ADVERTISEMENT

GETTING SHOTS UP.....

Aug 31, 2010
I want this team to shoot well from three as well as any Purdue fan but the most important thing is to GET SHOTS UP!!! I know I said it all weekend after the loss to NW and I’ll say it again to anybody that will listen.... if we don’t turn it over and get shots up we offensive rebound the ball so dang well that missed shots turn into another subset of our offense! It is even better when we MAKE six threes or more in a half!!!

I want this team to shoot well from three as well as any Purdue fan but the most important thing is to GET SHOTS UP!!! I know I said it all weekend after the loss to NW and I’ll say it again to anybody that will listen.... if we don’t turn it over and get shots up we offensive rebound the ball so dang well that missed shots turn into another subset of our offense! It is even better when we MAKE six threes or more in a half!!!
That's a similar theory to hockey. More shots equals more shots on goal equals more scoring chances. But in both sports, it doesn't help you if they're bad shots on a possession that doesn't make the defense work. You're not going to just keep chucking 3s all day long.

We will get better, and more, shots if we don't turn it over, like you say.

Reactions: Schnelk
Right. Last night, Purdue didn’t even shoot well from 3, but so many of the missed threes were rebounded that getting threes off was great offense. Eliminate the turnovers and Edey gives Purdue such a huge advantage that they should be able to outscore pretty much anyone.

Right. Last night, Purdue didn’t even shoot well from 3, but so many of the missed threes were rebounded that getting threes off was great offense. Eliminate the turnovers and Edey gives Purdue such a huge advantage that they should be able to outscore pretty much anyone.
There were 2 trips down right close to each other where we missed a 3, got the rebound, missed another 3, got the rebound and then made a 3.......... twice in a couple of minutes. probably won't see that again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT