ADVERTISEMENT

Do we want NC state or Duke?

Treat Burns like Knecht. Be cool if he gets 30. Zach gets more and the rest of our team beats the rest of their team.

We got our ice cold shooting out of the way, so I expect some positive regression on Saturday.

Just don't let Burns get Edey in foul trouble and make Burns work on the defensive end against Edey.

Treat Burns like Knecht. Be cool if he gets 30. Zach gets more and the rest of our team beats the rest of their team.

We got our ice cold shooting out of the way, so I expect some positive regression on Saturday.

Just don't let Burns get Edey in foul trouble and make Burns work on the defensive end against Edey.
Burns may one of a few player who has the body to contend with Zach. That said, I think he gets in foul trouble quickly.

Burns may one of a few player who has the body to contend with Zach. That said, I think he gets in foul trouble quickly.
I think he may have the weight but he doesn't have the height or the conditioning that Zach has.

I think he may have the weight but he doesn't have the height or the conditioning that Zach has.
I've actually been surprised by his conditioning. First time I watched him, I thought this fat boy is gonna be spent by the half. Can he handle Zach, it will be a test for sure.

I forgot to compliment Gillis today. Shot didn't fall, but he did a lot of little things for the team today that was a huge part of the win. And Heide played some decent defense during his time.

If mass on mass, my money is on the guy 5" taller and 25 lbs heavier
In that scenario thr guy way shorter and lower center of gravity has the advantage in terms of who moves who.

I still think edey has the overall advantage on both ends due to the height but I dont think he will be able to move burns, he will have to do a LOT of work before getting the ball because he isnt moving him after, but burns shouldnt be able to challenge edeys hook shots what so ever

I've actually been surprised by his conditioning. First time I watched him, I thought this fat boy is gonna be spent by the half. Can he handle Zach, it will be a test for sure.

I forgot to compliment Gillis today. Shot didn't fall, but he did a lot of little things for the team today that was a huge part of the win. And Heide played some decent defense during his time.
At least a couple of times today he was moving slow back up the court and he only averages I believe 25 minutes a game.

I absolutely hate Duke and their is a bad history there too so definitely happy to see NC State prevail. Boiler Up and let's get to the final on Monday!

I thought Gillis played an important role, too. A lot of it didn't show up in the stat sheet, but he played on both ends of the court.

I know Painter will have the players respecting NC State. They beat Duke twice, one seed N Carolina and Marquette the last 17 days. They are a hot team. Hopefully Purdue will return to form shooting the three. If they do and Zach stays out of foul trouble it should be a more comfortable win. If they shoot 20% from three again it will be another grinder.

I thought Gillis played an important role, too. A lot of it didn't show up in the stat sheet, but he played on both ends of the court.

Yes - 8 big boards and three assists even without scoring had a big impact in 26 minutes. Still had to guard him, too.....and he could handle the toughness of the Tennessee bigs giving it right back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT