ADVERTISEMENT

How...

Playing in a post Jan1 bowl has to be decent exposure.
Maybe the potential recruits will say to themselves “hey, they need me”

Reactions: Schnelk
It clearly reveals to our coaching staff the significant difference there is in quality of depth. Once Purdue lost our starters/frontline guys, the drop off in talent, strength, athleticism & speed vs. the Michigan’s, OSU’s, LSU’s, etc is extraordinary.
Teams that win consistently and at high levels are not the teams with the best, most talented starters in August/September . . . But the teams that can go 2, 3, Or even 4 deep without significant drop off.
Saban has always said it’s not about his starters in game 1 but the depth to stay good as you get to November.
Unfortunately and realistically, we fall off significantly. That was apparent vs. LSU as they kept big, fast, skilled guys coming (reference playing 4 QB’s).

The answer to your question will be obvious in the amount and quality of portal transfers purdue signs in the upcoming weeks as the game will be fresh in their minds.

The concept of immediate v playing time is usually only an incentive for 2-3 star players who would never see playing time elsewhere. A quality 3-5 star player would expect immediate playing time by beating out the incumbent at the position!

I doubt Purdue impressed any 4 star players enough to just jump and want to come to Purdue!

Sometimes you have to think and realize it’s not the recruits who we were in their top 5 but lost out on. But rather think of how many recruits when they heard the name Purdue had no interest at all as even a possibility!

We’re not losing recruits because of our score. But we sure didn’t generate any interest either. Where is the top QB in the portal going? It’s definitely not Purdue although we could sure use him. He’s rumored to be going to ND. Even Plummer said no.

As I said, look at the quality and the quantity of the portal recruits that sign with Purdue in the next. Therein lies your answer!

It gives all the recruits a good laugh.
I laugh at how many current players that have left the IU program over the last 2 years, and continue to leave, because they don't want to play for a high school coach.

I will say that Penix had a great year for him though this last year. Sorry, that was for Washington, not IU.

Reactions: delarno
I hope that this story is not true. Boutte missed an LSU game earlier this season because his GF was giving birth to his child and he was to be present at the birth. He is the father of a newborn. To be running around so soon after the birth of a child says some very bad things about his character as a father.
My guess is the story is true and what the coach was trying to avoid talking about at his press conference when he first announced boutte would not be participating in the game. And almost immediately after that press conference Boutte announced he decided to turn pro. It seems it’s easier to turn pro than face possible suspension! And the music! I feel vindicated! It would appear there actually were reasons behind boutte not playing and why he surprisingly announced he had decided to turn pro unexpectedly.

The "sex party" thing smells like BS to me. It looks like a rumor from a Texas A&M fan forum. Even so, what do they mean by a "sex party?"

If there wasn't coercion, I'm not sure how you can call young football players having sex while enjoying the nightlife in a much cooler city than Baton Rouge or wherever the hell LSU's campus is a scandal.

The "sex party" thing smells like BS to me. It looks like a rumor from a Texas A&M fan forum. Even so, what do they mean by a "sex party?"

If there wasn't coercion, I'm not sure how you can call young football players having sex while enjoying the nightlife in a much cooler city than Baton Rouge or wherever the hell LSU's campus is a scandal.
I believe it's an ongoing activity. But it could be Boute decided to trun pro rather than be suspended.

I hope that this story is not true. Boutte missed an LSU game earlier this season because his GF was giving birth to his child and he was to be present at the birth. He is the father of a newborn. To be running around so soon after the birth of a child says some very bad things about his character as a father.
That article was hardly what I'd call "Everything to know"!

Sounds pretty self-explanatory to me.
it's purely speculative. but if true it would explain a few things. as in the timing of Boutes saying he was returning to school, the coach's press conference where the coach said Boutes wasn't going to play for unspecified reasons, and then after the press confeence Boutes saying he decided to turn pro.

BALL st's Steele decided to go to UCLA. Did Purdue's Bowl game influence his decision. Maybe, maybe not. it sure didn't entice him to come to Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT