ADVERTISEMENT

I wish we had a creampuff OOC schedule this year

I think that is a short-term fix that can hurt a program year after year. But, if used correctly, it could have got us bowling this year.

I think that is a short-term fix that can hurt a program year after year. But, if used correctly, it could have got us bowling this year.
we're never going to be in the top 5 of the new conference, so going to a bowl should be the goal. I believe we should always have 1 MAC team on the schedule

This is that JPC mentality. We play in the big ten. If we schedule Indiana state 3 times our schedule would still be harder than the average ACC team.

Here’s a question. Would you ask any coach since young to do what joe tiller couldn’t do?

next year's schedule will probably be our easiest schedule in the next 10 years. the BIG 10 is talking about adding two more teams. and the BIG 10 is not looking to add easy to beat teams. the names thrown out most are teams like Miami, FSU, UNC, Missouri, ND, and other big name powerhouse schools. The BIG 10 had a chance to invite Stanford and Cal and passed. the big 10 had a chance to add Oregon st and Washington St and passed. the next two teams added will be added to generate revenue, and not be just to provide purdue an easy team to beat.

If BOBO is smart, he would follow Minnesota's lead and schedule three easy non-conference opponents and then try to win 3 games against Minn, IU, Illinois and NW.

Once the 4 Pac 12 teams are added, if anybody is talking about strength of schedule, Purdue will be playing plenty of tough teams.

Purdue's fans showed up for the Indiana game, proving you don't really need a tough opponent to sell out the game.

Look at Iowa. they play Iowa st every year, and who knows or cares who their other non-conference games are. they finished 10-2 and will go to a nice bowl game. that should be the future of Purdue rather than to schedule tough opponents for a challenge and to fill the stadium. the fans will come out to see oregon, USC, UCLA, Wash, Mich an OSU. we really don't need to schedule a powerhouse non-conference opponent.

Let's start a rivalry with indiana St. or central michigan. or ball st. or Kansasor UCONN. we need some wins, not additional tough opponents.

next year's schedule will probably be our easiest schedule in the next 10 years. the BIG 10 is talking about adding two more teams. and the BIG 10 is not looking to add easy to beat teams. the names thrown out most are teams like Miami, FSU, UNC, Missouri, ND, and other big name powerhouse schools. The BIG 10 had a chance to invite Stanford and Cal and passed. the big 10 had a chance to add Oregon st and Washington St and passed. the next two teams added will be added to generate revenue, and not be just to provide purdue an easy team to beat.

If BOBO is smart, he would follow Minnesota's lead and schedule three easy non-conference opponents and then try to win 3 games against Minn, IU, Illinois and NW.

Once the 4 Pac 12 teams are added, if anybody is talking about strength of schedule, Purdue will be playing plenty of tough teams.

Purdue's fans showed up for the Indiana game, proving you don't really need a tough opponent to sell out the game.

Look at Iowa. they play Iowa st every year, and who knows or cares who their other non-conference games are. they finished 10-2 and will go to a nice bowl game. that should be the future of Purdue rather than to schedule tough opponents for a challenge and to fill the stadium. the fans will come out to see oregon, USC, UCLA, Wash, Mich an OSU. we really don't need to schedule a powerhouse non-conference opponent.

Let's start a rivalry with indiana St. or central michigan. or ball st. or Kansasor UCONN. we need some wins, not additional tough opponents.
Next years schedule is ridiculous lol. Oregon state probably doesn’t fall into g5 status by then

I agree, wins are going to very difficult to come by. As someone else said above, just getting to a bowl should be the goal. Can’t realistically expect anything more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT