ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread 11/14/21 - vs Western Michigan (BTN at 2:30)

Man, the Big Ten Championship soccer match must have had dozens of people in attendance.

Opens up with an 11-0 run for the 2nd time in 2 games. Three 3's and a Layden steal/layup. Kyle wins the tip, gets a board and a block.

Kyle with a good 5 minutes to start the game. No points but maintained pretty good defensive position and avoided fouls.

23-16 end of 1. A couple bad turnovers. Was really impressed by Kyle that quarter. Sound defensively and able to convert when we got the ball to her in the post. 4 pts, 4 boards, and a block.

5 of 9 from deep.

Couple of good looks for Boilers don't go down and WMU converts on the other end to draw within 6.

42-27 Purdue at halftime. Have to say, I'm really impressed with the execution on offense that half. Even on the shots they are missing, they are getting pretty good looks. 15 assists to only 5 turnovers on the half.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Love the pace…Love the energy, all the assists. Looks like a new team that really enjoys playing together.

Reactions: TC4THREE
I hope this is a harbinger of things to come. I'm cautiously optimistic that Katie Gearlds can bring the women's team back to prominence.

10-2 start to the 2nd half. Defense turning into offense again. Ellis all over the place. 52-29 Boilers.

Things got a little sloppy that quarter. 59-46 going to 4th. WMU ends half on 7-0 run.

Team looks so much better with Ellis in.

You can see the wheels turning in Katies head on that sideline shot of her😎

Terry with 2 great drives and finishes to push the lead back up to 13.

As I say that, Terry misses a transition layup with results in a WMU break the other way that draws a foul on Kyle.

Hey folks, I didn’t realize this thread was going on. Turned the game on about halfway thru the 3rd Q when I got home and have been impressed with the Boilers intensity and tempo. WMU has closed the gap, playing sticky D…. But I like most of what I’ve seen so far. VERY different vibe with Coach KG on the sidelines!

Hey folks, I didn’t realize this thread was going on. Turned the game on about halfway thru the 3rd Q when I got home and have been impressed with the Boilers intensity and tempo. WMU has closed the gap, playing sticky D…. But I like most of what I’ve seen so far. VERY different vibe with Coach KG on the sidelines!
You missed a gem of a first half. That was as good as I've seen a Purdue team execute in years. Things have been a bit loose by comparison in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT