ADVERTISEMENT

Happy for former VB player Taylor Trammell

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
I watched the end of the VB match between Minnesota and Penn State last night on BTN and she was a star. She had 16 kills and ZERO errors hitting 0.800 in the 4 sets that led to Penn State beating the Gophers in their own home 3-1.

I was disappointed she entered the portal but could hardly blame her as she saw Raven Colvin ascending to her position. Her interview on BTN after the match was enjoyable. All the best to her other than when she is playing us.

In other news, IU surprisingly took one set from Nebraska. I thought they would probably get swept. IU had ELEVEN blocks compared to Nebraska's two. Impressive. Dave has been warning that IU will be very good this year and one wonders if our years record of IU dominance and long winning streak against them might end this year.

You are a better man than I am Doc. While I don't begrudge Taylors decision to transfer to Penn State, I am generally disappointed in the recent transfer portal/Covid year combination that promotes the building of "super teams" (e.g. Texas in the past, Wisconsin with the transfers from MN/NW, Nebraska getting Florida's best player from last year, etc.). I very much appreciate the approach that Dave takes to building his team, and our future is bright. But with the way that other programs go about building teams, it'll be both a minor miracle and extra sweet if we are able to somehow get to a FF and manage to win it all......

I watched the end of the VB match between Minnesota and Penn State last night on BTN and she was a star. She had 16 kills and ZERO errors hitting 0.800 in the 4 sets that led to Penn State beating the Gophers in their own home 3-1.

I was disappointed she entered the portal but could hardly blame her as she saw Raven Colvin ascending to her position. Her interview on BTN after the match was enjoyable. All the best to her other than when she is playing us.

In other news, IU surprisingly took one set from Nebraska. I thought they would probably get swept. IU had ELEVEN blocks compared to Nebraska's two. Impressive. Dave has been warning that IU will be very good this year and one wonders if our years record of IU dominance and long winning streak against them might end this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT