog going into their biggest bowl game in years.

It was just a combination of Miss not being as good as the media wanted us to think, and the fact that TCU is the real deal.

I agree - TCU was the real deal on both sides of the ball. By the way, OSU getting into the championship game paid for the money taken out of reserves to deal with the deficit. It really has just about gotten to the point that attendance doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT