ADVERTISEMENT

Essegian to portal

said it elsewhere but he isn’t the last one to leave Wisconsin. Gard hasn’t shown that he can carry on what he inherited just yet and their slow goon ball style isn’t cutting it. Will be funny if Storr ends up at Illinois.

Reactions: The Boiler Special
said it elsewhere but he isn’t the last one to leave Wisconsin. Gard hasn’t shown that he can carry on what he inherited just yet and their slow goon ball style isn’t cutting it. Will be funny if Storr ends up at Illinois.
Any chance Gard gets fired yet this offseason?

Happy to say we don't need or have room for him. IU fans are salivating though.

during recruitment I believe some were sayin he was a Mich fan growing up, who knows maybe he ends up there or go to a place like Oakland and bomb 3's away. I think he has defensive deficiencies

He’s a good player, if Purdue needed him or had room I’d be fine with him, they don’t, I can see IU making a play for him.

He’s a good player, if Purdue needed him or had room I’d be fine with him, they don’t, I can see IU making a play for him.
He’s worse than 3-months-ago-Colvin on defense. He’d basically have to be fletch’s backup.

Btw, I believe Colvin is good now on defense (just wanted to clear that up)

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
He’s worse than 3-months-ago-Colvin on defense. He’d basically have to be fletch’s backup.

Btw, I believe Colvin is good now on defense (just wanted to clear that up)
Yea, he’d be a solid backup, I’m sure he wants starter minutes. I really didn’t analyze his defense though, I’ll take your word on it. I can see ND, Butler, IU, maybe even DePaul with Holtman as Coach.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
For IU, if they want to replace Galloway...

I'm not sure he's as good as Galloway yet.
Essesgian hits FTs at about 90% - Galloway is 55%.

Even in a lower volume and minute situation, he still hit 30% from 3 where Galloway was 26%.

One is a threat to score, the other is famous for leaving his Purdue recruiting merch on his front steps like a rebel.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

Even in a lower volume and minute situation, he still hit 30% from 3 where Galloway was 26%.

One is a threat to score, the other is famous for leaving his Purdue recruiting merch on his front steps like a rebel.
I dunno beef, it’s worked out pretty well for gallo right?

He only missed out on a BTT championship, 2 outright BIG regular season championships, going undefeated in 3 straight years vs non conf P5 opponents, winning in season tournaments, 4 straight trips to the NCAAT, AT least 2 S16s (hopefully it’ll be farther), being ranked number 1 3 straight years and having a winning record vs your in state rival. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

I hadn't heard about the Purdue merch. Seems his "loyalty" to Indinia didn't take him far. And didn't last long.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I hadn't heard about the Purdue merch. Seems his "loyalty" to Indinia didn't take him far. And didn't last long.
There was a post he had on social media after he committed to IU. I’ll see if I can find it. Worth a good laugh because that didn’t work out so well.

I dunno beef, it’s worked out pretty well for gallo right?

He only missed out on a BTT championship, 2 outright BIG regular season championships, going undefeated in 3 straight years vs non conf P5 opponents, winning in season tournaments, 4 straight trips to the NCAAT, AT least 2 S16s (hopefully it’ll be farther), being ranked number 1 3 straight years and having a winning record vs your in state rival. Did I miss anything?
He wouldn't have had to wear those ridiculous clown pants!

Their fans comment on every kid entering the portal with “come be a Hoosier” or whatever. It is sort of funny.
I just checked the IUStar website. Big article about players in the portal for IU to consider. I don't subscribe, so I don't know the content.

Well there’s like 1,000 kids already in portal..so just understand that all 1,000 want to go to IU…errr that’s what Indinia fans think. So that’s the list basically.
Wow! What would the screening process be? Just take the first 12 I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I thought it was trending toward that a month ago, but he finished strong and saved his job. I think I am happy about that because Gard is not the best. If they hired a great coach the B1G would get harder for us. :D
I know that Wisconsin fans thought they’d get Otz from Iowa state…which ain’t happening

I thought it was trending toward that a month ago, but he finished strong and saved his job. I think I am happy about that because Gard is not the best. If they hired a great coach the B1G would get harder for us. :D
The Chryst firing had to be a little bit of a wake up call for him.

I would prioritize a forward like Trey Townsend, and a shooter like Essigian if I had a 2-3 other of the right pieces to go with those 2. Not sure iu does, maybe that's Michigan? Not sure either can keep what little talent they have in the fold? Lots of competition and money out there though for players like Townsend & even for a marginal player like Essigian.

I would prioritize a forward like Trey Townsend, and a shooter like Essigian if I had a 2-3 other of the right pieces to go with those 2. Not sure iu does, maybe that's Michigan? Not sure either can keep what little talent they have in the fold? Lots of competition and money out there though for players like Townsend & even for a marginal player like Essigian.
Wonder how many FAU guys Dusty brings over. Davis, Martin and Vlad all have another year left….so it’d be interesting if they all come over and he adds some pieces like the two you mentioned plus a few more, what Michigan may look like next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT