ADVERTISEMENT

DOJ squeezes in one more cover up on last day of the year

I don’t think the contributions themselves weren’t illegal. If you’re concerned about dark money being funneled to politicians then you should be arguing to change campaign finance regulations.

The problem was it was money from investors.
So SBF knows all the dark money channels or he was being directed there...I wonder who would direct him there and why?

So @Riveting- because you are popping out a 'sad emoji', for the umpteenth time I will make another attempt at being straightforward with you to see if you can respond similarly and hopefully do better:
  1. Post #1 in this thread - You start a substantive thread with a link to an article that six counts against convicted fraudster Sam Bankman Fried were being dropped, and state it was to "Protect those establishment hacks who took money from SBF."
  2. I respond in posts #15 and 17 on that exact topic, stating that "(SBF) is already convicted and looking at 50 years under the guidelines and 100 years under the statutory maximums already. Do you think that it’s a wise use of taxpayer money to have an additional long extended trial, and if convicted have him serve a concurrent sentence, on other charges?" No snarkiness; no insults; on point, no mention of you.
Yes, there should be an investigation of potential bribery, since the money was stolen from citizens.

There is a public good in getting to the bottom of these 'donations' to people and pacs. This is similar to the public good many believe comes from prosecuting hate crime laws, even though there are already laws against murder and so forth that make hate crime prosecutions redundant.

1. Your first response to me is in post #23, where you state, "You being 'focused' is also pretty funny. I was hoping you would 'focus' on your dramatic exit message, including an apology for lying about Ashley Biden, and then slither back to your native clownpants forum. That would have been a good way for this forum to start the new year." Condescending and completely off-topic
And only then do I call you out by not taking that sh!t from you. Now do you see how this goes and how you can avoid being 'sad'?
I can avoid being sad if you will man or woman up and apologize for desecrating this forum by lying about Ashley Biden to advance your argument.

Just because you are a self-admitted hoosier fan doesn't mean you can come on a Purdue forum and expect to be treated with the soft bigotry of low ethical expectations that presumably is practiced on the clownpants forums you came from.

So SBF knows all the dark money channels or he was being directed there...I wonder who would direct him there and why?
Being directed there? What does that mean? Your question is based on that assumption. Makes no sense.

I have no idea…….but logic says he was giving donations to politicians who could help him in one way or another. This bothers you? Hate to break it to you. This is how our system works, for both parties. Maybe you should question your own party who fights against campaign finance reform at every turn.

Being directed there? What does that mean? Your question is based on that assumption. Makes no sense.

I have no idea…….but logic says he was giving donations to politicians who could help him in one way or another. This bothers you? Hate to break it to you. This is how our system works, for both parties. Maybe you should question your own party who fights against campaign finance reform at every turn.
haha why fight it if it won't get investigated anyway? what good is a law that's not enforced! a liberal ought to know!

I wasn’t replying to his point. I was talking about your thread. You said there was a coverup intended to protect the establishment. You ignore the facts of the case and draw your conclusions from a tweet.
The tweet was from an article on Fox News. I thought you and the other libs would appreciate a video of dem icon Auntie Maxine blowing a kiss to sbf, which was nicely symbolic of the entire scam he put over the public while buying influence in DC from hacks like her.

You ignored my post which actually addressed the question you used as a diversion. Wtf do you want dude? You badger people about not answering your tired old questions that you bring up out of nowhere. Then you ignore the replies…….apparently because they don’t fit into your neat little talking points.
I asked you specifically above what question were you claiming that I DUCKED (using your favorite rant font). You never answered THAT question, did you?

Now you bring up YET ANOTHER question from weeks or months ago. Why should I give a rats ass about answering any of your questions when YOU don’t reply? The very same thing you accuse others of……CONSTANTLY.
You have clearly implied that Fox News is not a balanced news source on several occasions on this board, but have been too frightened to indicate which news sources you follow. You could do it off the top of your head. Why are you afraid?

Is your theory that SBF, out of the goodness of his heart, gave these PACs millions? Or perhaps this was a coordinated effort to buy influence, that if investigated, communications may come to the surface that would support that...and would be embarrassing to some very powerful people.

haha why fight it if it won't get investigated anyway? what good is a law that's not enforced! a liberal ought to know!
Just wondering and not trying to be snarky; if Trump is tried and convicted in Georgia State Court and is sentenced to prison for a very, very long time, would you then be in favor of putting him in shackles on the bus (no special treatment for politicians) to the federal courthouses for both of those trials too? Keep in mind; each of those trials has distinct statutory violations in separate jurisdictions.

If you're being consistent I would expect the answer to be "yes."

Is your theory that SBF, out of the goodness of his heart, gave these PACs millions? Or perhaps this was a coordinated effort to buy influence, that if investigated, communications may come to the surface that would support that...and would be embarrassing to some very powerful people.
Lol. No, my theory is just WHAT I POSTED ABOVE.

“but logic says he was giving donations to politicians who could help him in one way or another. “

You live in a cave? This is politics in America. Again, if this bothers you, then say something when republicans are caught making illegal campaign contributions. Jfc. It’s like you just got chiseled out of the ice.

Lol. No, my theory is just WHAT I POSTED ABOVE.

“but logic says he was giving donations to politicians who could help him in one way or another. “

You live in a cave? This is politics in America. Again, if this bothers you, then say something when republicans are caught making illegal campaign contributions. Jfc. It’s like you just got chiseled out of the ice.
Republicans were part of this too numbnuts. Wonder how your story would change if it were the Donald getting all the cash?

I get my news from PBS, just like you……you lyin’ pos.

I have no more desire to be your entertainment.

Calling people “Afraid and frightened “ is just your pathetic way of getting people to pay attention to you. But if you think I am either of those, come on down to NC and we’ll talk about it.
Why else would you refuse to answer such a simple question, you lyin dog-faced pony soldier?

I think you are both of those, not just either. You come to Arizona and we'll talk about it, tough guy - in a neighborhood near your hero Ray Epps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT