ADVERTISEMENT

Haley '24

You obviously do not know what racism if you accuse someone of racism when they are the ones bringing it up.

The black Farmers back in the 90s filed law suits to get money that only went to the white farmers. You can call it equity or whatever you want but Obama made the correction.

Since you know so much, why in the so and so are black farmers treated differently from the white farmers? A farmer is a farmer. If you say anything other than racism, then you don't know what you are talking about.
Here are a couple of examples for you to digest.

A job opening is advertised.
Nine equally qualified applicants apply, one is black. So about the % comparison to the Black population %.
All are qualified but a Chinese dude gets the job.
He was determined to have a better understanding of the job requirements during the interview.
The Black man didn't get the job or get called back for a second interview.
You call that racism. It's perceived racism.

Now a Federal job is advertised.
Nine companies apply.
It doesn't matter which company wins the job between 3%-12% of the federal funding payout HAS to go to a
sub-contractor of minority status as determined by the Federal Government.
That's racism and it isn't perceived.

No way did Black Farmers not get Farm payments if they qualified.
I currently own farm ground that I no longer get subsidies for. I lease it out and part of the contract gives the renter 100% of the payments. Others lease their ground and still get the subsidies, it depends on the contract and agreement.
Maybe that got an FHA or similar government loan and their payment goes to pay for their farm?
Maybe they have another financial lien on the payment.
There is no way the Government knows if you are white or black when it doles out farm subsidy checks.
Y'all have to understand that racism is very simple. You, the Boneman, and others like to explain away every claim of racism.

DeSantis whitewashes black history every chance he gets. Banning books. Banning AP African American history classes. That is racist. He is not the only Republican doing so. Red states have been doing this for decades.

African American history is racist by definition.

African American history is racist by definition.
You clearly do not know what racism is. I actually meant African American Studies class. But, so how is African American history racist since they do get into African American history? What is racist about learning about Benjamin Banneker, Garrett Morgan, or Lewis Latimore?

You clearly do not know what racism is. I actually meant African American Studies class. But, so how is African American history racist since they do get into African American history? What is racist about learning about Benjamin Banneker, Garrett Morgan, or Lewis Latimore?

Promotes racism. A focus on race as a separate criteria. But that's what race promoters & race bators want. And people fall for it. You have.

But we will always have racism when we have things like.....

African American history or Black history.....instead of just plain history.

Black scholarships instead of just plain scholarships open for everyone.

NAACP ....instead of just institutions to help all people.

Race based admission to schools instead of admission open to all based on grades, test scores & achievement.

I could go on.......Etc.

ENOUGH. America needs to stop focusing on race! It is the least important component on character & intelligence. It's just NOT Important..... except to racist.

Promotes racism. A focus on race as a separate criteria. But that's what race promoters & race bators want. And people fall for it. You have.

Race based admission to schools instead of admission open to all based on grades, test scores & achievement.

I could go on.......Etc.

ENOUGH. America needs to stop focusing on race! It is the least important component on character & intelligence. It's just NOT Important..... except to racist.
It is quite obvious in your comments that you rarely been around blacks people if at all. If you went to Purdue or any college for that matter, I bet you never went to a black fraternity or black sorority party or event.

Black history in America is or should be American history. However, black a lot of black history is left out of American history classes. That is why there is an emphasis to include black history in history classes. However, the right wingers think that is offensive. They want to change history in order to make them look and feel better about themselves.

The NAACP is an organization that was founded in 1909. The organization was founded in ensure civil rights for all people. To this day, this organization has fought many battles to ensure all people can live in the US without their rights being infringed upon. Even Candace Owens sought the assistance of the NAACP to help her in her housing discrimination law suit.

If you did not have slavery in the US and then Jim Crow laws that did not allow many blacks because of their skin color to enter schools and employment you would not have or need the so-called race base admissions as you call it. The bottom line is that white folks brought that on themselves. I don’t hear white folks complaining about white women gaining access to schools and employment based on gender. Racism does not just go away if you just don’t talk about it.

Therefore, you and other white people would have benefitted greatly by taking some of these African American studies classes.

You, sir have a lot to learn.

I could go on.......Etc.

It is quite obvious in your comments that you rarely been around blacks people if at all. If you went to Purdue or any college for that matter, I bet you never went to a black fraternity or black sorority party or event.

Black history in America is or should be American history. However, black a lot of black history is left out of American history classes. That is why there is an emphasis to include black history in history classes. However, the right wingers think that is offensive. They want to change history in order to make them look and feel better about themselves.

The NAACP is an organization that was founded in 1909. The organization was founded in ensure civil rights for all people. To this day, this organization has fought many battles to ensure all people can live in the US without their rights being infringed upon. Even Candace Owens sought the assistance of the NAACP to help her in her housing discrimination law suit.

If you did not have slavery in the US and then Jim Crow laws that did not allow many blacks because of their skin color to enter schools and employment you would not have or need the so-called race base admissions as you call it. The bottom line is that white folks brought that on themselves. I don’t hear white folks complaining about white women gaining access to schools and employment based on gender. Racism does not just go away if you just don’t talk about it.

Therefore, you and other white people would have benefitted greatly by taking some of these African American studies classes.

In the big scheme of things ...race just isn't important at all....meaningless really.

But I have learned you are a racist centric person being ultra concerned about race first & foremost which is obvious in a majority of your post's over the years. Amazingly, you think that is ok!
Do better. Be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
In the big scheme of things ...race just isn't important at all....meaningless really.

But I have learned you are a racist centric person being ultra concerned about race first & foremost which is obvious in a majority of your post's over the years. Amazingly, you think that is ok!
Do better. Be better.
Race may not be important to you because you are white and arrogant. You show no empathy towards folks who do care about it. Then foolishly call them a racist. Racism is discriminating against or expressing superiority over a group of people. African American studies or history classes does neither.

The illogic and contradictions in your position are so obvious I would think even you could them them.
He is undeniably……lol……the greatest president we’ve ever had BUT YOU DON’T WANT HIM TO GET THE NOMINATION to be president again. In what universe does that make sense?

What is SO bad about trump, whose policies you loved and praises you sing, that would cause you to shift your support elsewhere?

Do you now consider yourself a RINO? You support Ron, trump said he’s a RINO, who are you going to side with today?

As for your selective, mind numbing statement that trump is the greatest president ever, what do you base that on? That you made good money during his term, cause that seems to be the most important criteria for you.

Did he end a war? An historic peace deal? Defeat communism? Enact ground breaking legislation like voting rights for women or Africa Americans? Maybe build something that would change our lives like the Panama Canal or the transcontinental railroad?

No. He cut taxes for corporations and it yielded a great economy. Otherwise, he was a president who bitched about the same issues you bitch about. He was angry and outraged and had the audacity to take politics into the gutter, just to make you and many others happy. In short, he acted like you and attacked those you don’t agree with. And you fell in love.
Did woman and blacks lose their voting rights recently? I wast aware.
As for my support for Trump, the reason I don't want him to get the nomination, despite the fact that he's a great policy-maker and negotiator, is that there's too many people like you who had their feelings hurt by his mean tweets, that you're willing to vote for a vegetable like Biden, simply for the fact that his name's not Trump. Unfortunately, enough morons did that in the last election that put us in the situation we're in now.
In terms of what did Trump do that was so great? Well, gee, let's just compare the country at the present to the country when Trump was POTUS. Does it seem different?

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
The Boneman is a perfect example of how Chump has the right wongers twisting themselves into knots. The Boneman says that Chump was the best president ever. Yet he also says that he hopes that Chump does not run in 2024. If someone is thought of being the best president ever, why would you not want them to run again? Until Chump goes away totally, you are going to continue to have repub presidential candidates as well as the local and state candidates twist themselves into knots trying to appease the deplorables and the mainstream republicans. It has gotten to the point where a so-called mainstream Republicans are called RINOs by either the deplorables or the repub candidates trying to appease the deplorables.
As I told Bobby, the low information voter (democrats) and the easily influenced (people who listen to the mainstream media and Hollywood for their information on how to think) don't know enough not to vote for a potato like Biden. All they kept hearing was "Orange man bad" but didn't understand what that meant other than he mean-tweeted. But, they still voted for Biden and put the country in the crapper.

It looks like Bone is taking some time off from the never-ending task of trying to help you and bni understand the simplest things, so I will add a few comments to tide you over.

Of course it makes no sense in your illogical universe, but his position makes perfect sense to logical people. He may think Trump is the GOAT, but if he believes Trump would lose to Biden, Bone would act in the best interests of the country and support a different repub. Not that hard to understand, is it?

Again, in the best interests of the country, Bone will side with DeSantis in hopes of getting rid of our bumbling and incompetent potus.

Obviously, your mind is easily numbed.

Did Trump start a stupid war? Did he get us involved in a stupid and dangerous war with a nuclear power.?

What are some 'historic' things you think Trump should have done but did not? If you are going to keep up your knee-jerk criticism, tell us what major things you think he should have done but didn't?

A great economy? That is pretty impressive, right - but not impressive enough for you?

Only in your bizarre universe does your absurd rant here make any sense.
Ha ha....I actually was on vacation in the Bahamas. Was focused on fish, rum and conch fritters, not trying to educate BNI or Bobby. Dealing with those two can be exhausting. Well done.

You see, through the lens of white privilege, most white people are oblivious to injustices to people of color unless it hits them in the face somehow. Most white people do not and never have lived in predominantly black neighborhoods. Talk to black people on a day to day basis. Raise black children. Have black friends or relatives. Listen to black radio talk show stations. Watch black TV shows and movies. Watch civil rights documentaries on PBS or the History Channel. Unless it is something that may hit mainstream news, you will not know, hear, or see how racism still exists in this country. You are probably telling the truth. If you are not part of the aforementioned, you may not see anyone's civil rights being compromised.

The Jim Crow laws, thanks to the 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights bills are gone. However, since then, Jim Crow's more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire is alive and well, by less subtle and abstract means. There is still housing discrimination, mortgage loan discrimination, racial profiling, police brutality etc. In addition, the voter suppression laws that started in red states after the 2009 election and escalated after the 2020 election clearly aimed at making it harder for people of color to vote. There is still two justice systems in the US, one for blacks and one for whites. Not to mention the so-called "Karens" that harass black people. May not seem to be a big deal but throughout history and even today, these "Karens" have gotten a lot of innocent black people harassed by police, arrested or killed.
But you said it yourself, that in your 50+ years, you've never been the victim of discrimination. So, everything you know about it is learned from the tv, radio or the boys at the barber shop, correct?

Do you think Tim Scott, who is everything you mentioned, would say that he can't succeed in America because of his color? Especially in a red, deep south state like SC?

Is your argument that there never should have been any programs to help minorities overcome the racism of the past? Or is it that those programs have accomplished their goals and are no longer needed?
Bob, name one thing you've done to atone for your whiteness? What have you done to help black people (besides flipping the cashier an extra nickel when you get your morning coffee at McDonald's).

• Haha
What civil rights specifically?
Are there any laws anywhere in the US, local, state or federal that distinguish the right based on color?
Name me a single one.
Voting and police brutality for starters. There are still two justice systems in the US. One for whites and one for blacks. Still housing, mortgage employment discrimination. Still have right wing idiots banning books about black history and black history topics in history classes. Basically changing history. Because you are white, you don't see or care about all of that in your world.

But you said it yourself, that in your 50+ years, you've never been the victim of discrimination. So, everything you know about it is learned from the tv, radio or the boys at the barber shop, correct?

Do you think Tim Scott, who is everything you mentioned, would say that he can't succeed in America because of his color? Especially in a red, deep south state like SC?
I told this over and over again. Not all black people have been prevented from employment or education. Unfortunately, many others have. So what is your point that keep trying to make? So family members, friends, talks show guests, business associates, every day folks that talk about their experiences are lying? That is what you sound like you are trying to say. Or, you are foolishly trying to say that if someone has not been a victim of being held back from jobs or education personally, racism does not exist? You are grossly wrong in both instances.

Currently, I never said that you can’t succeed because of your skin color. That’s because of all the battles the civil rights leaders of the past, some sacrificed their lives so blacks like myself can have a better life. As far as Tim Scott, he won’t say that blacks can’t succeed because of their skin color. What he has said, several times, that he was racially profiled by the Capitol police at least 5 times. That sir is racism. Scott, a black person that shared his experience with racism.

DeSantis/Haley won't work. Same geographics....need someone from a state that can garner votes from other areas, such as Sununu or Noem from South Dakota.
That used to be the case, not so much now. Pence from Indiana wasn’t a Trump boon. DeSantis/Scott maybe works, Georgia, NC, are both in play, maybe VA as well.

Reactions: Joetboiler
Voting and police brutality for starters. There are still two justice systems in the US. One for whites and one for blacks. Still housing, mortgage employment discrimination. Still have right wing idiots banning books about black history and black history topics in history classes. Basically changing history. Because you are white, you don't see or care about all of that in your world.

You mean the voter integrity laws? Let's not get into that again. I don't feel like listening to your 'souls to the polls' speech because the church bus don't run on Saturdays once every four years.

What's the example of police brutality? More whites are killed by the cops than blacks. Despite being only 13% of the population, blacks commit over 50% of violent crimes.
I think the key is to not resist arrest and fight the cops. Comply with orders and have your day in court. Otherwise, you risk getting tuned up or worse.

You mean the voter integrity laws? Let's not get into that again. I don't feel like listening to your 'souls to the polls' speech because the church bus don't run on Saturdays once every four years.

What's the example of police brutality? More whites are killed by the cops than blacks. Despite being only 13% of the population, blacks commit over 50% of violent crimes.
I think the key is to not resist arrest and fight the cops. Comply with orders and have your day in court. Otherwise, you risk getting tuned up or worse.
Let me ask you. Is racism erraticated in the US? If not, what are the racist actions that are happening?

Let me ask you. Is racism erraticated in the US? If not, what are the racist actions that are happening?
I think you and I have very different definitions of racism.
But, I can state that there's not a single local, state or federal law that distinguishes by race. If I'm wrong, correct me.
But, just to prove my point; You've stated that you believe a lot of people didn't vote for Obama solely based on his race. Yet, you then go on to say that you wouldn't vote for Larry Elder, David Webb or Herschel Walker because of their political views.
So, which is it?

I think you and I have very different definitions of racism.
But, I can state that there's not a single local, state or federal law that distinguishes by race. If I'm wrong, correct me.
But, just to prove my point; You've stated that you believe a lot of people didn't vote for Obama solely based on his race. Yet, you then go on to say that you wouldn't vote for Larry Elder, David Webb or Herschel Walker because of their political views.
So, which is it?
You are avoiding my question. Again, is racism eradicated in the US? If not what are the racist actions that are happening? There is only one definition of racism.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I stand by what I said that most people did not vote for Obama solely based on his race. I'm sure some did. A lot of blacks were excited to have a viable black candidate running. I know I did not vote for Obama based on his race. At the beginning of the 2008 democratic primary, I was going for Clinton. By the time the democratic nomination came, I shifted over to Obama. Then for the general election, I definitely wasn't going to vote for McCain. And, yes I ain't voting for Elder, Webb, or Walker. Or Tim Scott for that matter. Especially Walker. At least Scott, Elder, and Webb are intelligent. Again, like McCain, their political views don't jive with mine. If I voted purely on skin color, I could not vote for them fast enough.

You are avoiding my question. Again, is racism eradicated in the US? If not what are the racist actions that are happening? There is only one definition of racism.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I stand by what I said that most people did not vote for Obama solely based on his race. I'm sure some did. A lot of blacks were excited to have a viable black candidate running. I know I did not vote for Obama based on his race. At the beginning of the 2008 democratic primary, I was going for Clinton. By the time the democratic nomination came, I shifted over to Obama. Then for the general election, I definitely wasn't going to vote for McCain. And, yes I ain't voting for Elder, Webb, or Walker. Or Tim Scott for that matter. Especially Walker. At least Scott, Elder, and Webb are intelligent. Again, like McCain, their political views don't jive with mine. If I voted purely on skin color, I could not vote for them fast enough.
Is racism eradicated? I don' know. It depends on what you'd consider to be racism. I'm sure you and I could have two very different opinions as to whether a particular situation involved racism.
A perfect example is the voter integrity laws. You scream "Racism!" , while I say "why would you be against more secure elections?"
You think the George Floyd incident was racism. I saw it as a violent felon on drugs who wouldn't comply with police orders, assaulted the cops and forced the police to have to restrain him. Color didn't matter.

Despite proof, you still don't believe more (far more) unarmed white people are killed by cops than unarmed black people. You're blinded by color.

You've just been conditioned to view everything through the lends of race. That's unfortunate, because no matter what happens, you're always going to play the race card first.

Is racism eradicated? I don' know. It depends on what you'd consider to be racism. I'm sure you and I could have two very different opinions as to whether a particular situation involved racism.
A perfect example is the voter integrity laws. You scream "Racism!" , while I say "why would you be against more secure elections?"
You think the George Floyd incident was racism. I saw it as a violent felon on drugs who wouldn't comply with police orders, assaulted the cops and forced the police to have to restrain him. Color didn't matter.

Despite proof, you still don't believe more (far more) unarmed white people are killed by cops than unarmed black people. You're blinded by color.

You've just been conditioned to view everything through the lends of race. That's unfortunate, because no matter what happens, you're always going to play the race card first.
You answered, "I don't know". As a white person, you probably don't know. In general, you and others in your lifetime probably had very little contact with black people. If you went to Purdue, you probably never had any close black friends. Never went to a black fraternity or sorority party. You may have played some hoops at the Co-Rec with some black kids. You say that you worked in black neighborhoods in Chicago and work with some blacks I think. In addition, you don't listen to black talk radio stations. Or, watch very little, if at all black themed TV shows or movies. You are not interested in learning history, not to mention any black history.

I say all of that to say that your perspective and other white people's perspective on race is different from mine and other black people. You say that there is not a single local, state, or federal law that distinguishes by race. I disagree, but for the sake of argument, racism is more than state and federal laws. I've known blacks that have been treated horribly by white people in the workplace. There are the "Karens" that call the police or harass black people for picnicking in the park, selling water on the sidewalk, cheering kids playing soccer, entering apartment buildings, etc. Throughout history, blacks have been beaten or killed by some of these "Karen". Ever heard of Emmit Till. Speaking of which, I bet that you have no interest in seeing the motion picture movie about Emmit Till that just came out. You can stream it now. Whites are still harassing blacks moving into predominantly white neighborhoods. Writing racial stuff on the garage doors. Even at Purdue, a cross was burned outside the Black Cultural Center. According to your definition of racism, it is racist for blacks to have a Black Cultural Center. People are still waving offensive confederate flags. President Chump refused to rename US military bases that were named after confederate soldiers including Fort Bragg and Fort Hood. All that and many more are racist with one law passed.

Let me ask you, is what you call racism eradicated anywhere on earth - or is it a feature of human evolution that can never be eradicated, only reduced?

To save some emails back and forth, I will tell you the correct answer in advance, which is that racism is a feature of human evolution that can only be reduced.

Has racism been reduced substantially over time in the US? To save more emails, the answer is yes.

Let me ask you, is what you call racism eradicated anywhere on earth - or is it a feature of human evolution that can never be eradicated, only reduced?

To save some emails back and forth, I will tell you the correct answer in advance, which is that racism is a feature of human evolution that can only be reduced.

Has racism been reduced substantially over time in the US? To save more emails, the answer is yes.
First of all I turned that email feature off a long time ago.

Anyway, seems like racism will never be eradicated. With hard work and sacrifice racism was and can be reduced. So I agree with you on both accounts. However, according to the Boneman and others, racism don’t exist anymore.

You answered, "I don't know". As a white person, you probably don't know. In general, you and others in your lifetime probably had very little contact with black people. If you went to Purdue, you probably never had any close black friends. Never went to a black fraternity or sorority party. You may have played some hoops at the Co-Rec with some black kids. You say that you worked in black neighborhoods in Chicago and work with some blacks I think. In addition, you don't listen to black talk radio stations. Or, watch very little, if at all black themed TV shows or movies. You are not interested in learning history, not to mention any black history.

I say all of that to say that your perspective and other white people's perspective on race is different from mine and other black people. You say that there is not a single local, state, or federal law that distinguishes by race. I disagree, but for the sake of argument, racism is more than state and federal laws. I've known blacks that have been treated horribly by white people in the workplace. There are the "Karens" that call the police or harass black people for picnicking in the park, selling water on the sidewalk, cheering kids playing soccer, entering apartment buildings, etc. Throughout history, blacks have been beaten or killed by some of these "Karen". Ever heard of Emmit Till. Speaking of which, I bet that you have no interest in seeing the motion picture movie about Emmit Till that just came out. You can stream it now. Whites are still harassing blacks moving into predominantly white neighborhoods. Writing racial stuff on the garage doors. Even at Purdue, a cross was burned outside the Black Cultural Center. According to your definition of racism, it is racist for blacks to have a Black Cultural Center. People are still waving offensive confederate flags. President Chump refused to rename US military bases that were named after confederate soldiers including Fort Bragg and Fort Hood. All that and many more are racist with one law passed.
As usual, you bring up something that happened 75 years ago. I know the story of Emmitt Till. Do you know the story of Cannan Hinnant?
And for every event you consider racist against blacks, i can name one against whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc.
Quit letting yourself be a victim.

First of all I turned that email feature off a long time ago.

Anyway, seems like racism will never be eradicated. With hard work and sacrifice racism was and can be reduced. So I agree with you on both accounts. However, according to the Boneman and others, racism don’t exist anymore.
I never said it doesn't exist anymore. Blacks, whites, Hispanics etc are all guilty of racism. But....it's nowhere near involved in every situation where something negative happens to a black person. Sometimes (in fact, most times) it's the person's behavior that is the reason for a negative outcome.

As usual, you bring up something that happened 75 years ago. I know the story of Emmitt Till. Do you know the story of Cannan Hinnant?
And for every event you consider racist against blacks, i can name one against whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc.
Quit letting yourself be a victim.
Yes, I heard the story a while back. What you failed to do is research. If you researched this sad event, you will find that this was in no way a hate crime. Sessions, the killer was neighbors with the boy's family for 8 years. The boy's dad and Sessions would drink beers and shoot the breeze from time to time. The day before the shooting, the family even had Sessions over for dinner the day before he killed Cannan. It's been reported that at the time of the killing, Sessions was high and having hallucinations. The bottom line is that the true story is nowhere close to the narrative that you are trying to make it be. If you look hard enough, perhaps you can find true hate crimes of blacks towards whites but this ain't one of them.

Yes, I heard the story a while back. What you failed to do is research. If you researched this sad event, you will find that this was in no way a hate crime. Sessions, the killer was neighbors with the boy's family for 8 years. The boy's dad and Sessions would drink beers and shoot the breeze from time to time. The day before the shooting, the family even had Sessions over for dinner the day before he killed Cannan. It's been reported that at the time of the killing, Sessions was high and having hallucinations. The bottom line is that the true story is nowhere close to the narrative that you are trying to make it be. If you look hard enough, perhaps you can find true hate crimes of blacks towards whites but this ain't one of them.
Interesting take; A black man murders a little white boy by shooting him in the head, a few days after a highly publicized media driven racial event is covered on tv, and you don't believe race had anything to do with it?

Do you think this link describes a hate crime towards whites?

Interesting take; A black man murders a little white boy by shooting him in the head, a few days after a highly publicized media driven racial event is covered on tv, and you don't believe race had anything to do with it?

Do you think this link describes a hate crime towards whites?
You are doing what you accused me of doing all the time, following some sort of narrative that you heard on right wing radio or Faux News. I guess you are talking about the so-called BLM riots. As far as Cannan Hinnant, you don't go from friendly neighbors to killing the kid because you hate their race. Again, you failed to research. Sessions was having hallucinations from drugs. If Sessions hated white people all of a sudden, he would have killed the entire family.

Like I said, racism is simple. Yeah if those girls made anti-white statements then it is a hate crime.

You are doing what you accused me of doing all the time, following some sort of narrative that you heard on right wing radio or Faux News. I guess you are talking about the so-called BLM riots. As far as Cannan Hinnant, you don't go from friendly neighbors to killing the kid because you hate their race. Again, you failed to research. Sessions was having hallucinations from drugs. If Sessions hated white people all of a sudden, he would have killed the entire family.

Like I said, racism is simple. Yeah if those girls made anti-white statements then it is a hate crime.
Ok, just wanted to make sure both blacks and whites can be the victims of racism.

DeSantis whitewashes black history every chance he gets. Banning books. Banning AP African American history classes. That is racist. He is not the only Republican doing so. Red states have been doing this for decades.
These are bullshit talking points by the left. None of which are true one bit.

Therein lies the problem. What you just posted is pure Faux News rhetoric used as an excuse to not teach black history. Learning about black history is not teaching white kids that they're oppressors and to feel guilty. Learning about black history is simply that, learning about black history which is American history.

What is wrong with teaching about slavery in the US?
What is wrong with teaching about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad that led many slaves to freedom?
What is wrong with teaching about some of the significant court cases about race like Plessy vs. Ferguson and Brown vs Board of Education?
What is wrong with teaching about Nat Turner's slave revolt?
What is wrong about teaching about black inventors and scientists like Benjamin Banneker, Louis Latimore, Garret Morgan, Katherine Johnson, George Washington Carver, etc.?
What is wrong with teaching about Rasa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white person?

Not teaching the aforementioned because you think white kids will feel guilty is whitewashing history. I suppose you don't want to teach about the "Trail of Tears" where Andrew Jackson marched Native Americans from the south to Oklahoma. Many died from blankets laced with smallpox. I suppose you don't want to teach about FDR putting Japanese Americans in internment camps during WW2. He sure didn't put German and Italian Americans in internment camps. That's for sure.
No it isn't. There have literally been tons of kids that stood up at school board meetings talking about how the school was literally telling them they were oppressors and not important because they were white.

Desantis, despite what your shitty "news" tells you, has said multiple times that ALL history (yes including black history) needs to be taught accurately. He was against schools teaching kids they were lesser because they were white, because it's racist. Shocker.

You are wrong as usual. You are just going by what Faux News and right wing radio are telling you. Using textbooks that call slaves "immigrants" is whitewashing history. Banning books on Rosa Parks and MLK is whitewashing history. They've banned books by Pulitzer Prize winner, Toni Morrison. There is no so called message being taught.

You keep bringing this up. In a history class, if they want to cover inner city violence and single mothers, etc. is fine. However, those topics are better suited for and are taught in social studies classes, sociology classes, and African American Studies classes.
You are so out of touch because you listen to fake news. Go watch what is going on with actual people at school board meetings and you'll find out your information is dead wrong.

Florida is one of the largest State's in the country and most diverse. And people from all over the country are moving there - especially from NYC. Why?

In 2018 Desantis won the governor's race by 30k votes. 4 years later he won by 1.6 million votes. Do you understand this? After 4 years he expanded his margin by over 1 1/2 million votes. Is this because he is a fascist? Winning almost every county, including democratic strong hold Miami-Dade. Winning almost 60% of the Latino vote. Why? Can this many people want to live under an authoritarian regime?

And on RCP he is the only politician polled nationally with a positive favorability. +13 most recent Harvard-Harris. In reality, as he expands beyond his 23 million-person bubble his favorability grows. But keep watching The View. Its working out great for you.
The problem is people like @BNIBoiler and @mdthornb believe in the stupid lies that the Dems and media push about Desantis. Trump too for that matter.

No it isn't. There have literally been tons of kids that stood up at school board meetings talking about how the school was literally telling them they were oppressors and not important because they were white.

Desantis, despite what your shitty "news" tells you, has said multiple times that ALL history (yes including black history) needs to be taught accurately. He was against schools teaching kids they were lesser because they were white, because it's racist. Shocker.
“He may be against schools teaching that they were lesser because they they were white.” That sounds like what your crappy news, like Faux News is telling you. Anyway, that is not what an African American Studies class is teaching. You wouldn’t know because you never took an African American studies class. Things that y’all don't understand, y’all think the worse. Like I said earlier, it would do y’all some good and research some African American studies topics. Research some black history, good and the bad and learn something for a change. Instead some jacked up rhetoric from right wing media and Faux News.

White people have done some horrible stuff throughout the history of the US towards blacks, Jews, Japanese, Native Americans, Latinos, etc. But y’all don’t want that to be taught in schools anymore.

“He may be against schools teaching that they were lesser because they they were white.” That sounds like what your crappy news, like Faux News is telling you. Anyway, that is not what an African American Studies class is teaching. You wouldn’t know because you never took an African American studies class. Things that y’all don't understand, y’all think the worse. Like I said earlier, it would do y’all some good and research some African American studies topics. Research some black history, good and the bad and learn something for a change. Instead some jacked up rhetoric from right wing media and Faux News.

White people have done some horrible stuff throughout the history of the US towards blacks, Jews, Japanese, Native Americans, Latinos, etc. But y’all don’t want that to be taught in schools anymore.
Dude, I don't watch Fox for the hundredth time. I actually pay attention to the people. Not what some corporate media talking head says like you do. Shit is going down in these schools that you keep denying because YOUR shitty media is denying the facts.

Dude, I don't watch Fox for the hundredth time. I actually pay attention to the people. Not what some corporate media talking head says like you do. Shit is going down in these schools that you keep denying because YOUR shitty media is denying the facts.
Well I’m just trying to tell whatever is going down in these schools have nothing to do with an AP African American Studies class. Just don’t mess with leaning black history, the good and the bad like these people are doing. Banning a lot of books or changing history.

I'm still waiting for someone to propose a class on the origins of slavery in America. How the industry developed, where the slaves came from, how they became slaves in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT