ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Bowl games, we have a problem. Is there any sol'n?

JHetfield99

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2008
Man who can't wait to watch the Peach Bowl with neither teams best player? Rating will be great.
I'm not sure what if anything CFB can do about this but it is making a ginormous mockery of the supposed prestige of getting to a bowl game and in this case a New Years 6 Bowl game.
Do the bowls, or at least the big ones come up with some BS NIL carve-in that players rated 3rd rd or higher get $500k a piece?

Lots of posters on here claimed the issue with Purdue's bowl was it wasn't important enough to warrant our best players playing. This bowl shows how big the bowl is doesn't matter.

What happens if we dominate a very doable schedule next year, pull an upset in Indy and play in the Rose Bowl? Would O'Connell, Durham, and Wright sit it out?
The Rose has more prestige than other New Years Six Bowls, but so what? If the excuse is "well you could get hurt" (you know like in every practice and in our hopefully back to presumed annual assbeatings of IU), then I guess you just sit out Pasadena.
So are all you fans good paying $250+ per ticket and trip out to Cali to watch a pre-Spring game?

And for those who say the sol'n is an expanded playoff and eliminate the "exhibition" bowls, I think you're crazy if you think just because your game is seeded supposedly 5 vs 12 or 1 vs 8 that will stop players from opting out who have 1st rd NFL money waiting for them. If anything, there will probably be even more people chirping in their ear not to play, since they could risk 3 or 4 playoff games that they may get injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News