ADVERTISEMENT

Houston we have a problem

Again, you quote that harbor of fairness, the NY Times.

You know, Trump isn't doing away with clean air, and he's not doing away with clean water. His platform when running in '16 and now are the same. That he want's all of that. Obama's pandering to his left went way too far, and it's a correction that most would have made, based on the FACT Obama wanted and implemented more and more government control. Trump is returning most to the states, and their rights to govern as THEIR citizens want.
"The right to govern (States) as their citizens want "....
Sure.
I wonder how the "citizens" of Kentucky, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana..... would have exercised their RIGHTS to govern with the continuation of SEGREGATION, in their States....following the Federal Laws that were enacted in 1964 and 1965.

Don't even THINK of trying to convince this board that you supported de-segregation legislation of the 60's, in the South.
We know better.
We damn well know better.

(Obama's "pandering" on environmental protection measures ? Twinism # 268 )

Sure.
I wonder how the "citizens" of Kentucky, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana..... would have exercised their RIGHTS to govern with the continuation of SEGREGATION, in their States....following the Federal Laws that were enacted in 1964 and 1965.

Don't even THINK of trying to convince this board that you supported de-segregation legislation of the 60's, in the South.
We know better.

You don't have a f-ing clue Dub's. You're still tossing shit on the wall and hoping some of it sticks. We're talking about one thing, and you attempt to bring in the old and tired racial bull shit just like your alter ego, Indy.

You don't have a f-ing clue Dub's. You're still tossing shit on the wall and hoping some of it sticks. We're talking about one thing, and you attempt to bring in the old and tired racial bull shit just like your alter ego, Indy.
YOU, Sir, are the one who JUST brought up the concept of "States Rights ", am I right ??
"The right to govern (States) as their citizens want".
YOUR words. On your screen. YOURS !!
Making YOUR point that this country's environmental policy should be at the discretion of each state, as you stated, here, LESS THAN AN HOUR AGO !!
The Federal Government has the right, through both the Executive and Legislative Branches...to do this.
Just as the Federal government had the right to do away with segregation, in the 60's. Think of it as an object lesson as to the powers invested in the FEDERAL government.
Now, this wouldn't be lost on a 7th-grader, but, once again, we're dealing with Twin. So it becomes necessary. Not to others. Just you. And try once to leave "indy" out of it.

YOU, Sir, are the one who JUST brought up the concept of "States Rights ", am I right ??
"The right to govern (States) as their citizens want".
YOUR words. On your screen. YOURS !!
Making YOUR point that this country's environmental policy should be at the discretion of each state, as you stated, here, LESS THAN AN HOUR AGO !!
The Federal Government has the right, through both the Executive and Legislative Branches...to do this.
Just as the Federal government had the right to do away with segregation, in the 60's. Think of it as an object lesson as to the powers invested in the FEDERAL government.
Now, this wouldn't be lost on a 7th-grader, but, once again, we're dealing with Twin. So it becomes necessary. Not to others. Just you. And try once to leave "indy" out of it.
You are.....INDY.

So that week is supposed to have more of an effect on the voters than months and months of campaigning by all the other candidates? Because Bernie wasn't there for a week you think his supporters should have switched to Biden, almost a polar opposite on the issues?

He was the leader in one poll, he was 4th in another. Polls now matter to you?

I dont know what the results are yet, neither do you. If he finishes 4th, it isn't good for him.

I know you guys will be bashing Biden from now until the nomination and begging for Bernie. At least use intelligent arguments, your slip is showing.

If being there doesn't matter, in your mind, why did all of them try to spend so much time there? Pete used his time well and finished first. I suspect that the people of Iowa watched Biden bumble & fumble around and decided that it was time for him to retire. The extra time to interact with the people, probably worked to his detriment. I'll be surprised if Biden makes it to Super Tuesday.

I would be happy if Biden were the nominee. In fact, i don't see any of the candidates that pose a threat to Trump. You can delude yourself as much as you want, but Trump has the economy humming and he's followed through on most of his promises, in spite of the resistance. The Dems need 90% of the Black population to support their candidate to win and I'll be surprised if they aren't at least 10% short of what they need. It will be fun to watch.

I also expect Schiff/Nadler & Pelosi to generate another scandal or two, since all they've done is throw mud for three years+. They can't help themselves...

When your point is that a review into a presidential election decided by 500 votes is because "the dems didn't like the results".........as opposed to being the responsible thing for a government to do...........its hard to see how that ridiculous position doesn't come from hate, along with every other post you make here.

So you don't hate the dems, you just think they're incompetent. Why is it that you get to have a reason for your beliefs but, according to you, mine are based on some BS disease? You mean I don't hate Trump because he's a lying, morally reprehensible, unqualified, angry narcissist........its really what you think it is? Could it be that you're just an arrogant POS that refuses to believe Trump opponents can think for themselves? Why don't you have the stones to SAY IT? Is this made up disease just a tool you use to avoid admitting the emperor wears no clothes?

Because HATE is the feeling you have regarding Trump, don't assume that others with opposing views are also motivated by hate. I'll listen to logical explanations given by people with opposing points of view and I have moderated my positions on a few issues over the years, but I need a compelling, logical argument. Arguments offered by Indy 35 and W are akin to listening to Beavis & Butthead. A lot of emotion, rationalization and propaganda is not a logical rational argument.

Recounting the votes in a close race decided by less than 1% of the votes would usually occur, regardless of the party affiliation of the contenders. Where I had the problems with the recount is that the Dems wanted to invalidate all the absentee votes from the military personnel stationed overseas, since they didn't have a postage stamp & date stamp on them like absentee ballots mailed in the states. The Dems know that the bulk of those votes will be for the Republican candidate.

For those of you who don't understand what happens with military mail, it is usually put in a mailbag at base operations by the airfield. Whenever a plane comes through the base that is going to the US, they take the mailbag with them and drop it off in the first airfield that they land at. The mail is then put into the postal system. Since mail from APO & FPO addresses does not require postage stamps, that mail bypasses normal processing and never receives a time/date stamp. Thus virtually all overseas military ballots would be invalidated, which would be a travesty.

I was also skeptical of votes "Found" in Broward County, since they have a long history of Dem Corruption there.

Have you EVER acknowledged that Trump has done anything well in his Presidency or are you afraid that your head will explode, if you do? Every post you generate paints Trump as the second coming of the Devil. That's what makes me believe you have TDS. You don't even attempt to see any balance. I thought that Bill Clinton was a corrupt piece of scum, but I can acknowledge that he was pragmatic enough to work with the Republican Congress to balance the budget and pass some meaningful legislation. Just because I don't like the individual, doesn't mean I can't recognize good things that he's done. On the other hand, I thought Jimmy Carter was a very good person, but totally incompetent as a President. I wasn't a particularly big fan of GHW Bush or GW Bush either. I look at what they get done and decide if I like them after they accomplish something that matters.

I'm a Fiscal Conservative and there are none of my species left to vote for anymore. Overwhelming National Debt will negatively impact out country, before Climate Change ever does.

It's pretty telling that during the Senate trial hearings Schiff addressed these accusations.
He said "There were 17 witnesses that testified during the closed door meeting. The Republicans had every chance to cross examine them during the public hearings."
I guess 35 missed that statement by Schiff. I didn't.

Based on what you wrote, the Republicans were NOT able to interview/cross examine witnesses in the closed hearings, which is what the Republicans had stated. They were also not allowed to call any witnesses, which is my point of contention with 35.
My question to 35 was "Prove that the Republicans were able to call any witnesses". I have not been able to find anything that indicates that there were any witnesses that the Republicans were able to call, but I've seen and heard multiple comments about Schiff not allowing the Reps to call any witnesses.

BoilerMadness and other Trumpians - Do you also just love what he is doing to the environment? I will be glad to list at least 100 things Trump has done to destroy the environment and environmental protection but I am sure you are happy to breathe polluted air, drink polluted water, etc because you are making $$$$ You might want to read about the fall of the Roman Empire and the role of greed. I was not taught to value money above all else as many of you appear to do.

Trump just rolled back some environmental regulations that were way over the top. We all breathe the same air and drink the same water. I doubt that you would find any Republicans that want to breathe polluted air of drink polluted water, but there is a lot of difference between being concerned about our environment and environmental activists that want to virtually eliminate all business and have a vision of living in a pristine Earth devoid of all other people, but them.

Understand, that if you have the audacity to be a Republican, the Left will automatically assume or brand you with being Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Islamophobic, a Despoiler of the Planet and any other ridiculous charge that they think will minimize you. Such is the world we live in. It's not about money, that's misdirection. The Left wants you to believe that ALL Republicans are only interested in money, yet the Dems have two Billionaires trying to buy the Presidency.

The Dems used to proclaim that they were the Champions of the Blue Collar workers. Now they are actually the Champions of the Tech Billionaires. The little people don't have nough money to support them and they only need them at election time. People are starting to figure it out.

Last edited:
Sure.

We know better.

You keep setting new standards for "Dumbest post by W". Keep up the good work. I really find it amusing.

If being there doesn't matter, in your mind, why did all of them try to spend so much time there? Pete used his time well and finished first. I suspect that the people of Iowa watched Biden bumble & fumble around and decided that it was time for him to retire. The extra time to interact with the people, probably worked to his detriment. I'll be surprised if Biden makes it to Super Tuesday.

I would be happy if Biden were the nominee. In fact, i don't see any of the candidates that pose a threat to Trump. You can delude yourself as much as you want, but Trump has the economy humming and he's followed through on most of his promises, in spite of the resistance. The Dems need 90% of the Black population to support their candidate to win and I'll be surprised if they aren't at least 10% short of what they need. It will be fun to watch.

I also expect Schiff/Nadler & Pelosi to generate another scandal or two, since all they've done is throw mud for three years+. They can't help themselves...
Did I say being there doesn't matter?? Read it again. Your point was that since Biden was there without the senators for a week, he should make up all kinds of ground......and it's a reflection on him because he didn't.

But you actually stumbled on the point. The 8 months spent there before the week in question meant a hell of a lot more.

BoilerMadness: "I'm a Fiscal Conservative and there are none of my species left to vote for anymore. Overwhelming National Debt will negatively impact out country, before Climate Change ever does."

I totally agree with you about this

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Did I say being there doesn't matter?? Read it again. Your point was that since Biden was there without the senators for a week, he should make up all kinds of ground......and it's a reflection on him because he didn't.

But you actually stumbled on the point. The 8 months spent there before the week in question meant a hell of a lot more.

I didn't say he should have made up all kinds of ground. I was surprised that he lost ground, while the Senators were missing. Recency bias can be a factor. Usually the last argument you hear is the one that can influence you most, either positively or negatively. Apparently, Biden's impact was more negative than positive. If you've listened to many of his town hall meetings recently, he does make a lot of incoherent comments. That can't help him.

You keep setting new standards for "Dumbest post by W". Keep up the good work. I really find it amusing.
You keep reminding board members that anthropologists have yet to definitively identify the link between ape and man. Your unintelligible , nonsensical prattle doesn't actually qualify as "good work", as you mention.....much less, amusing.

Based on what you wrote, the Republicans were NOT able to interview/cross examine witnesses in the closed hearings, which is what the Republicans had stated. They were also not allowed to call any witnesses, which is my point of contention with 35.
My question to 35 was "Prove that the Republicans were able to call any witnesses". I have not been able to find anything that indicates that there were any witnesses that the Republicans were able to call, but I've seen and heard multiple comments about Schiff not allowing the Reps to call any witnesses.

How many times does it have to get posted for you?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/12/kurt-volker-tim-morrison-and-david-hale-gop-reques/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/read-house-republican-witness-list-for-impeachment-hearings

You can also see the transcripts from the “secret meetings” below. Republicans were allowed to attend, they were able to cross witness. Just in case you wanted to think for yourself instead of going along with what propagandists tell you.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...108-vg7zizboybc3bgsxdnyj32dk7q-htmlstory.html

Can you imagine how stressed out Tom Perez is? He has a group of candidates very few are excited about and the leader of that group isn't even a Democrat but instead a communist. And where to start with Iowa?
C'mon. ATL......you know the rules: Sanders is a communist? Trump is a fascist. Package Deal.

You keep reminding board members that anthropologists have yet to definitively identify the link between ape and man. Your unintelligible , nonsensical prattle doesn't actually qualify as "good work", as you mention.....much less, amusing.

Keep trying. You may accidentally say something clever yet. Highly unlikely, but remotely possible.

How many times does it have to get posted for you?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/12/kurt-volker-tim-morrison-and-david-hale-gop-reques/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/read-house-republican-witness-list-for-impeachment-hearings

You can also see the transcripts from the “secret meetings” below. Republicans were allowed to attend, they were able to cross witness. Just in case you wanted to think for yourself instead of going along with what propagandists tell you.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...108-vg7zizboybc3bgsxdnyj32dk7q-htmlstory.html

As I said, the Reps were NOT able to call witnesses. Schiff restricted them to making a list of witnesses that they'd like to call and Schiff decided, who he would actually call:
"While in traditional hearings, the Minority is permitted the ability to call a witness, the resolution only allows Minority members to suggest a witness list and requires them to provide a "detailed written justification of the relevance of the testimony of each requested witness". The minority Members must identify all potential witnesses we wish to call, without knowing the number, topics or scope of hearings you are about to convene. The Democrats' Impeachment process against President Trump is a drastic departure from bipartisan precedent for presidential impeachment proceedings."

Perhaps you should actually read the links you provide...LOL

As I said, the Reps were NOT able to call witnesses. Schiff restricted them to making a list of witnesses that they'd like to call and Schiff decided, who he would actually call:
"While in traditional hearings, the Minority is permitted the ability to call a witness, the resolution only allows Minority members to suggest a witness list and requires them to provide a "detailed written justification of the relevance of the testimony of each requested witness". The minority Members must identify all potential witnesses we wish to call, without knowing the number, topics or scope of hearings you are about to convene. The Democrats' Impeachment process against President Trump is a drastic departure from bipartisan precedent for presidential impeachment proceedings."

Perhaps you should actually read the links you provide...LOL
Move the goal posts when you’ve been proven completely wrong, hilarious. But they were at least in the meetings right and were able to ask the witnesses questions? You can’t move the goalposts enough to deny those two facts, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT