ADVERTISEMENT

Enough is Enough

This coaching staff needs to go. Took over a team consistently in the top 10-15 for many years straight. And have made it a laughing stock. Embarrassing losses each year. Have to either go after Steph White or Katie Geralds.
Absolutely right. Purdue women’s basketball is officially dead.

This is a young team with an injured front line that despite horrendous shooting almost took
A veteran ball stTe team down.
StTe has to hit two 3’s, one a desperation bank shot to beat them!
They are learning and have good recruits coming in. Thus is a nit team at best
And don’t know yet because front line help coming and teM will
Learn.
Please forget 15 years ago
Like most bt teams it is just about the conference. This team also missed a ton of good look 3’s which doesn’t ajwsys happen.
They are very young g

In retrospect, Burke hired and retained some pretty lousy coaches. He got Tiller right, but I think this was luck as he really wanted Davies. Hope and Hazell were putrid. His baseball coaches were mediocre (Alexander and Schreiber), Painter has been slightly above average but has been unable to recruit IN, and women's basketball has been abysmal after being a consistent national contender.

There is no reason for this gross underperformance, although Burke made it harder to correct by resigning Versyp to a longer contract.

My guess is that Bobinski will not tolerate Versyp's inability to reach even a reasonable level of performance with this once proud program. Get somebody in here who can recruit and actually keep kids here. Versyp's public belittling of her players stands in stark contrast to Brohm's taking responsibility and holding his coaches accountable.

Last edited:
This is a young team with an injured front line that despite horrendous shooting almost took
A veteran ball stTe team down.
StTe has to hit two 3’s, one a desperation bank shot to beat them!
They are learning and have good recruits coming in. Thus is a nit team at best
And don’t know yet because front line help coming and teM will
Learn.
Please forget 15 years ago
Like most bt teams it is just about the conference. This team also missed a ton of good look 3’s which doesn’t ajwsys happen.
They are very young g
They didn’t “almost “ beat BSU. For most of the 4th qtr they trailed by 7-9 pts.
And why should the fans forget Purdues history?

Because of the changed nature of wbb it ain’t happening g fir most teams so
Yiu can choose to live in the past
Yes last years team lost to main and lost to Nd in ot on their floor to just miss the 16
A season is not over in 9
Games

Reactions: DocRon
This coaching staff needs to go. Took over a team consistently in the top 10-15 for many years straight. And have made it a laughing stock. Embarrassing losses each year. Have to either go after Steph White or Katie Geralds.

Hope White is never coach here. If she has any success at Vanderbilt she will probably stay there anyway. Thus far she has been absolutely terrible at Vanderbilt anyway.

They didn’t “almost “ beat BSU. For most of the 4th qtr they trailed by 7-9 pts.
And why should the fans forget Purdues history?
Tradition has become history. What a shame. More unforced turnovers in the first 5 minutes tonight than points. Lazy passes. Bad shot selection. One player dribbles while the other 4 watch. Then, another dribbles while everyone watches. Grumblings are getting louder. Fans are tired of watching poorly coached basketball. I can't give my club seats away. Local HS coaches can't find anyone who wants them!

Didn’t see what you saw
Young uneven team
Played poorly and played well which makes sense with mostly fresh soph

Enough with the young team excuse. They are young because Versyp cannot retain the players she recruits. And they have no front court because Versyp cannot retain the players she recruits. Now she is ripping on McLaughlin, who is a freshman, and a player we are darn lucky to have. Let's see if Versyp can chase her away as well. Sad.

Didn’t see what you saw
Young uneven team
Played poorly and played well which makes sense with mostly fresh soph
18 turnovers! And that’s not a high number for a Versyp coached team. I’m surprised you’re expectations are so low.

Enough with the young team excuse. They are young because Versyp cannot retain the players she recruits. And they have no front court because Versyp cannot retain the players she recruits. Now she is ripping on McLaughlin, who is a freshman, and a player we are darn lucky to have. Let's see if Versyp can chase her away as well. Sad.
Their training shorts said NO EXCUSES, what a joke from Versyp. Players can't have excuses but coaches can.

Sadly, I agree that it is time for a change. I have been a Versyp supporter for some time, but the team continues on a downhill trajectory. Long term, we are getting weaker and weaker. There are some good players on the team, but the group does not play as a team. That’s on the coaching staff. Any lack of talent... that’s on the staff. Team too young? That’s on the staff. Time for a change.

Is a team of 5 point guards on the floor for Purdue during the Ball State game alarming anyone besides myself? When Harris gets in foul trouble, Sharon reaches out to the bench and finds that's it's all point guards, or so-called "combo" guards and none of them are taller than 5'9, and not only that, they can't shoot. WTF?

It's why they're doing so well this season and getting beat on their home court by freaking Ball State. #noted

And you can state it in 8 different threads after each game if it makes you feel better. It is what it is at this point. They're going to have to deal with it as best they can.

Yes reference back to wild trashing of coach
V at this point last season
Then fast foreword :)

And you can state it in 8 different threads after each game if it makes you feel better. It is what it is at this point. They're going to have to deal with it as best they can.
And the best way would be get a new HC that knows what she's doing. ..... You sit here and rag on Versyp and I tell you why she's not succeeding, ie. recruiting the wrong players and needlessly loading up on guards while teams with huge front courts are destroying Purdue and you criticize me????? #Goodgrief

And the best way would be get a new HC that knows what she's doing. ..... You sit here and rag on Versyp and I tell you why she's not succeeding, ie. recruiting the wrong players and needlessly loading up on guards while teams with huge front courts are destroying Purdue and you criticize me????? #Goodgrief

I'm not ragging on anyone. I am hoping for better results. Well aware of what the issues are right now. I just think it's almost comical that you pick one of them and harp on it over and over and over.

Yes reference back to wild trashing of coach
V at this point last season
Then fast foreword :)
Fast forward to what? We lost in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Is that supposed to be progress. Please don’t say we “almost” beat ND, they were without their best player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT