ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game

Jan 6, 2014
Drinking a beer and being lazy after Christmas. I turn on the motor city bowl. Question I have is if we win one more game are we playing in this game? We crushed the boat man and Minnesota, they are 5-7 like we would have been. I think they’re the only team with a losing record playing in a bowl.

Reactions: drewjin and tenwest
Drinking a beer and being lazy after Christmas. I turn on the motor city bowl. Question I have is if we win one more game are we playing in this game? We crushed the boat man and Minnesota, they are 5-7 like we would have been. I think they’re the only team with a losing record playing in a bowl.
they got in by their APR score

Va Tech is bowling too. 🤔

If not for our fumbling and losing games against Fresno st and Syracuse, Purdue could have been 6-6

A question to ask. Minn was selected based on their academic accomplishments. If Purdue had finished 5-7, would Purdue’s academic standings have been higher than Minnesota? If not, why not?

No our apr score was good but there were more 5-7 teams ahead of us. We needed 6 wins this year.

Honestly, the only reason I would have wanted to go to a bowl would have been to give our team more practice time. Other than that, bowl games have just changed over the last few years, unless you are playing in a major bowl or the CFP.

Reactions: drewjin
I consider USC and UCLA as Big Ten teams. So far Big Ten is 4-0. USC won with a 3rd string QB.
it will be interesting to Iowa shut down Tennessee playing Ferentz Ball.

Reactions: z_one and drewjin
I consider USC and UCLA as Big Ten teams. So far Big Ten is 4-0. USC won with a 3rd string QB.
that qb looked pretty good plus USC was playing w/o 24 players that were starters or who had significant PT. L Ville's secondary looked horrible and their #27 was beat like a drum. Plummer was his usuall 6 or 7 yd passes

Reactions: Dickie1 and z_one
I cannot believe Louisville lost to USC. He pulled what he did at Purdue and played down to an opponent.

I can believe USC won. The game was sort of a home game for USC. If USC had a better defensive coordinator, they had the talent to go undefeated this year. There were several games against top ranked teams this year USC could have and should have won! USC could have easily been the PAc 12 champion instead of Washington!

Louisville with Plummer was not really a top 20 team despite their record.

I can believe USC won. The game was sort of a home game for USC. If USC had a better defensive coordinator, they had the talent to go undefeated this year. There were several games against top ranked teams this year USC could have and should have won! USC could have easily been the PAc 12 champion instead of Washington!

It didn't surprise me. When you look at Brohm coached teams at Purdue, every season there were 2 or 3 games where Purdue was favored to win or was much better on paper but played flat and lost. Louisville stumbled against Pitt and Kentucky (which was at home) and then lost to a USC team with a 3rd string QB.

One can say that this is Brohm's first year at UL and is having a nice honeymoon, but the pattern he forged at Purdue is re-emerging again.

It didn't surprise me. When you look at Brohm coached teams at Purdue, every season there were 2 or 3 games where Purdue was favored to win or was much better on paper but played flat and lost. Louisville stumbled against Pitt and Kentucky (which was at home) and then lost to a USC team with a 3rd string QB.

One can say that this is Brohm's first year at UL and is having a nice honeymoon, but the pattern he forged at Purdue is re-emerging again.
Brohm also benefits from a down year for the ACC, and on top of that an easier schedule draw in the ACC. however, respect for beating ND.

I cannot believe Louisville lost to USC. He pulled what he did at Purdue and played down to an opponent.
Brohm got a puffball schedule and lost to a barely over .500 UK and then lost to a 7-5 team because they loaded up on easy wins.

He takes that team to the B10 and he doesn't have a winning season either.

But, that's the advantage of being at UL. He's home and treated like a god AND he gets guaranteed wins.

Idk how long the fans down there are going to be reverent toward Brohm. They lost to UK yet again and there's already a big thread on their board wondering why the recruiting hasn't tremendously improved. They were expecting a "Brohm Bump" on the recruiting trail I guess. lol

Not surprising at all last night though. Their one big play receiver opted out, so all they could do with Plummer was throw short passes to the back. And that USC defense was awful, they have been torched by every P5 team they faced but ASU.

Next year will be interesting for them. They are counting on a 7th year QB who has never completed a season.

Reactions: z_one and SKYDOG
Brohm got a puffball schedule and lost to a barely over .500 UK and then lost to a 7-5 team because they loaded up on easy wins.

He takes that team to the B10 and he doesn't have a winning season either.

But, that's the advantage of being at UL. He's home and treated like a god AND he gets guaranteed wins.
That’s what the majority of us said when he left for Louisville. It will be so easy for him to have 8-9 wins every year and only have to really prepare for 2 games. And if he wins, it’s nice. And if he loses to the real teams, he’ll still have 8-9 wins against the cream puffs and people will look at his overall record and say he’s an awesome coach. I guess he’s better than their previous coach. But got his dream job and he’ll do enough to keep the job for the next 20+ years

Reactions: z_one
Honestly, the only reason I would have wanted to go to a bowl would have been to give our team more practice time. Other than that, bowl games have just changed over the last few years, unless you are playing in a major bowl or the CFP.
Most of the ones I've watched have looked cold and wet. Ugh. Fenway???? Really???? Lucas Oil would provide a better atmosphere with more to do for half the cost. Strike that, downtown Indy isn't what it was.

so far 2Q Rutgers man handling ACC team.

I recognize Deen, former Boiler. He is getting pushed around.

Idk how long the fans down there are going to be reverent toward Brohm. They lost to UK yet again and there's already a big thread on their board wondering why the recruiting hasn't tremendously improved. They were expecting a "Brohm Bump" on the recruiting trail I guess. lol

Not surprising at all last night though. Their one big play receiver opted out, so all they could do with Plummer was throw short passes to the back. And that USC defense was awful, they have been torched by every P5 team they faced but ASU.

Next year will be interesting for them. They are counting on a 7th year QB who has never completed a season.
they are doing well in the portal, either 3rd or 4th, think he's going harder in the portal vs recruiting, look at us , we had a 4star Myers sit all year as a Fr then hits the road

Last edited:

and a better D Line, they were extremely light up front

That’s what the majority of us said when he left for Louisville. It will be so easy for him to have 8-9 wins every year and only have to really prepare for 2 games. And if he wins, it’s nice. And if he loses to the real teams, he’ll still have 8-9 wins against the cream puffs and people will look at his overall record and say he’s an awesome coach. I guess he’s better than their previous coach. But got his dream job and he’ll do enough to keep the job for the next 20+ years
the best scene last night was early in the 4th and Brohm w/ Plummer next to him, has his play sheet in front of him going over options or whatever for that play where L Ville got bailed on that PI call and Plummer was looking out to the field

they are doing well in the portal, either 3rd or 4th, think he's going harder in the portal vs recruiting, look at us , we had a 4star Myers sit all year as a Fr then hits the road
And we are 5th, so not a significant difference.

currently on 247, Lville has the 3rd ranked class while Purdue is 12th
Wish Brohm woulda recruited that well/passionately when he was here…

From last night: I did enjoy the patented Brohm “end of the half give up a field length drive for a TD” that he perfected at Purdue. History repeating itself…

Reactions: z_one and TMA62
USC QB Williams and OSU Wr Harrison both decided not to play in their team’s bowl games. Yet both players have said they may return to college for another year.

Sometimes, you have to look at the actual evidence rather than believing what people tell you in press conferences!

People frequently ask me for links. Most times I don’t need links. Their actions speak for themselves. I guess neither player likes the bears.

USC QB Williams and OSU Wr Harrison both decided not to play in their team’s bowl games. Yet both players have said they may return to college for another year.

Sometimes, you have to look at the actual evidence rather than believing what people tell you in press conferences!

People frequently ask me for links. Most times I don’t need links. Their actions speak for themselves. I guess neither player likes the bears.
what do you mean? Can you not see it? Jim Harbaugh the head coach of your Chicago Bears. J Fields your QB. Harrison Jr your WR1. Blake Corum your RB. Makes perfect sense to me.

joking btw

what do you mean? Can you not see it? Jim Harbaugh the head coach of your Chicago Bears. J Fields your QB. Harrison Jr your WR1. Blake Corum your RB. Makes perfect sense to me.

joking btw
No no no. Even Harbaugh turned down the Bears job. Harbaugh wants the Chargers job. But knowing the Bears, they will keep Fields and trade down

You might say, I’m not a Bears fan. My team plays them twice a year and OWNS da bears

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT