ADVERTISEMENT

Did Purdue get a commit this evening?

OK< good ... but your quote indicated that unless we were first, we were last. That's exactly what it says. No indication there that we are only last for 3 or 4 days.
My quote was to say.... "If we don't finish first (or final 4), then I see it as a disappointment, but I'm only upset about it for a couple days... not all year".

Yep I'm a troll I'm an idiot but everything I say makes complete sense. I do you a favor I'll stop coming to this board since true fans don't exist here. A true boilermaker fan once nothing else but a final four. You have fun with your coach I'll be back in 5 to 6 years and I asked the same question do you still like painter. We've had one chance at a final four and Cuonzo Martin was the one who put that team together at least the core of it. Haven't had a recruiting class like that since he's left. Starting to think there's very few Purdue fans that know little about basketball and what it takes to get to the top. I'm going to put this out here our football team will reach a Rose Bowl before painter gets to a final four. Hell they'll be in the final four in football before Purdue basketball team gets to a final four. Signing out see you
Thank whatever spiritual leader everyone believes in ....

I do you a favor I'll stop coming to this board since true fans don't exist here.

86e423b9ef58f78116a8c8b0be94be6446ec2af99ecb9fc0439b39abf87e20d5.jpg

Yep I'm a troll I'm an idiot but everything I say makes complete sense. I do you a favor I'll stop coming to this board since true fans don't exist here. A true boilermaker fan once nothing else but a final four. You have fun with your coach I'll be back in 5 to 6 years and I asked the same question do you still like painter. We've had one chance at a final four and Cuonzo Martin was the one who put that team together at least the core of it. Haven't had a recruiting class like that since he's left. Starting to think there's very few Purdue fans that know little about basketball and what it takes to get to the top. I'm going to put this out here our football team will reach a Rose Bowl before painter gets to a final four. Hell they'll be in the final four in football before Purdue basketball team gets to a final four. Signing out see you
Great. Thanks
You will be easy to forget.

As the great Ricky Bobby once said... " If you ain't first, you're last". We don't need participation trophies.
Do Dah Day can answer, but I don't think it is not about participation trophies, but rather based on a hand selected opponent at a hand selected site for a given occurence rather than the long haul play relative to importance. I'm sure he wants Purdue to do well since a lot of hype is on the tourney. The NCAA has to have the hype for the money. It is just that he understands a data point doesn't obscure a lot of data points...whether that data point is anomaly or not. If it wasn't for the hype generated in fans...and in players, I would much rather see a round robin conference where only conference champs go or everyone goes rather than preferential treatment. I'll take the field now and others can pick their team because it is a crap shoot. I'm about as far removed from participation trophies as anyone you could ever encounter, but I also don't let teh tourney define success. Others do and I understand that. I'm just not as moved by the media on a lot of things as some...probably a minority in that respect.

Do Dah Day can answer, but I don't think it is not about participation trophies, but rather based on a hand selected opponent at a hand selected site for a given occurence rather than the long haul play relative to importance. I'm sure he wants Purdue to do well since a lot of hype is on the tourney. The NCAA has to have the hype for the money. It is just that he understands a data point doesn't obscure a lot of data points...whether that data point is anomaly or not. If it wasn't for the hype generated in fans...and in players, I would much rather see a round robin conference where only conference champs go or everyone goes rather than preferential treatment. I'll take the field now and others can pick their team because it is a crap shoot. I'm about as far removed from participation trophies as anyone you could ever encounter, but I also don't let teh tourney define success. Others do and I understand that. I'm just not as moved by the media on a lot of things as some...probably a minority in that respect.

I fully enjoy the season and I don't put everything on the tourney.

That said, let's don't act like this is some recent phenomenon that is only generated by the "media". The tourney has been wildly popular for decades and the importance of doing well in it can't be denied. Just because we haven't enjoyed that much success in it doesn't mean that it isn't important, especially to future recruiting.

As far as "taking the field now" that has always been the case. I don't know what you mean by "now". I think taking the field of 60+ teams will always be the best bet over any 1 individual team.

My point (and I have no way to prove it) is if PU would have had some serious success in the "crap shoot" there would be many more folks on here that would like the tournament and put more emphasis on it. Because we haven't, it's pretty easy to say it isn't important or isn't a good measurement of a program. I think it's possible to enjoy the regular season and also put a serious level of importance on the post season. I for one, do that every year.

WHOA good buddy - no passing the baton in this cesspool. But Tynd10 and I are all good at this specific moment in time. Check back in an hour or so .... But hell yeah, I party at least 25 times every winter 'cuz the boilers were FUN to watch --- better than about 331 other teams were over the season.

Keep on truckin' ....

Reactions: tjreese and tynd10
I fully enjoy the season and I don't put everything on the tourney. I think it's possible to enjoy the regular season and also put a serious level of importance on the post season. I for one, do that every year.
Yep, well said ... I'm just done with those who judge our program on one day in March.

I fully enjoy the season and I don't put everything on the tourney.

That said, let's don't act like this is some recent phenomenon that is only generated by the "media". The tourney has been wildly popular for decades and the importance of doing well in it can't be denied. Just because we haven't enjoyed that much success in it doesn't mean that it isn't important, especially to future recruiting.

As far as "taking the field now" that has always been the case. I don't know what you mean by "now". I think taking the field of 60+ teams will always be the best bet over any 1 individual team.

My point (and I have no way to prove it) is if PU would have had some serious success in the "crap shoot" there would be many more folks on here that would like the tournament and put more emphasis on it. Because we haven't, it's pretty easy to say it isn't important or isn't a good measurement of a program. I think it's possible to enjoy the regular season and also put a serious level of importance on the post season. I for one, do that every year.
Well, actually most of that are agreements with me. It is important in recruiting. I would take the field now...just in case anyone thinks the winner is always the best team..pick them. Actually, the tourney success would help with recruiting... that "I" would care about, but the success...nah good for the kids...does nothing for me or my ego...I accept being the minority...doesn't bother me at all...
The tourney is much more popular than years ago and it has grown in popularity...probably another reason why people go out of state to "blue blood " programs more today...

That's a fair way to look at it. I Put more weight in tourney success which I believe is also fair. For example: if Purdue finished 7th in the big ten, and barely made the tourney, but went on to a final 4, I would enjoy that more than winning the big ten championship and losing in the round of 32. To each their own though. I respect your view.

WHOA good buddy - no passing the baton in this cesspool. But Tynd10 and I are all good at this specific moment in time. Check back in an hour or so .... But hell yeah, I party at least 25 times every winter 'cuz the boilers were FUN to watch --- better than about 331 other teams were over the season.

Keep on truckin' ....
answered that before I saw you did. I started at the bottom of my updates ;)

That's a fair way to look at it. I Put more weight in tourney success which I believe is also fair. For example: if Purdue finished 7th in the big ten, and barely made the tourney, but went on to a final 4, I would enjoy that more than winning the big ten championship and losing in the round of 32. To each their own though. I respect your view.
I know I am in the minority. Now, there are things that would make me like the tourney more, but they will never happen and so no reason to expect or discuss such. ;)

Reactions: tynd10
The best thing you said is you will leave This board,but than you say you will be back in 5/6 years basically will be gloating that purdue hasn't been to a final 4 and you think we are not true boiler fans bcuz some of us are not over obsessed that purdue hasn't been to an elite or final 4. If you really think painter don't want to win a national championship than you are clearly delusional than I thought. Well plz do what you say you gonna do bounce they the team don't neeed your negative energy. You feel purdue got project players , a coach who can't recruit all American players and in state all American players that he is a failure bcuz he hasn't landed those players. Ease your mind sir this team with projects and the projects in next years class will be the team on next years roster and my suggestion you move on so you don't be disappointed again if this team don't make a final 4. You a fan boy I have never ever heard a fan make down right out classless comments about college age kids who owe you nothing and a coach who seems to be turning this program around for good and yet you still have something to say about this team you call projects. By the way this team this season will be better than you think with it's projects and I see thin going very far in the NCAA tournament including a final 4. So if you will do all of us a favor do what you said LEAVE the board or be a fan and let's try to think positive about a team that has jumped in rankings to #14 from June when some didn't even have them in the top 25. Have a great day sir.

The best thing you said is you will leave This board,but than you say you will be back in 5/6 years basically will be gloating that purdue hasn't been to a final 4 and you think we are not true boiler fans bcuz some of us are not over obsessed that purdue hasn't been to an elite or final 4. If you really think painter don't want to win a national championship than you are clearly delusional than I thought. Well plz do what you say you gonna do bounce they the team don't neeed your negative energy. You feel purdue got project players , a coach who can't recruit all American players and in state all American players that he is a failure bcuz he hasn't landed those players. Ease your mind sir this team with projects and the projects in next years class will be the team on next years roster and my suggestion you move on so you don't be disappointed again if this team don't make a final 4. You a fan boy I have never ever heard a fan make down right out classless comments about college age kids who owe you nothing and a coach who seems to be turning this program around for good and yet you still have something to say about this team you call projects. By the way this team this season will be better than you think with it's projects and I see thin going very far in the NCAA tournament including a final 4. So if you will do all of us a favor do what you said LEAVE the board or be a fan and let's try to think positive about a team that has jumped in rankings to #14 from June when some didn't even have them in the top 25. Have a great day sir.
You're my hero. I am so glad your son is a Boiler :)

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
There is a quote Matt painter said in one of his many interviews he talked about winning the Big Ten tournament and national championship. Winning the big ten is a great accomplishment but his emphasis was more of trying to be prepared to winning a natl championship more than winning the big ten title. My son chose this school also bcuz the experience on the roster and very good recruiting class that came in with him that he feels bcuz he tells me all the time this team we have has a chance to get to a final 4 he feels he can help this team get there and I believe in my son and he knows what he sees. So Imma put my faith in my son in what he sees and role with him and this team bcuz I see a team as I have been saying will be scary good by time the NCAA tournament begins. Boiler up let's all stay positive.

There is a quote Matt painter said in one of his many interviews he talked about winning the Big Ten tournament and national championship. Winning the big ten is a great accomplishment but his emphasis was more of trying to be prepared to winning a natl championship more than winning the big ten title.

i heart coach painter

my biggest concern about the final four... is how much $ I may dish out to watch purdue

painter2.png

Reactions: TX4GB
Well, actually most of that are agreements with me. It is important in recruiting. I would take the field now...just in case anyone thinks the winner is always the best team..pick them. Actually, the tourney success would help with recruiting... that "I" would care about, but the success...nah good for the kids...does nothing for me or my ego...I accept being the minority...doesn't bother me at all...
The tourney is much more popular than years ago and it has grown in popularity...probably another reason why people go out of state to "blue blood " programs more today...

Who is the "best team". At the end of the season there are always multiple teams that could be considered the best. I don't know why you would want the "best team" whoever that is to win every year??

You may not want to admit it, but you would be a fan of the tournament if PU had the success of say Duke, UNC or KS. We haven't, so it's easy to say the tournament is flawed.

I don't know how far back you are going with "years ago"? If you're saying it's more popular than 30 years ago, ok. But it has been very popular for the past 20 years. It isn't a flash in the pan or something that just became popular recently.

Don't be so hard on yourself, trolls usually have some dignity. The idiot part?..hmm, I can't help you there. Was that I do you a favor thing a promise?

Who is the "best team". At the end of the season there are always multiple teams that could be considered the best. I don't know why you would want the "best team" whoever that is to win every year??

You may not want to admit it, but you would be a fan of the tournament if PU had the success of say Duke, UNC or KS. We haven't, so it's easy to say the tournament is flawed.

I don't know how far back you are going with "years ago"? If you're saying it's more popular than 30 years ago, ok. But it has been very popular for the past 20 years. It isn't a flash in the pan or something that just became popular recently.
Well, I can't say for certain whether I would be a fan or not. You could be right, but at this time I don't think you are. I'm not near the fan of the Big championship as I was when there was a round robin because I think teh scheduling is not equal. Now, if you win it by playing the tough teams at their place...then that is different than not playing them there. The fact the tourney means less to me than some others ...I believe has nothing to do with success, but rather bias because it leave teh impression that the best team at that time won and I can't begin to support that hypothesis stictly on a statistical basis...totally devoid of likes and dislikes. However, it is what it is and those that place it at the top have their opinion and that is fine. I have no desire to attempt to change them. FWIW, I have never voted for what I thought was best for me...ever. I always voted for what was best in my mind. I may have made mistakes, but my intent was not to like or dislike something that was best for me. Right or wrong..years ago I didn't want GM bailed out adn it would have cost me my job "there", but I thought it was a mistake to have them not go through bankruptcy. If I was wrong or right...what was best for me was not what I wanted...just the way I am wired...

Reactions: Dakota Girl

I must be missing something - Kansas has had "great" success? Given the fact they go every year and often as a #1 seed I'd say they have had mediocre success. They won a decade ago, 30 years ago and when Abe was president. This goes to show you what the media can do for you. Kansas has flamed out over and over but they are a "great" team. Since it became popular the last 20 years (your words) or so they have won the tourney one time. And to be honest it was kinda flukey with Danny and the miracles in 88. Yet there are a lot of fans ready to dump on Purdue because they can't win a ship - something a "great" team like KU has done one time in 3 decades. Give Purdue the starting slots KU, Ky, Duke and UNC always seem to "earn" and I would imagine the results would be quite different for Purdue. Hell Purdue wins the Big and we get crap seeds. Would never happen with KU or Duke. Last year we won the Big by two games and get to play Kansas in an away game. Fock the NCAA.

Last edited:
I can handle it for sure but I will not let anybody steal my joy as a mother who proudest moment will be when my son put on that #20 purdue uniform like he did with that USA uniform and watch my son do his thang. Proud mother I am bcuz I no what it took for him to get to were he is today.

It sounds like you know what to expect here! Not that you need it, but rest assured that 99.98% of the Purdue fans are indeed very happy with not only your son choosing Purdue but each of the recruits!

Heck, speaking of bashing, a few years ago some pile of puke on here (probably that John Hoosier Hick or '73) had the AUDACITY to say that Raphael Davis wasn't a D1 player. Ray Davis!!! Arguably the most important player the program has had in the past 15 years. Just smh at a couple of these miserable mopes.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I must be missing something - Kansas has had "great" success? Given the fact they go every year and often as a #1 seed I'd say they have had mediocre success. They won a decade ago, 30 years ago and when Abe was president. This goes to show you what the media can do for you. Kansas has flamed out over and over but they are a "great" team. Since it became popular the last 20 years (your words) or so they have won the tourney one time. And to be honest it was kinda flukey with Danny and the miracles in 88. Yet there are a lot of fans ready to dump on Purdue because they can't win a ship - something a "great" team like KU has done one time in 3 decades. Give Purdue the starting slots KU, Ky, Duke and UNC always seem to "earn" and I would imagine the results would be quite different for Purdue. Hell Purdue wins the Big and we get crap seeds. Would never happen with KU or Duke. Last year we won the Big by two games and get to play Kansas in an away game. Fock the NCAA.

You are judging tourney success as one thing, winning the championship. I never defined it that way, you did. Kansas has been to 14 final fours. I personally define that as highly successful. You, me and every other PU poster on here would be thrilled if PU had been to half that many and you know it.

The reason they go as a high seed every year is because they win a lot of games. Many on here have said they value a regular season over the tourney. I have no problem with that, it's how they feel. But you can't then complain when a team has a better regular season than we do and they get a higher seed. PU won the B1G by 2 games, we also lost to Iowa and Nebraska in addition to losing the 2 biggest games on our schedule (Louisville and Villanova). We had a good season, but by no means a great one that deserved a higher seed. Last year at tourney time the vast majority on here said 3 or 4 seed was the best we could hope for and we got a 4.

Lastly, I never "dumped" on PU. I think my posting history here speaks for itself. I love my school and its basketball program. But I'm also realistic enough to recognize that we are not in the same group as the teams I mentioned. Start winning the big games in the regular season, get to some Final Fours and we will be.

I was rushed to a visitation yesterday and probably didn't express myself very well. Make no mistake I want Purdue to do well in the tourney. I want those kids to get as far and go as deep as possible. These players only know the tourney as it is, and the "big stage" it represents and I want them to accomplish their goals...dreams etc. No question the "big stage" is a major boost in recruiting...if not immediately...soon after. Yes, I want Purdue to do very well and would love for them to win the tourney every year.

Where I differ from some is that I do NOT see it as an end all and it does NOT provide my evaluation for how good a team was that year. My judgement and pecking order of teams are not defined by how well they do in a tourney. This stance I know is a minority and perhaps I'm the only one and that is fine. So, yes I very much want Purdue to do well in the tourney, but do not have the same infatuation with the tourney (for a few reasons) that some of the posters do as we have witnessed in various posts. That is not to say who is right or wrong...we may just not agree on who is the prettiest girl...

I'm a big fan of Focking the NCAA!

As the great Ricky Bobby once said... " If you ain't first, you're last". We don't need participation trophies.
But anyone who takes the loss of a game played by a bunch of college kids so personal, to the point where you feel like you finish last... well, I definitely see Do Dah's point.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
But anyone who takes the loss of a game played by a bunch of college kids so personal, to the point where you feel like you finish last... well, I definitely see Do Dah's point.
I could be wrong, but I feel like you comment on 99% of my posts.... obsessed?

Ahhh Ohhhh.
Why you so obsessed with me?
Boy I want to know, lyin' that you're sexing me.
When everybody knows, it's clear that you're upset with me.
Ohh, finally found a girl that you couldn't impress,
Last man on the earth, still couldn't get this.

You're delusional, you're delusional,
Boy you're losing your mind.
It's confusing yo, you're confused you know,
Why you wasting your time?
Got you all fired up, with your Napoleon complex,
Seein' right through you like you're bathin' in Windex.
~~~ Mariah Carey

Ahhh Ohhhh.
Why you so obsessed with me?
Boy I want to know, lyin' that you're sexing me.
When everybody knows, it's clear that you're upset with me.
Ohh, finally found a girl that you couldn't impress,
Last man on the earth, still couldn't get this.

You're delusional, you're delusional,
Boy you're losing your mind.
It's confusing yo, you're confused you know,
Why you wasting your time?
Got you all fired up, with your Napoleon complex,
Seein' right through you like you're bathin' in Windex.
~~~ Mariah Carey
Great song haha

Just a hunch, but maybe the "nd" in your name is inherently offensive to Purdue fans similar to an "iu" or "Hoosier" putting folks subconsciously on guard and they scrutinize posts more.

Hmm. 99% of your posts? Have I responded to any of your posts other than this one? Are you so sensitive that you keep track of who responds to your posts?

Just a hunch, but maybe the "nd" in your name is inherently offensive to Purdue fans similar to an "iu" or "Hoosier" putting folks subconsciously on guard and they scrutinize posts more.
"tynd" is the 1st 4 letters of my last name haha. I see the confusion though!

You are judging tourney success as one thing, winning the championship. I never defined it that way, you did. Kansas has been to 14 final fours. I personally define that as highly successful. You, me and every other PU poster on here would be thrilled if PU had been to half that many and you know it.

The reason they go as a high seed every year is because they win a lot of games. Many on here have said they value a regular season over the tourney. I have no problem with that, it's how they feel. But you can't then complain when a team has a better regular season than we do and they get a higher seed. PU won the B1G by 2 games, we also lost to Iowa and Nebraska in addition to losing the 2 biggest games on our schedule (Louisville and Villanova). We had a good season, but by no means a great one that deserved a higher seed. Last year at tourney time the vast majority on here said 3 or 4 seed was the best we could hope for and we got a 4.

Lastly, I never "dumped" on PU. I think my posting history here speaks for itself. I love my school and its basketball program. But I'm also realistic enough to recognize that we are not in the same group as the teams I mentioned. Start winning the big games in the regular season, get to some Final Fours and we will be.
We got a 4 because that is the narrative. Same results for a Duke or Kansas and NO WAY they would get a 4. No Way! And when you start as a 1 or 2 your odds for a FF went way up. I get it and understand it but it was would be foolish to deny that certain teams get preferential treatment and seedings. I'd love to hear the howling from the blue bloods and the results of a random draw tourney. These guys play a couple of hyped games a year - if they lose one it's no big deal, tough game, yada yada. If Purdue loses it's a seed killer, proves the point, yada yada. IU is more than likely mid pack kind of team this year but if they happen to beat a Duke or Louisville it will have zero impact on Duke's or Villes seeding. OTOH if Purdue loses at Indiana it will have a significant impact on our seeding.

It sounds like you know what to expect here! Not that you need it, but rest assured that 99.98% of the Purdue fans are indeed very happy with not only your son choosing Purdue but each of the recruits!

Heck, speaking of bashing, a few years ago some pile of puke on here (probably that John Hoosier Hick or '73) had the AUDACITY to say that Raphael Davis wasn't a D1 player. Ray Davis!!! Arguably the most important player the program has had in the past 15 years. Just smh at a couple of these miserable mopes.
uhh ya i never said that. imo though the pile of puke is people like you who can't handle a different opinion.

We got a 4 because that is the narrative. Same results for a Duke or Kansas and NO WAY they would get a 4. No Way! And when you start as a 1 or 2 your odds for a FF went way up. I get it and understand it but it was would be foolish to deny that certain teams get preferential treatment and seedings. I'd love to hear the howling from the blue bloods and the results of a random draw tourney. These guys play a couple of hyped games a year - if they lose one it's no big deal, tough game, yada yada. If Purdue loses it's a seed killer, proves the point, yada yada. IU is more than likely mid pack kind of team this year but if they happen to beat a Duke or Louisville it will have zero impact on Duke's or Villes seeding. OTOH if Purdue loses at Indiana it will have a significant impact on our seeding.

So you are suggesting that hand selected opponents playing at hand selected sites on hand selected days might yield a different result than randomization? Now, who'd a thunk that? That will never happen for a variety of reasons, but none due to fairness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT