ADVERTISEMENT

Fletcher Loyer

Has there been any buzz for other schools? I don't like assuming a kid is going to land somewhere because it takes away from the excitement a recruit gets when they announce and reveal the big "secret", but I haven't heard anything about him going anywhere but Purdue.
Notre Dame, but not a significant amount of buzz.

Has there been any buzz for other schools? I don't like assuming a kid is going to land somewhere because it takes away from the excitement a recruit gets when they announce and reveal the big "secret", but I haven't heard anything about him going anywhere but Purdue.

It’s Purdue.

Reactions: GregJM24
With it being a class with 4 spots open, he would be a good start. I can see a lot of gaurds wantijg to get on board with our front line.

Are you all not expecting Hunter, Williams, Sasha, or Wheeler to use their extra year of eligibility they get from this season? I would have thought at least one or two of them would have stayed the extra year, but you are all talking about 4 spots open for that class.

Are you all not expecting Hunter, Williams, Sasha, or Wheeler to use their extra year of eligibility they get from this season? I would have thought at least one or two of them would have stayed the extra year, but you are all talking about 4 spots open for that class.
CMP would have to consent to them getting extra years. And he’s said he plans on over signing with the new transfer rule.

do they have to spend that extra year here? Or can they xfer and play it elsewhere?

Reactions: ChuckJr
Hunter would my guess if any of them. He hasn’t redshirted and is going to miss a good chunk of this year. Sasha and Wheeler on the other hand have already redshirted so idk if they’d do a 6th year. Trevion is likely getting paid to play somewhere by that time.

Id love for any of them to come back but with how well painter is starting to recruit and the reasons above I just don’t see it happening unless Hunter wants to come back.

Reactions: KingofJersey
Hunter would my guess if any of them. He hasn’t redshirted and is going to miss a good chunk of this year. Sasha and Wheeler on the other hand have already redshirted so idk if they’d do a 6th year. Trevion is likely getting paid to play somewhere by that time.

Id love for any of them to come back but with how well painter is starting to recruit and the reasons above I just don’t see it happening unless Hunter wants to come back.
This generation of kids seems to be focused on getting on with their lives. They are graduating early from high school, trying to do the same in college, and generally getting after it. I’d bet none of these kids stays an extra year, barring injury.

Reactions: Purdue85
This generation of kids seems to be focused on getting on with their lives. They are graduating early from high school, trying to do the same in college, and generally getting after it. I’d bet none of these kids stays an extra year, barring injury.

All that started because of Jess Settles. He was at Iowa for at least 9 years.

That p*ssed off kids, and will for generations ... and beyond.

:cool:

All that started because of Jess Settles. He was at Iowa for at least 9 years.

That p*ssed off kids, and will for generations ... and beyond.

:cool:

He foreshadowed the formal acknowledgment we all knew.....wanted to get more shots at THE most hated rival. The race is never over.

Reactions: Purdue85

My guess is Sasha comes back for a 6th year and becomes Purdue’s all time leading three point shooter.

Jess Settles was a player that would have looked good in a Purdue uniform (94-97, 99) Those Hawkeye teams were fun games back in the 90’s. My 2nd favorite team in the B1G. Probably their colors.

We'll lose a few guys to transfer over the next couple years and maybe have a couple guys transfer in. Its going to be hard to project what a roster will look like in 2, 3 or 4 years. You bring guys in, guys compete for minutes and the odd men out transfer. Its already been trending that way over the last several years and it will even get worse. Its the new reality. Just keep on upgrading the talent and let the chips fall where they may.

We'll lose a few guys to transfer over the next couple years and maybe have a couple guys transfer in. Its going to be hard to project what a roster will look like in 2, 3 or 4 years. You bring guys in, guys compete for minutes and the odd men out transfer. Its already been trending that way over the last several years and it will even get worse. Its the new reality. Just keep on upgrading the talent and let the chips fall where they may.

You always have to be looking to upgrade talent, regardless of what's already on the roster. Too many unknowns can and do happen.
Plus, if Painter is putting together what some are already thinking might be a FF and NC contender for the next 2-3 years, that might make Purdue a good landing spot for a couple of transfers who want to be a part of deep tournry runs and can help get us over that hump.

Reactions: Purdue80 and DAG10
Lol at so many of the Peegs poster claiming they don’t think he’s B10 material. I’m sure similar things were said about Mathias and Cline too. Painter certainly gets the benefit of the doubt here IMO.

We have been defeating those Loosiers since the beginning of time with guys that can shoot the hell out of the ball and have good basketball IQs.....guys they did not think were Big Ten material. Every year lately, one of their big deficiencies is that their guys cannot shoot consistently.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
II like the pick not because how great he is. but rather by his comments. he said painter was one of the first to recruit him, and painter explained to him how he would fit into his system. to me that speaks volumes about a coach who has a plan and goes out to find players early to fit that plan.

Great pick up. Guys like this work good at Purdue. Love what Coach Painter is putting together. On a side note, I think it’s funny that when I looked him up yesterday he was ranked 133 on the composite. Then I checked after he committed and he is now ranked 140. I’m starting to buy into the theory that guys drop in rank when they commit to Purdue lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Inspector100
Great pick up. Guys like this work good at Purdue. Love what Coach Painter is putting together. On a side note, I think it’s funny that when I looked him up yesterday he was ranked 133 on the composite. Then I checked after he committed and he is now ranked 140. I’m starting to buy into the theory that guys drop in rank when they commit to Purdue lol.
He is ranked 133 by 247 and his overall composite ranking is 140. It can be confusing depending on which page you are looking on. However, his ranking did not change.

We have been defeating those Loosiers since the beginning of time with guys that can shoot the hell out of the ball and have good basketball IQs.....guys they did not think were Big Ten material. Every year lately, one of their big deficiencies is that their guys cannot shoot consistently.

Well, since the beginning of the 20th century, anyway!

BoaT_racing_zpsbwxv7twr.jpg

Or as Dorksensetoo (a.k.a. Coach Geese, Indy_resident16, Randy Jenkins, IU baseball 10 through 14, etc., etc.) calls it: "The 120-year Perfect Storm."
laugh_r191677_zpsoq5gdrma.gif

WELCOME ABOARD FLETCHER!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT