ADVERTISEMENT

How has the POTUS's and his task force team's effort been poor?

I really don't have a problem with MSNBC providing 24/7 coverage that is heavily slanted towards liberal/progressive agenda.

I really don't have a problem with Fox providing 24/7 coverage that is heavily slanted towards conservative agenda.

My problem is with CNN. They try to portray their coverage as "straight news". In actuality in some regards they are farther left than MSNBC.
Straight news? Do they say that? Please show me where they portray themselves as news more than other networks.
I think FOX has stopped their "fair and balanced" promo. I assume you had a problem with that.

Fox News

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World

CNN.com

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

Those are what come up on Google. No difference here.

If there's anyone that can ignore all evidence and dig in their heels no matter what, it's Twin and those like him. Their reality is a carefully constructed fantasy maintained by daily doses of fake news.

Reactions: doubleyous
And any fair-minded individual would understand the enormous difference in temperament and the amount of self-congratulatory rhetoric between Trump and Cuomo, as well....
Agree. I think it's fair to say in the temperament category Cuomo has been much better. But that doesn't explain nearly 100% negative coverage of Trump on CNN....and absolutely 100% positive coverage on Cuomo. That is explained by CNN's liberal agenda. Same way Fox has a conservative agenda. And there is zero analysis on CNN of Cuomo's actions that could've been better (with the benefit of hindsight).

There has also been very little reporting on the biggest issues. Andrew Cuomo isn't the primary reason NYC has been hard hit. Donald Trump isn't the primary reason for why the U.S. has been hit hard. The primary reasons go back decades of decision making by both political parties, decisions by hospital administrators going back decades, decisions made by multinational U.S. corporations going back decades. And the biggest issue is that the entire world hasn't gone through a pandemic like this one in over 100 years. The fact that 180 countries are dealing with this makes it an incredibly complicated situation.

Let me help you with something:
The James O'Keefe/Project Veritas story has already made the rounds for years, regarding the the dislike Jeff Zucker has for Trump....WHICH IS MUTUAL !
That old story DOES NOT, in any way, confirm the claim made by another poster, that CNN fires employees who - in that poster's words - have "partially good " commentary about Trump.
So if you'd like to join the hunt for demonstrable evidence of CNN employees being fired for that...feel free !
If you defy your boss and expect to remain employed then so be it your opinion. I highly doubt it. I you want to continue to argue, I am done.

If you defy your boss and expect to remain employed then so be it your opinion. I highly doubt it. I you want to continue to argue, I am done.
No need to continue. You lost the "argument" the second you posted it at 12:16.

No need to continue. You lost the "argument" the second you posted it at 12:16.
Well if that’s your feel good moment for the day good for you. Please continue being argumentative with the other posters to gain further self gratification.

Bob, seriously, have you changed anyone's mind? Have you altered your perceived image of Trump? Do you really believe the constant rants by Never Trumper's are doing one bit of good for anyone? I'm not changing your mind and you're not going to change mine.

I told you that I supported Rick Perry....but then my choice became DJT or HRC. Which led to not much of a choice at all. But I've come to like Trump because he's not a Pelosi, or a Mitch or a Chuckie or Schiff. He really wants to drain the swamp.

And personally again, I can look past his sometimes asinine tweets.

We can't do anything about it Bob. It's another beautiful day...bit chilly and a bit windy...but a beautiful day. Enjoy it.
I don't know if they're changing any minds but I know Trump is. My brother who is a pretty busy guy and dosent really have time to follow politics that much, (except what he sees on facebook)voted for him and from our talks I gathered he was planning on voting for him again. His life has slowed down quite a bit since this virus canceled all extracurricular activities. He out of the blue sent me a supercut video of Trumps denials about the virus. This has never happend before so I was pretty confused by this. So I gave him a call, he proceeds to tell me he has been watching the virus press breifings and a lot of videos of him speaking and came to the realization that Trump is not who he thought he was. This shocked me. I would have never guessed my brother would no longer trust him and tell me he'd vote for a ham sandwich before he ever vote for Trump again. People are starting to see who he really is imho.

Bob, seriously, have you changed anyone's mind? Have you altered your perceived image of Trump? Do you really believe the constant rants by Never Trumper's are doing one bit of good for anyone? I'm not changing your mind and you're not going to change mine.

I told you that I supported Rick Perry....but then my choice became DJT or HRC. Which led to not much of a choice at all. But I've come to like Trump because he's not a Pelosi, or a Mitch or a Chuckie or Schiff. He really wants to drain the swamp.

And personally again, I can look past his sometimes asinine tweets.

We can't do anything about it Bob. It's another beautiful day...bit chilly and a bit windy...but a beautiful day. Enjoy it.
You always tell me and others to go enjoy the day and relax........and the next time I come here I see a thread from you with a meme about Biden or you're calling dems cute names or you're trashing libs as you play the trump victim card. Are you bipolar or just a hypocrite?

Believe it or not I say the same things at work and in my social life as I say here. I doubt I'm changing many minds, certainly none here, but there are people in my life who have changed their minds in a similar way to the story @Biggie357 shared. I've had conversations with them, don't know how much effect I've had. My opinion is Trump's words and actions were the root cause.

Apparently unlike you, I believe each of us can do something about the political direction of the country........and it starts with one person.

To be honest, it doesn't matter in the end. I would feel like a bum if I didn't speak out against something I believe down to my core is wrong. It makes me feel better........just like when I give money to care for orphaned elephants in Africa or volunteer at the animal shelter.

Once again I'll point out that trump's tweets show us WHO HE REALLY IS. They show his true character. Unfiltered. So when you people say you dont like his tweets you are saying you don't like him........other than his "results". Disliking his tweets gives your psyche an out. You know he's a horrible human being.......you just don't have to say it.

You always tell me and others to go enjoy the day and relax........and the next time I come here I see a thread from you with a meme about Biden or you're calling dems cute names or you're trashing libs as you play the trump victim card. Are you bipolar or just a hypocrite?

Believe it or not I say the same things at work and in my social life as I say here. I doubt I'm changing many minds, certainly none here, but there are people in my life who have changed their minds in a similar way to the story @Biggie357 shared. I've had conversations with them, don't know how much effect I've had. My opinion is Trump's words and actions were the root cause.

Apparently unlike you, I believe each of us can do something about the political direction of the country........and it starts with one person.

To be honest, it doesn't matter in the end. I would feel like a bum if I didn't speak out against something I believe down to my core is wrong. It makes me feel better........just like when I give money to care for orphaned elephants in Africa or volunteer at the animal shelter.

Once again I'll point out that trump's tweets show us WHO HE REALLY IS. They show his true character. Unfiltered. So when you people say you dont like his tweets you are saying you don't like him........other than his "results". Disliking his tweets gives your psyche an out. You know he's a horrible human being.......you just don't have to say it.
At least we agree about the animal shelter. One good thing about the virus is more animals are being adopted, but I have a huge concern for them when life returns to "normal".

f
I don't know if they're changing any minds but I know Trump is. My brother who is a pretty busy guy and dosent really have time to follow politics that much, (except what he sees on facebook)voted for him and from our talks I gathered he was planning on voting for him again. His life has slowed down quite a bit since this virus canceled all extracurricular activities. He out of the blue sent me a supercut video of Trumps denials about the virus. This has never happend before so I was pretty confused by this. So I gave him a call, he proceeds to tell me he has been watching the virus press breifings and a lot of videos of him speaking and came to the realization that Trump is not who he thought he was. This shocked me. I would have never guessed my brother would no longer trust him and tell me he'd vote for a ham sandwich before he ever vote for Trump again. People are starting to see who he really is imho.
Folks say a lot of things Biggie. Just like during an election, signs don't vote. I know several Dem's who voted for Hillary and Obama who now say they're voting Trump. A lot of folks believe he's done a good job handling it. Some don't.

My guess...it's about the virus and about the economy. Virus clears and folks go back to work, it's going to be another nail biter. I just can't see anyone voting for Ol' Slow Joe, even with Harris as his running mate.

I would have never guessed my brother would no longer trust him and tell me he'd vote for a ham sandwich before he ever vote for Trump again. People are starting to see who he really is imho.

That's all fine and good as long as one is good with the democratic agenda. Dramatic increase in corporate tax rate, more regulations, less drilling, less focus on border control etc etc.

If that's what one wants by all means vote for that ham sandwich.

That's all fine and good as long as one is good with the democratic agenda. Dramatic increase in corporate tax rate, more regulations, less drilling, less focus on border control etc etc.

Better paying jobs, better access to healthcare, better schools, protecting the environment, protecting voting and civil rights, investing in technology/science for the future instead of relying on coal and oil, stronger safety net for when the worst in life happens it doesn’t have to completely destroy someone. Using the military in justified circumstances, actually caring about military education and healthcare, not just how much money defense contractors get. Fighting discrimination instead of embracing it.
Yeah I think there’s a lot of people that are all good with the Democratic agenda.

Reactions: Biggie357

I’m all for a good ham sandwich.

f
Folks say a lot of things Biggie. Just like during an election, signs don't vote. I know several Dem's who voted for Hillary and Obama who now say they're voting Trump. A lot of folks believe he's done a good job handling it. Some don't.

My guess...it's about the virus and about the economy. Virus clears and folks go back to work, it's going to be another nail biter. I just can't see anyone voting for Ol' Slow Joe, even with Harris as his running mate.
All you have to do is pay attention and you’ll see the job he’s doing.

Well if that’s your feel good moment for the day good for you. Please continue being argumentative with the other posters to gain further self gratification.
This is THE last place on the face of the earth that I would be looking for "self-gratification", as you put it.
God help anybody who does.

Reactions: Biggie357
f

So you can't see "ANYBODY" voting for former Senator and Vice-President Biden ??

He'll get over 60 MILLION votes...maybe over 70.
Maybe you haven't been looking hard enough to find his voters.
(Hey ! Where's guarantee #159 regarding Trump's mortal lock 2020 victory ?)

Not sure what is hard to understand. Suicides, drug addictions, people not getting regular physicals or missing dr's appointments, increase in poverty numbers, transplants have been delayed, lab research on some other diseases probably gets put on hold. Isolation of elderly people, unemployment increase..

All this stuff adds up, the longer people are required to stay at home.

Not sure what is hard to understand. Suicides, drug addictions, people not getting regular physicals or missing dr's appointments, increase in poverty numbers, transplants have been delayed, lab research on some other diseases probably gets put on hold. Isolation of elderly people, unemployment increase..

All this stuff adds up, the longer people are required to stay at home.
Lol. Only one of the things on your list leads directly to DEATH. All the others also happen when people stay home OR go to work.

You want to compare the risk of death from missing a physical to the other ways of dying resulting from people going back to work? Like maybe car accidents or murders or robberies or workplace accidents? Or that pesky reason everybody is staying home for in the first place........dying from a highly communicable virus? Always amazes me the lengths you people will go to justify a half witted Trump remark........a clumsy attempt to validate a reopening of the economy which may very well be premature and against the advice of his experts.......not to mention out of his control.

Reactions: indy35
Lol. Only one of the things on your list leads directly to DEATH. All the others also happen when people stay home OR go to work.

You want to compare the risk of death from missing a physical to the other ways of dying resulting from people going back to work? Like maybe car accidents or murders or robberies or workplace accidents? Or that pesky reason everybody is staying home for in the first place........dying from a highly communicable virus? Always amazes me the lengths you people will go to justify a half witted Trump remark........a clumsy attempt to validate a reopening of the economy which may very well be premature and against the advice of his experts.......not to mention out of his control.

I advise you talk to someone who works in mental health, and the other areas I listed. The stuff I posted isn't even debatable.

Yes suicides and drug addictions etc do still happen in good economic times. It's the increase if this goes on too long, that everyone should be worried about.

This isn't a partisan issue.

I advise you talk to someone who works in mental health, and the other areas I listed. The stuff I posted isn't even debatable.

Yes suicides and drug addictions etc do still happen in good economic times. It's the increase if this goes on too long, that everyone should be worried about.

This isn't a partisan issue.

Not debatable? Says you.

I'd advise you to do some MATH.

Reactions: doubleyous
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT