ADVERTISEMENT

Gas @ $3.99 and increasing to $4.25+

It was trending in the opposite direction under the previous administration, just sayin’. Would we have become completely independent - no, but we would have been closer…..

I’d love to make all of our energy without reliance on anyone else but it’s not going to happen in our lifetimes, not with that chokehold energy companies have on nearly aspect of this country. They are profit-driven, so even if we can produce all the oil we would need, they will always sell it to the highest bidder. It’s why a push for alternatives has to be factored in, IMO, if nothing else than for true competition to the industry. We will probably never ever move away from fossil fuels. I’m not even saying we have to.

It’s such a complicated industry that anyone on here blaming prices on any one thing is doesn’t have any interest in realizing that it’s a global industry and what happens elsewhere is going to impact what happens here.

I’d love to make all of our energy without reliance on anyone else but it’s not going to happen in our lifetimes, not with that chokehold energy companies have on nearly aspect of this country. They are profit-driven, so even if we can produce all the oil we would need, they will always sell it to the highest bidder. It’s why a push for alternatives has to be factored in, IMO, if nothing else than for true competition to the industry. We will probably never ever move away from fossil fuels. I’m not even saying we have to.

It’s such a complicated industry that anyone on here blaming prices on any one thing is doesn’t have any interest in realizing that it’s a global industry and what happens elsewhere is going to impact what happens here.
This was one of the most thoughtful, unemotional responses you’ve made on here recently.

That said, the classic Progressive stance is to blame the oil companies everytime oil and gas prices go up. Cue Elizabeth Warren the other day. Only when it’s convenient for the argument, is the supply and demand argument brought up. So have oil and gas prices spiked up recently because of supply and demand or because the greedy oil and gas companies just want to gouge consumers?

Really?

I posted a link to that site a week ago lol.

Did you read any of it.......or the links to other articles? Or did you just read a headline?

If we are a net exporter of oil, why are we importing oil?

Hint. All oil is not created equal.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Hey gramps. I have never, not once, said either of these things. By the way, if you’re still of the opinion that the election was stolen, you can stfu about, well, everything else. Rant elsewhere.
Sure you have. I'd be embarrassed if I said all the stupid things you say on a regular basis. You can't have more than about one or two active brain cells, if you voted for Biden and you're now trying to justify the idiotic things he's doing.

As you go through life, you're either going to get old or you're going to get dead. Since you're so disrespectful of old people, I certainly hope you never get old.

Reactions: Level 42
Sure you have. I'd be embarrassed if I said all the stupid things you say on a regular basis. You can't have more than about one or two active brain cells, if you voted for Biden and you're now trying to justify the idiotic things he's doing.

As you go through life, you're either going to get old or you're going to get dead. Since you're so disrespectful of old people, I certainly hope you never get old.
I mean you are the definition of an old man yelling at a cloud. You’re the grandpa on the Simpsons. That’s how I picture you. You come on here and will have posted ten things in a row. None of them steeped in reality.

Which is weird, because I actually enjoy your basketball posts. But over here, you’re yammering on about Hunter Biden’s laptop and still think the election was stolen so guess what? Yeah I’m gonna make fun of that because that nonsense makes you sound like a ranting old man.

Reactions: BuilderBob6

He's not smart enough to see how embarrassing and stupid his comments are.

I mean you are the definition of an old man yelling at a cloud. You’re the grandpa on the Simpsons. That’s how I picture you. You come on here and will have posted ten things in a row. None of them steeped in reality.

Which is weird, because I actually enjoy your basketball posts. But over here, you’re yammering on about Hunter Biden’s laptop and still think the election was stolen so guess what? Yeah I’m gonna make fun of that because that nonsense makes you sound like a ranting old man.
I never said that the election was stolen, but I have said there were a lot of irregularities.
Do you believe that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the 2016 election?
Do you think the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop was just Russian disinformation?

You've just been so thoroughly indoctrinated by the MSM that anything counter to that indoctrination must be a lie, in your mind.

The latest MSM spin/disinformation campaign is to exonerate Biden and blame Putin for the "Putin Price Hike" on gas prices and inflation in general.

THE NIGHT WATCHMAN

Once upon a time the government had a vast scrap yard in the middle
of a desert.

Congress said, "Someone may steal from it at night." So they created
a night watchman position and hired a person for the job.

Then Congress said, "How does the watchman do his job without
instruction?" So they created a planning department and hired two
people, one person to write the instructions,and one person to do time
studies.

Then Congress said, "How will we know the night watchman is doing the
tasks correctly?" So they created a Quality Control department and
hired two people. One was to do the studies and one was to write the
reports.

Then Congress said, "How are these people going to get paid?" So
they created two positions: a time keeper and a payroll officer then
hired two people.

Then Congress said, "Who will be accountable for all of these people?"
So they created an administrative section and hired three people, an
Administrative Officer, Assistant Administrative Officer, and a Legal
Secretary.

Then Congress said, "We have had this command in operation for one
year and we are $918,000 over budget, we must cut back." So they laid
off the night watchman.

NOW slowly, let it sink in.

Quietly, we go like sheep to slaughter. Does anybody remember the
reason given for the establishment of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY during
the Carter administration?

Anybody? Anything? Anyone? No? Didn't think so!

Bottom line is, we've spent several hundred billion dollars in support
of an agency, the reason for which very few people who read this can
remember!

Ready??

It was very simple... and at the time, everybody thought it very appropriate.

The Department of Energy was instituted on 8/04/1977, TO LESSEN OUR
DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL.

Hey, pretty efficient, huh???

AND NOW IT'S 2022 -- 45 YEARS LATER -- AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS
"NECESSARY" DEPARTMENT IS AT $242 BILLION A YEAR. IT HAS 16,000
FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES; AND
LOOK AT THE JOB IT HAS DONE!

(THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY, "WHAT WERE THEY
THINKING?")

34 years ago 30% of our oil consumption was foreign imports. Today 70%
of our oil consumption is foreign imports.

Ah, yes -- good old Federal bureaucracy.

NOW, WE HAVE TURNED OVER THE BANKING SYSTEM, HEALTH CARE, AND THE AUTO
INDUSTRY TO THE SAME GOVERNMENT? What can possibly go wrong?

Hello!! Anybody Home?

Signed.... The Night Watchman
The Department of Education could not be reached for comment

Reactions: tjreese
I never said that the election was stolen, but I have said there were a lot of irregularities.
Do you believe that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the 2016 election?
Do you think the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop was just Russian disinformation?

You've just been so thoroughly indoctrinated by the MSM that anything counter to that indoctrination must be a lie, in your mind.

The latest MSM spin/disinformation campaign is to exonerate Biden and blame Putin for the "Putin Price Hike" on gas prices and inflation in general.
I accepted the election results in 2016. You’re mistaking Russia interfering with them spreading misinformation through social media etc. Do I think they rigged it? No. Did they influence people like you? Yes. But I never doubted the results of the election. Something a lot of your pals on here need to do.

I honestly don’t give a shit about Hunter Biden’s laptop. Come talk to me when he’s actually in office. And then let’s talk about the blatant nepotism of the entire Trump family in office. I mean my god the laptop story is a load of nonsense and again another bogeyman for the easily duped to chew on.

You’re pretty much the last person on here who can lecture anyone about the MSM given the Alex Jones-esque nonsense you spew on here.

I accepted the election results in 2016. You’re mistaking Russia interfering with them spreading misinformation through social media etc. Do I think they rigged it? No. Did they influence people like you? Yes. But I never doubted the results of the election. Something a lot of your pals on here need to do.

I honestly don’t give a shit about Hunter Biden’s laptop. Come talk to me when he’s actually in office. And then let’s talk about the blatant nepotism of the entire Trump family in office. I mean my god the laptop story is a load of nonsense and again another bogeyman for the easily duped to chew on.

You’re pretty much the last person on here who can lecture anyone about the MSM given the Alex Jones-esque nonsense you spew on here.
I wasn't mistaking anything. HRC and the Dems have been charging Trump with Colluding with the Russians to win the 2016 election. You may remember that the Mueller Investigation was launched because of it. https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2019/03/mueller-concludes-investigation/

Special Counsel John Durham is currently indicting people from HRC's campaign, since they were the source of the Russian Collusion narrative. I suppose you don't want to get to the bottom of that investigation either. More Russian misinformation, perhaps? I also found it interesting that the 17 Dem activist lawyers on Mueller's staff never noticed any of the things that Durham is finding. Why? That was the very thing they were supposed to be investigating...

Hunter's Laptop has been verified as being his and there is a lot of corroborated information on it linking the Big Guy (Joe) to corruption & influence peddling. You keep mentioning Trump. If his kids were involved in anything like this the MSM would be turning over every rock in the country to make that linkage and try to put Trump in jail.

Why is the MSM just ignoring the story and trying to debunk it, when it has been proven factual? Perhaps the MSM no longer pretends to be objective and is openly protective of all the Dems, regardless of circumstances. That should be alarming to people in all parties, since the MSM are supposed to be the watchdogs of ALL the politicians to protect us from corruption.

The MSM has watchdogged the Hell out of Trump, even running with the Russian Collusion narrative years after it had been debunked. Now they are the Dem's version of Pravda.

Interesting. I've never once listened to Alex Jones, so I can't even relate to what you mean by your statement.

The difference between you and me is that I want to get rid of the corruption on both sides and I acknowledge that it exists on both sides. You just seem to be interested in cleaning up one side and letting the other side rape, loot and pillage at will. Gotta keep both eyes open.

Did anyone else read that Congress is wanting to give each American a $100 per month stimulus check to make up for high gas prices? They are gong to tax the oil companies to come up with the cash.
The stupidity of the Democrat controlled house and Executive Branch is insane.

Did anyone else read that Congress is wanting to give each American a $100 per month stimulus check to make up for high gas prices? They are gong to tax the oil companies to come up with the cash.
The stupidity of the Democrat controlled house and Executive Branch is insane.
This government is so broken that it’s sickening. These people voted for this so pay the price. I see it’s getting close to buy the votes time again.

Reactions: tjreese
This government is so broken that it’s sickening. These people voted for this so pay the price. I see it’s getting close to buy the votes time again.
Dementia's new hire Sam (Samantha?) Brinton for energy to the rescue as the SCOTUS is about to get a new member.
q2-1-1.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
What an absolute $hit$how.
nothing accidental about the "fundamental change" or destruction of the country. I'm simply amazed that anyone would be surprised based on dementia before the registered votes. Further verification of the stupidity of so many out of the 81 million registered votes. Is Hunter or Fauci still in the news or is this a Spartacus moment from the brain dead?

Guess we're going to have to call this administration the one of shortages. Including intellect and common sense.
But but but Covid. Amazing we didnt have this problem after WWII when a huge amount of manufacturing switched to war production for 4 years and a lot of times totally different than what they were making .

If the Biden Administration had half of a brain, why would they not implore companies that successfully worked virtually during COVID, to reconsider having workers that can be highly efficient working from home to do exactly that. Even offer tax breaks for documented workers staying home starting on a given date (say June 15th). Intent would be to reward companies that have workers who are currently driving to work on June 1, 2022, to reconsider having them work from home in an effort to reduce oil/energy demand.

i recognize having half of a brain is a significant challenge for the administration

Last edited:
I paid for $5/gal gas today. My wife knows someone that owns some gas stations and they said they are programming the pumps to be able to recognize up to $10/gal gas...
I heard the same thing from a friend that owns numerous gas stations, convenience stores.
He is up grading the signs to handle 6 digits.
I talked to him about renting some space, at each store, to run a pawn shop.
Wedding rings, watches and stuff to afford gas tic.
I keep an old 81 1 ton 4x4 around for hauling trash, wood etc. I double it’s value every time I fill it up!
Carter is starting to look like a Saint.

Last edited:
I heard the same thing from a friend that owns numerous gas stations, convenience stores.
I keep an old 81 1 ton 4x4 around for hauling trash, wood etc. I double it’s value every time I fill it up!
The President has nothing to do with the price of fuel. I remember when it first hit triple digits and they would stick a home made $1 sign on the old style ones that had flip numbers out in front of the station. At 6 digits they wont have to worry about selling much. Maybe Joe and Pete are organizing an airlift for fuel . Wait until winter hits especially in the northeast.

When was Bidens last extended sit down interview? Was it the Super Bowl interview?

And the Ds always talk about “fighting for the working man”. It’s more like they “are f@$&ing the working man over”.
Yep $5.39 to $5.59 in northwest Indiana. Going to be over six bucks soon. Thank goodness the refinery is close by. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Guess we're going to have to call this administration the one of shortages. Including intellect and common sense.
Granted, they have shortages of Intellect and common sense, but they are totally devoid of competence. Biden may have assembled the most diverse cabinet in history, but it's also the MOST INCOMPETENT cabinet in history. Perhaps Biden didn't want anyone in his cabinet to show him up.

Granted, they have shortages of Intellect and common sense, but they are totally devoid of competence. Biden may have assembled the most diverse cabinet in history, but it's also the MOST INCOMPETENT cabinet in history. Perhaps Biden didn't want anyone in his cabinet to show him up.
Unfortunately Joe doesn't seem to understand that it's possible to assemble a staff and cabinet that is diverse while also being competent and experienced.

Unfortunately Joe doesn't seem to understand that it's possible to assemble a staff and cabinet that is diverse while also being competent and experienced.

Anyone competent wants nothing to do with this administration.

Hell, anyone really smart and competent wants nothing to do with politics anymore due to the amount of mud slinging

The President has nothing to do with the price of fuel.
I hope you are being sarcastic Bob.
Biden’s war on fossil fuel policy has everything to do with the record energy prices.
Record hi energy costs have lead the way for record inflation.
Next the Dems will claim the POTUS has no control over our Southern Border, the failed withdrawal from Afghanistan or the current divided Country.
And IMO, Biden‘s war on fossil fuels policy led to the Russian invasion of Ukraine by forcing Europe to be dependent on Russian NG and oil, embolding Putin to invade.

I hope you are being sarcastic Bob.
Biden’s war on fossil fuel policy has everything to do with the record energy prices.
Record hi energy costs have lead the way for record inflation.
Next the Dems will claim the POTUS has no control over our Southern Border, the failed withdrawal from Afghanistan or the current divided Country.
And IMO, Biden‘s war on fossil fuels policy led to the Russian invasion of Ukraine by forcing Europe to be dependent on Russian NG and oil, embolding Putin to invade.
Yes I was merely stating it like all good liberals. I think they get pd to make that exact post on any thread on FB about prices.

This president in reality has control over nothing including his bowels but the policies of this consortium running the country through Biden's limp almost lifeless body sure have a helluva lot to do with it

$5.15 at Love's on US 20 bypass Elkhart

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT