ADVERTISEMENT

How has the POTUS's and his task force team's effort been poor?

If Tapper needs someone to explain what is going to be done to get out of this, his network should start by showing those press conferences in whole. Don’t you think that would be a good start?

I just posted a quote from Trump's press conference that was a blatant lie about how airline and train passengers are being tested (or screened). This is not even close to being accurate at all.

Should the President be presenting completely false information during these press conferences?

Reactions: indy35
I just posted a quote from Trump's press conference that was a blatant lie about how airline and train passengers are being tested (or screened). This is not even close to being accurate at all.

Should the President be presenting completely false information during these press conferences?
Good for you on posting a quote. Does that have anything to do with CNN not showing the press conferences in their entirety? As mentioned, that would be a good start if Fake Tapper is whining about direction.

Good for you on posting a quote. Does that have anything to do with CNN not showing the press conferences in their entirety? As mentioned, that would be a good start if Fake Tapper is whining about direction.
Jake Tapper wasn't "whining" about anything. Just looking for a straightforward answer to a softball question with which a President of the United States should have no trouble.

Can you provide a link that proves your charges of lying?

I agree the difference between Fox and others is STARK. but I am on the other side on this one. I have watched a a little of both to get each program's views on the target. Bottom line, Fox was extremely late in warning people.

I would rather follow those that first warned about it, than one claiming the flu was more dangerous and only giving a spin favorable to the President. I want the truth and facts for me to evaluate myself. They did a significant disservice to their viewers. The areas of the country that watch Fox still think it's no worse than the flu, don't want to shelter in place, etc... - they are about to get a major surprise, when their kids come back from Florida, Mardi Gras, etc.. Mine were warned and cancelled their plans. 1 wk after they cancelled, the infections in the South took off. That's a critically important difference - 1 kept them safe.
Umm, no. All the others did the exact same thing. Including media like The Washington Post. They all were saying the travel bans were racist and unnecessary. One article was saying that there's no fear to travel to China. Those news organizations had people on saying this was no worse than the flu. Etc. They all were doing it.

I didn't say they were perfect. They're much better than CNN MSNBC etc etc. All they do is twist the truth or don't even tell you the truth. They ignore the true story most of the time to bring you anything negative possible.
Don't know what to tell you if you can possibly believe that Fox is better than those others. That's utterly delusional.

Umm, no it isn't. At least not in reference to the coverage of this pandemic.
I'd recommend doing some serious research after watching a Fox story. They are a propaganda network, not interested in the truth. They exist solely to carry water for the Republican Party.

I'd recommend doing some serious research after watching a Fox story. They are a propaganda network, not interested in the truth. They exist solely to carry water for the Republican Party.
And CNN, MSNBC and others don't do the same for the Dems??? Seriously? Like when they gave Hillary the questions before hand before a debate. You can't be that naive. I'd argue those others are much worse in fact. At least Fox will call people out on the right if they do something wrong. Like those Senators that sold millions in stocks just before this all hit and then went on TV and told everyone that everything is fine.

You sound like you don't even watch Fox at all, but believe everything that people say about it.

And CNN, MSNBC and others don't do the same for the Dems??? Seriously? Like when they gave Hillary the questions before hand before a debate. You can't be that naive. I'd argue those others are much worse in fact. At least Fox will call people out on the right if they do something wrong. Like those Senators that sold millions in stocks just before this all hit and then went on TV and told everyone that everything is fine.
Don't forget about Russia! Russia! Russia! CNN and MSNBC nailed that for three years.

Carlson ripped Loeffler up and down on Friday night by the way. She's terrible.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

You sound like you don't even watch Fox at all, but believe everything that people say about it.
Those senators are not Trump or Fox favorites. He wants Collins in Georgia and Burr has never been a trump cheerleader. Trump didn't like that his Intel committee was bipartisan.

Try again. Tell me how Hannity and Laura didn't change their approach to the virus on the exact same timeline as Trump.

FCS, Hannity and Tucker speak to Trump regularly......as does Dobbs. Trump does interviews on the network every other week. I know you'll say that's because of the fake news media...........but that doesn't CHANGE the fact that FOX is a mouthpiece for trump.

Oh, but it is Indy. Closest thing to fair, balanced, and honest in the industry.
If that was even remotely true, you wouldn’t post as much stuff that’s completely delusional and wrong. If you were getting factual information, you’d do a better job posting.

And don't you forget it, Twin. Shape up.

LMAO. This came across my FB page earlier today and I thought "Which one is Indy"

87893470_2903290779717897_2020374348572917760_n.jpg

Reactions: boilerjohn and M51
Those senators are not Trump or Fox favorites. He wants Collins in Georgia and Burr has never been a trump cheerleader. Trump didn't like that his Intel committee was bipartisan.

Try again. Tell me how Hannity and Laura didn't change their approach to the virus on the exact same timeline as Trump.

FCS, Hannity and Tucker speak to Trump regularly......as does Dobbs. Trump does interviews on the network every other week. I know you'll say that's because of the fake news media...........but that doesn't CHANGE the fact that FOX is a mouthpiece for trump.
Again, CNN MSNBC etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc did all the same for Obama. Difference between Fox and those others is that at least Fox lets you know that Hannity and many of it's other hosts ARE opinion pieces. CNN and the others try to claim they are unbiased news, which they obviously aren't. HUGE difference.

There are some on Fox that aren't opinion hosts and try to be balanced. Not so much on the other channels.

Difference between Fox and those others is that at least Fox lets you know that Hannity and many of it's other hosts ARE opinion pieces. CNN and the others try to claim they are unbiased news, which they obviously aren't. HUGE difference.

wow.

Somehow you want to convince us that Fox news are the ones admitting their biases upfront and that others aren't.

Then why the heck is their marketing slogan "fair and balanced". like literally!

wow.

Somehow you want to convince us that Fox news are the ones admitting their biases upfront and that others aren't.

Then why the heck is their marketing slogan "fair and balanced". like literally!
Because they do a better job of it than the others. (Note I said better, not they are) Go to Foxnews.com and click on opinion and you will see "opinion clips". Video clips with Ingram, Hannity, Tucker and Gutfeld (whom I cannot stand) are in this section. Got to CNN.com and click on opinion and there is NOTHING referencing any of their hosts.

MSNBC doesn't even have an opinion section on their website.

Because they do a better job of it than the others. (Note I said better, not they are) Go to Foxnews.com and click on opinion and you will see "opinion clips". Video clips with Ingram, Hannity, Tucker and Gutfeld (whom I cannot stand) are in this section. Got to CNN.com and click on opinion and there is NOTHING referencing any of their hosts.

MSNBC doesn't even have an opinion section on their website.
So........when Americans watch Hannity they say to themselves,"I realize this is just an opinion and therefore I'm going to take his words with a grain of salt."

It doesn't matter how it's listed on a website, the results are the same.

I watch Cuomo and Brian Williams every night......and occasionally Anderson Cooper. They do point out inconsistencies from the left. They do point out times this admin is being unfairly criticized. Before Cuomo was relegated to his basement with Covid, he did a segment every night with a pub and a Dem talking about the issues.
Obviously they don't spend hours defending Trump and the pubs but you guys act like they take the left lane all day everyday. That's just not true.

What they don't do is add adjectives and adverbs to every criticism or use trump like names to describe Dems. Hannity talks just like trump........do nothing Democrats and sleepy Joe and all kinds of other attacks. It's a barrage of negativity.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps...28?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/OfBY3ZUF89

But sometime in the last three weeks Mr. Trump seems to have concluded that the briefings could be a showcase for him. Perhaps they substitute in his mind for the campaign rallies he can no longer hold because of the risks. Perhaps he resented the media adulation that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been receiving for his daily show. Whatever the reason, the briefings are now all about the President.

Voters will be persuaded by what they see in their lives and communities come the autumn. They will judge Mr. Trump by the results, not by how well he says he did.

act like they take the left lane all day everyday. That's just not true.
Here's a test for you on CNN'S left lane coverage:

1) Count the number of negative comments toward Andrew Cuomo by CNN?
2) Count the number of negative comments toward President Trump by CNN?

Any fair minded individual would understand they both faced excruciatingly difficult decisions in real time. Any fair minded individual would understand with the benefit of hindsight both made some mistakes.

Over the last couple weeks, I haven't seen a single criticism of Cuomo on CNN. There are clips available of both Deblasio and Cuomo downplaying the virus. They don't show those over and over and over like they do with Trump. In fact they don't show a single clip now that makes Cuomo look bad.

Btw this left lane coverage isn't limited to Cooper, Lemon, Cuomo. Its ingrained in their daytime hosts as well.

Any fair minded individual would understand they both faced excruciatingly difficult decisions in real time. Any fair minded individual would understand with the benefit of hindsight both made some mistakes.

Over the last couple weeks, I haven't seen a single criticism of Cuomo on CNN. There are clips available of both Deblasio and Cuomo downplaying the issue. They don't show those over and over and over like they do with Trump. In fact they don't show a single clip now that makes Cuomo look bad.

Btw this left lane coverage isn't limited to Cooper, Lemon, Cuomo. Its ingrained in their daytime hosts as well.
Exactly. The issue with CNN, MSNBC et all is that a lot of times it isn't about what they are telling you. It's about what they AREN'T telling you. Same can be said about Fox, but again, they are much better at being balanced than the others.

Another example is how they cover sexual assault allegations. Just look at how Christine Blasey Ford was all over the news even though there was zero evidence to back her story. How many times have you heard about Tara Reade and her story?

Or, Russia, Russia, Russia for TWO YEARS and zero evidence. Talk about it, fine, Fox did. However there were soooo many times on CNN and others, including Fox, when they had a "bombshell" piece of evidence. Majority of it was CNN and MSNBC though.

Last edited:
Exactly. The issue with CNN, MSNBC et all is that a lot of times it isn't about what they are telling you. It's about what they AREN'T telling you. Same can be said about Fox, but again, they are much better at being balanced than the others.

Another example is how they cover sexual assault allegations. Just look at how Christine Blasey Ford was all over the news even though there was zero evidence to back her story. How many times have you heard about Tara Reade and her story?

Or, Russia, Russia, Russia for TWO YEARS and zero evidence. Talk about it, fine, Fox did. However there were soooo many times on CNN when they had a "bombshell" piece of evidence.

I really don't have a problem with MSNBC providing 24/7 coverage that is heavily slanted towards liberal/progressive agenda.

I really don't have a problem with Fox providing 24/7 coverage that is heavily slanted towards conservative agenda.

My problem is with CNN. They try to portray their coverage as "straight news". In actuality in some regards they are farther left than MSNBC.

Over the last couple weeks, I haven't seen a single criticism of Cuomo on CNN. There are clips available of both Deblasio and Cuomo downplaying the virus. They don't show those over and over and over like they do with Trump. In fact they don't show a single clip now that makes Cuomo look bad.

They can’t say anything partially good about Trump as their boss Jeff Zucker would fire them. It’s just not going to happen as CNN only supports the democratic narrative. Equal and fair reporting will not happen under Zuckers watch.

Same can be said about Fox, but again, they are much better at being balanced than the others.
what?!!!! so you are willing to believe that some newsmedia are biased, but not your dear Fox.

here's my own personal opinion (and I am not an expert). CNN back in the days used to be more neutral (perhaps with a slight natural liberal bent). The emergence of Fox News business model (and MSNBC to a smaller extent) with their clear and obvious partisan lean, made being neutral not as financially profitable. CNN wasn't going to be left behind.
Facts have a liberal bias (at least in America). Also, on average, Newsmedia workers lean left. So even newsmedia who genuinely try to be neutral will inevitably appear to lean left. That said, likely for economic reasons, CNN in recent years has stopped trying to be neutral.

And any fair-minded individual would understand the enormous difference in temperament and the amount of self-congratulatory rhetoric between Trump and Cuomo, as well....

Reactions: Biggie357
They can’t say anything partially good about Trump as their boss Jeff Zucker would fire them. It’s just not going to happen as CNN only supports the democratic narrative. Equal and fair reporting will not happen under Zuckers watch.
It would be more than interesting to read your examples of Mr. Zucker's penchant for FIRING CNN on-air talent for pro-Trump statements.....
Can you be of help, here ?
(remember: FIRING for " partially good" commentary about the President)

what?!!!! so you are willing to believe that some newsmedia are biased, but not your dear Fox.

here's my own personal opinion (and I am not an expert). CNN back in the days used to be more neutral (perhaps with a slight natural liberal bent). The emergence of Fox News business model (and MSNBC to a smaller extent) with their clear and obvious partisan lean, made being neutral not as financially profitable. CNN wasn't going to be left behind.
Facts have a liberal bias (at least in America). Also, on average, Newsmedia workers lean left. So even newsmedia who genuinely try to be neutral will inevitably appear to lean left. That said, likely for economic reasons, CNN in recent years has stopped trying to be neutral.
That is literally not what I said at all. Please re-read. I said Fox is biased too, but they are better at showing both sides. Like I said, better, not perfect or even good for that matter.

Please explain the comment that facts have a liberal bias. I don't see how that can be true at all, but perhaps you can explain in a way that make sense.

MOST news media workers lean left because all of their professors were hard Liberal and taught them to think that way. I know someone that works for CNN. They grew up with Liberal parents. Through their experiences in media, they have become Republican. They keep quiet about their beliefs though at CNN for fear of losing their job. Doesn't exactly support the theory that truth has a Liberal bent.

Last edited:
1) My biggest complaint is speed of implementation and recognition of the threat. That delay is/was foolish.

2) The pure lack of understanding of exponential math will cost us tens of thousands (likely hundreds of thousands of lives). (eg we're at 15 cases and we'll soon be at zero)

3) The fact that we didn't accept tests from the WHO as a bridge left us exposed and vulnerable with no ability to track emerging hot spots and contain.

4) The loss of time to review our strategic stockpiles, acquire supplies (masks/ventilators/etc) put us way behind. That ended up with a situation where 50 governors and the federal government were all bidding against themselves to acquire the necessary supplies.

5) Lack of consistent messaging from the very top. We're quarantine 3 states, hours later we're not. We're opening up the country on Easter, now we're not. This will all just go away, now we're in a war. We're in a war, now we can't let the cure be worst than the virus.

That's a good overview to start with.

Number 1) he was called racist by the left(I know, imagine that) for the early China travel restriction. How bad would it have been if he hadn’t done that

If you believe these CNN employees go against Zuckers hatred for Trump and still have a job that’s on
https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/14/cnn-media-coordinator-zucker-hates-trump-personal-vendetta/
Let me help you with something:
The James O'Keefe/Project Veritas story has already made the rounds for years, regarding the the dislike Jeff Zucker has for Trump....WHICH IS MUTUAL !
That old story DOES NOT, in any way, confirm the claim made by another poster, that CNN fires employees who - in that poster's words - have "partially good " commentary about Trump.
So if you'd like to join the hunt for demonstrable evidence of CNN employees being fired for that...feel free !

I feel just fine.

If we disagree with the status quo, what would you like us to do......just learn to like or accept it?

Bob, seriously, have you changed anyone's mind? Have you altered your perceived image of Trump? Do you really believe the constant rants by Never Trumper's are doing one bit of good for anyone? I'm not changing your mind and you're not going to change mine.

I told you that I supported Rick Perry....but then my choice became DJT or HRC. Which led to not much of a choice at all. But I've come to like Trump because he's not a Pelosi, or a Mitch or a Chuckie or Schiff. He really wants to drain the swamp.

And personally again, I can look past his sometimes asinine tweets.

We can't do anything about it Bob. It's another beautiful day...bit chilly and a bit windy...but a beautiful day. Enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT