ADVERTISEMENT

If Chauvin is acquitted.....

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Seems to be more speculation that Chauvin will be acquitted in the death of Floyd.
For our liberal, left, Democrat friends, what should be the public response, if any to an acquittal?

Are you OK with protesters attacking the police, looting, burning, or otherwise, non-peaceful demonstrations?

I'm not a Democrat, but framing this in terms of "are you ok with it" is misguided.

I don't think anyone wants to see violence or looting, but rather acknowledge that this is an inevitable reaction to the fissures in our society brought on by the internal contradictions of our current American system.

Reactions: charlespig
Anyone who thinks he’s guilty of murder hasn’t been watching the trial. The media and democrat politicians are setting the stage for a shit storm over the next few weeks

media and democrats setting the stage for a shit storm

never seen that before
Now, that is a funny response!
Hope cooler heads will prevail, but doubt it will. When it does happen, should we all be calling for Maxine Waters to resign or be expelled if death happens in her wake? Wondering how that will be handled since she is inciting protestors to action? :confused:

I'm not a Democrat, but framing this in terms of "are you ok with it" is misguided.

I don't think anyone wants to see violence or looting, but rather acknowledge that this is an inevitable reaction to the fissures in our society brought on by the internal contradictions of our current American system.

If we're going to be completely honest though, would you agree that 90% of those who might participate in some sort of nefarious activities (I'm talking beyond marching with signs and chanting) are going to categorize as left leaning, liberal or Democrat?
And if that's the case, do you think that the powers that be in those circles should be proactive and have athletes, politicians, pop culture icons, clergy, etc start making some public service announcements about peaceful protests, not engaging police, looting, burning, destruction, etc?

The fact that the Minny schools have already gone to online classes again as a response to potential unrest is pretty disheartening.

Now, that is a funny response!
Hope cooler heads will prevail, but doubt it will. When it does happen, should we all be calling for Maxine Waters to resign or be expelled if death happens in her wake? Wondering how that will be handled since she is inciting protestors to action? :confused:
have any democrats condemned what she said

Has any repubs condemn Ted Cruz and that other crazy ass GOP Senator for inciting the Jan 6 insurrection?

Reactions: charlespig
Anybody that thinks Chauvin is innocent in the public lynching of George Floyd is a racist.

Anybody that thinks Chauvin is innocent in the public lynching of George Floyd is a racist.
what people think and what happens in the court of law, especially in a murder trial, are two completely different things. I'm sure the defense made an articulate argument to what does and does not constitute the data that needs to be proven to convict someone of murder. The court of popular opinion has no input.

But, since we're playing this game, should OJ have been convicted of murder?

Last edited:
Reactions: GregJM24
You obviously haven’t watched the trial. Nice ignorant hot take
I didn’t need to watch the trial. All I needed to see was a jackass putting his knee on another man’s neck for 10 minutes and twenty seconds. Knee continued to be on his neck even after the EMT’s got there. However, I did see a good portion of the trial. What I saw confirms what I thought at the time, another black man was lynched at the hands of the police. This ain’t nothin’ new. This and others just happened to be captured on video with today’s technologies. This stuff have been happening to black folks for 4 centuries in America.

Did you watch the trial.

I didn’t need to watch the trial. All I needed to see was a jackass putting his knee on another man’s neck for 10 minutes and twenty seconds. Knee continued to be on his neck even after the EMT’s got there. However, I did see a good portion of the trial. What I saw confirms what I thought at the time, another black man was lynched at the hands of the police. This ain’t nothin’ new. This and others just happened to be captured on video with today’s technologies. This stuff have been happening to black folks for 4 centuries in America.

Did you watch the trial.
Yes, most of it and it was obviously clear that this case was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt and it’s not close. Regardless of what your opinion is based on the video and the liberal media hot takes, it was not clear based on the evidence.

• Haha
Reactions: PUBV
Seems to be more speculation that Chauvin will be acquitted in the death of Floyd.
For our liberal, left, Democrat friends, what should be the public response, if any to an acquittal?

Are you OK with protesters attacking the police, looting, burning, or otherwise, non-peaceful demonstrations?
No worries

doubt it but they certainly talked to family members and friends
Usually in high profile cases like this, they are specifically ordered to not discuss the case with anybody, including family.

Now I'm not naïve enough to believe that there wasn't ANY discussion with friends / family, but supposedly, if they did things right, the jurors would be completely isolated to the point where they would even give up their phones and not even be able to discuss things with their fellow jurors outside of the court room (ie. they would eat their meals separately, etc.). I don't know if that strict of a regimen was followed in this case, but it wouldn't surprise me if most if not all of the jurors had no clue what Waters / other talking heads were spouting off about over the last few days.

I cant imagine there is anyone who thinks Chauvin was innocent..........However, ever wonder why race as a motive was NOT used by the prosecutor in the Chauvin case, NEVER was even mentioned once.......yet, you do?

Reactions: purduepat1969
I cant imagine there is anyone who thinks Chauvin was innocent..........However, ever wonder why race as a motive was NOT used by the prosecutor in the Chauvin case, NEVER was even mentioned once.......yet, you do?
I wouldn’t say he’s innocent but the prosecution sure as hell didn’t meet their burden of proof from what I saw. He had fatal levels of fentanyl in his system so no one, even the pathologists, could not completely rule out it didn’t contribute to his death. And if there is any chance it did, that’s a reasonable doubt, which contradicts a conviction of “beyond a reasonable doubt”. They may have proven a preponderance of the evidence, but from what I watched, even that was questionable. But let’s be honest, he was convicted before ever stepping foot into that courtroom and we all know it. The court of public opinion is now what dictates innocence/guilt in this country.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say he’s innocent but the prosecution sure as hell didn’t meet their burden of proof from what I saw. He had fatal levels of fentanyl in his system so no one, even the pathologists, could not completely rule out it didn’t contribute to his death. And if there is any chance it did, that’s a reasonable doubt, which contradicts a conviction of “beyond a reasonable doubt”. They may have proven a preponderance of the evidence, but from what I watched, even that was questionable. But let’s be honest, he was convicted before ever stepping foot into that courtroom and we all know it. The court of public opinion is now what dictates innocence/guilt in this country.
To me, it’s obvious that Chauvin was the cause of death:

Floyd alive.
Chauvin kneels on his neck for 10 minutes.
Floyd not alive.

The only argument I could see maybe working
for Chauvin would be that he was trained to use that procedure.

To me, it’s obvious that Chauvin was the cause of death:

Floyd alive.
Chauvin kneels on his neck for 10 minutes.
Floyd not alive.

The only argument I could see maybe working
for Chauvin would be that he was trained to use that procedure.
So you’re comfortable saying your 100% certain the fentanyl played no part in his death?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT