115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17

Epidemiology and global pandemic response are not your area of expertise. Quit it with this shit. You got laughed off KHC. You are embarrassing yourself with this "expert" shit.
Wow for once I agree wiht ecouch. I am 63 and have AB negative blood, but I am not going to remain in the fetal position in my house.

I wonder if tracking every case of the common flu will become the ‘new’ normal going forward. And speaking of that, where did the common flu magically disappear to? It kills tens of thousands of people every year and the media says hardly a word. This year it seems it was cordial enough to step aside when the CCP virus showed up.
Are you trump humpers back to calling the trump virus the flu again? This is why we laugh at you guys. So sad.

Last edited:
How many hospitals do you think WON’T list a patient as having COVID when the CARES ACT specifically provides them with a 20% increased Medicare reimbursement for the care of COVID patients?
Here come the wacky conspiracy theories. Nice talking with you. But I don’t engage in your made up stories to fit your false narrative. You have done enough damage to America. Time to move on.

Here come the wacky conspiracy theories. Nice talking with you. But I don’t engage in your made up stories to fit your false narrative. You have done enough damage to America. Time to move on.
Since you obviously haven’t read H.R. 748, otherwise known as the CARES Act, which was signed into law on 3/27/2020, I’ll copy and paste the text of Sec 3710 here for you:

Medicare hospital inpatient prospective payment system add-on payment for COVID–19 patients during emergency period

(a) In general

Section 1886(d)(4)(C) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395ww(d)(4)(C)) is amended by adding at the end the following new clause:

(iv)
(I)
For discharges occurring during the emergency period described in section 1135(g)(1)(B), in the case of a discharge of an individual diagnosed with COVID–19, the Secretary shall increase the weighting factor that would otherwise apply to the diagnosis-related group to which the discharge is assigned by 20 percent. The Secretary shall identify a discharge of such an individual through the use of diagnosis codes, condition codes, or other such means as may be necessary.

(II)
Any adjustment under subclause (I) shall not be taken into account in applying budget neutrality under clause (iii)

(III)
In the case of a State for which the Secretary has waived all or part of this section under the authority of section 1115A, nothing in this section shall preclude such State from implementing an adjustment similar to the adjustment under subclause (I).

Still sticking with calling it a wacky conspiracy theory???

Since you obviously haven’t read H.R. 748, otherwise known as the CARES Act, which was signed into law on 3/27/2020, I’ll copy and paste the text of Sec 3710 here for you:

Medicare hospital inpatient prospective payment system add-on payment for COVID–19 patients during emergency period

(a) In general

Section 1886(d)(4)(C) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395ww(d)(4)(C)) is amended by adding at the end the following new clause:

(iv)
(I)
For discharges occurring during the emergency period described in section 1135(g)(1)(B), in the case of a discharge of an individual diagnosed with COVID–19, the Secretary shall increase the weighting factor that would otherwise apply to the diagnosis-related group to which the discharge is assigned by 20 percent. The Secretary shall identify a discharge of such an individual through the use of diagnosis codes, condition codes, or other such means as may be necessary.

(II)
Any adjustment under subclause (I) shall not be taken into account in applying budget neutrality under clause (iii)

(III)
In the case of a State for which the Secretary has waived all or part of this section under the authority of section 1115A, nothing in this section shall preclude such State from implementing an adjustment similar to the adjustment under subclause (I).

put pox on ignore. troll provides nothing.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Total confirmed deaths in the US:

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20
120,420 on 6/23

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20
+427 on 6/23

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Here's what I find interesting:

1.) In April, the country had 2 separate weeks where we had 4 straight days of more then 30,000 NEW cases. (The worst we have seen so far)

2.) The last 5 days suggests we are right back to April levels again (EVEN THOUGH the states which contributed to the April numbers have come down significantly

June 19 - 33,522 cases
June 20 - 34,197 cases
June 21 - 25,982 cases (Outlier?)
June 22 - 32,059 cases
June 23 - 35,678 cases

https://corona.help/country/united-states

Bottom line: Continued Mismanagement of the effort & no leadership on mask wearing / social distancing. (Classic case where people won't change "their" behaviors or culture if the leaders don't)

As a Project Leader responsible for breakthrough level process improvements (ie Six Sigma), I would have been replaced "Months" ago for anything even resembling our country's performance ! (By comparison, South Korea is currently "scrambling" to contain their "30" cases) # No Urgency / No Expertise

June 19 - 33,522 cases
June 20 - 34,197 cases
June 22 - 32,059 cases
June 23 - 35,678 cases

To answer the question about the "outlier", the answer is both yes and no. The answer is that Sundays are always low testing days. You can go look back at the data for the past three months, and almost across the board, every Sunday is 20% to 40% less than the weekly average.
It is a weird weekly trend where the "peaks" of daily cases usually happens on Thursdays and Fridays and then hits a low on Sunday.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
Here's what I find interesting:

1.) In April, the country had 2 separate weeks where we had 4 straight days of more then 30,000 NEW cases. (The worst we have seen so far)

2.) The last 5 days suggests we are right back to April levels again (EVEN THOUGH the states which contributed to the April numbers have come down significantly

June 19 - 33,522 cases
June 20 - 34,197 cases
June 22 - 32,059 cases
June 23 - 35,678 cases

Bottom line: Continued Mismanagement of the effort & no leadership on mask wearing / social distancing. (Classic case where people won't change "their" behaviors or culture if the leaders don't)

As a Project Leader responsible for breakthrough level process improvements (ie Six Sigma), I would have been replaced "Months" ago for anything even resembling our country's performance ! (By comparison, South Korea is currently "scrambling" to contain their "30" cases) # No Urgency / No Expertise

Just look at when all of the health experts testified this week when the last time they spoke to the President. Used to be every day....and none of them have any time recently (and one declined to answer which is always reassuring!).

Just look at when all of the health experts testified this week when the last time they spoke to the President. Used to be every day....and none of them have any time recently (and one declined to answer which is always reassuring!).

Clearly NOT a priority for Trump any longer , because he knows the management of it is above his capability - I wonder how many people will agree with him on that priority this Nov.

Trump wants to keep the numbers low and this is the main reason see link
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/06/coronavirus-testing-failure-123166
That politico article was propaganda.

https://khn.org/news/biden-falsely-...oronavirus-test-kits-that-were-never-offered/

Even Snopes agrees that the tests were never offered.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-coronavirus-test/

The group is WHO’s arm in the Americas. It conducted trainings and sent materials to conduct tests to 29 nations. The list included Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and many others.

The group said it focused most of its efforts on “countries with the weakest health systems.”

No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States,” said WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris. “This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity.”

“I don’t know if WHO agreed to sell the kits to us, but it should never have been something we needed to do given our technological expertise and the fact we would have ‘taken kits from low- and middle-income countries’ that otherwise could not make or afford them,” said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, in an email.

It’s also unlikely, Mores said, that the WHO offered to sell kits to the U.S., because that’s not normally what the organization does.

“In my experience, this is never something that I would have to purchase,” he said.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Boilermakers

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20
120,420 on 6/23
124,416 on 6/26

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20
+427 on 6/23
+2437 on 6/26

These are hardly the graphs that I would expect to see if Covid were under control as the Administration seems to want us to believe...
Screenshot-20200626-135745-Chrome.jpg

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20
120,420 on 6/23
124,416 on 6/26
125,804 on 6/29

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20
+427 on 6/23
+2437 on 6/26
+265 on 6/29

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20
120,420 on 6/23
124,416 on 6/26
125,804 on 6/29

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20
+427 on 6/23
+2437 on 6/26
+265 on 6/29

Do all of these figures that you’re obsessed with represent those who have died FROM the virus, WITH the virus or SUSPECTED OF HAVING the virus? I’m only asking since a hospital that codes a patient with having the virus to Medicare receives a 20% increase in the amount they receive along with an additional bump if a patient is put on a ventilator.

Do all of these figures that you’re obsessed with represent those who have died FROM the virus, WITH the virus or SUSPECTED OF HAVING the virus? I’m only asking since a hospital that codes a patient with having the virus to Medicare receives a 20% increase in the amount they receive along with an additional bump if a patient is put on a ventilator.
...and to falsely report a cause of death on an official government death certificate is a crime that can result in the medical practitioner losing his license and monetary penalties put against the hospital he / she works at.

So is it possible, yes, but to imply that there is a widespread inflation of numbers is likely false as it would require significant risk to that institution if they are found to be falsifying their numbers in order to gain government funding.

...and to falsely report a cause of death on an official government death certificate is a crime that can result in the medical practitioner losing his license and monetary penalties put against the hospital he / she works at.

So is it possible, yes, but to imply that there is a widespread inflation of numbers is likely false as it would require significant risk to that institution if they are found to be falsifying their numbers in order to gain government funding.
First off, all it requires is for the hospital to code the patient as a CCV patient in order to receive the additional payment. I never said it had to be on the official death certificate. My first question is important though as these are the numbers that the media is reporting to everyone on a daily basis.

I know you've seen the news from states like Colorado: The number of coronavirus deaths in state figures topped 1,000 earlier this week, and the number stood at 1,150 deaths as of Friday afternoon. But officials with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment revealed during a call with reporters that that number does not represent the number of people who have died due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Instead, the death figure CDPHE has been providing for weeks is more accurately described as the number of people with COVID-19 who have died — for any reason.

Do all of these figures that you have been giving us represent those who have died FROM the virus, WITH the virus or SUSPECTED OF HAVING the virus?

First off, all it requires is for the hospital to code the patient as a CCV patient in order to receive the additional payment. I never said it had to be on the official death certificate. My first question is important though as these are the numbers that the media is reporting to everyone on a daily basis.

I know you've seen the news from states like Colorado: The number of coronavirus deaths in state figures topped 1,000 earlier this week, and the number stood at 1,150 deaths as of Friday afternoon. But officials with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment revealed during a call with reporters that that number does not represent the number of people who have died due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Instead, the death figure CDPHE has been providing for weeks is more accurately described as the number of people with COVID-19 who have died — for any reason.

Do all of these figures that you have been giving us represent those who have died FROM the virus, WITH the virus or SUSPECTED OF HAVING the virus?

The site discusses some of the potential issues with the data, and those discussions might help to address some of your questions.

There may be a risk, but how is the government going to check it after the person has been buried? I highly doubt any institution would be caught if they fudged the numbers a bit.

There may be a risk, but how is the government going to check it after the person has been buried? I highly doubt any institution would be caught if they fudged the numbers a bit.
My guess: class action lawsuit. I have no doubt that there are SOME deaths that are being falsely reported. You could probably get away with a few. But if you were doing it systematically across the board, it would come out. All it would take would be one relative going to the press with proof and some hungry reporter would then track down every death that hospital reported in the last 5 months to see if there was a story there. If he can find at least three or four cases by interviewing all the relatives, that's enough to get a lawyer involved and then things get interesting.

For the record, hospital DRG payments are made primarily on the ADMITTING dx along with DOCUMENTED complications and co-morbidities. The death certificates, unless something has changed in the last two years since I have been out of the business, are totally de-linked from the payment system.

Reactions: BleedinGold

(a) In general

(iv)
(I)

(II)

(III)

It's hard to face down the mob even with super compelling facts. So many misconception on here re how this is paid for, what the best plan of care is, etc. Pretty amazing and sad at the same time.

My guess: class action lawsuit. I have no doubt that there are SOME deaths that are being falsely reported. You could probably get away with a few. But if you were doing it systematically across the board, it would come out. All it would take would be one relative going to the press with proof and some hungry reporter would then track down every death that hospital reported in the last 5 months to see if there was a story there. If he can find at least three or four cases by interviewing all the relatives, that's enough to get a lawyer involved and then things get interesting.
Okay, take the payments, etc. to hospitals out of the discussion. What I am questioning is whether or not the numbers that we are getting on a daily basis accurately represent those who have died from the virus or with the virus. This isn't just happening in Colorado. In Washington State, public health officials with the Department of Health (DOH) acknowledge their data collection is unusual.

“So our method that we use to give up-to-date counts related to COVID death is not our usual process for how we track data for deaths in Washington,” Dr. Katie Hutchison, Health Statistics Manager for DOH. “We had to modify what we normally do in order to quickly meet the data and informational needs of the pandemic. We’re aware that there is some confusion about how this works and whether or not this modified process is accurate.”

It seems obvious that their data is not accurate. They imply as much: “Our dashboard numbers do include any death to a person that has tested positive to COVID-19.”

That means, if a COVID-19 patient dies of a gunshot wound or in a car crash, the data lists that patient as a coronavirus death. If a tree falls on a coronavirus patient and kills them? It’s listed as a coronavirus death.

Okay, take the payments, etc. to hospitals out of the discussion. What I am questioning is whether or not the numbers that we are getting on a daily basis accurately represent those who have died from the virus or with the virus. This isn't just happening in Colorado. In Washington State, public health officials with the Department of Health (DOH) acknowledge their data collection is unusual.

“So our method that we use to give up-to-date counts related to COVID death is not our usual process for how we track data for deaths in Washington,” Dr. Katie Hutchison, Health Statistics Manager for DOH. “We had to modify what we normally do in order to quickly meet the data and informational needs of the pandemic. We’re aware that there is some confusion about how this works and whether or not this modified process is accurate.”

It seems obvious that their data is not accurate. They imply as much: “Our dashboard numbers do include any death to a person that has tested positive to COVID-19.”

That means, if a COVID-19 patient dies of a gunshot wound or in a car crash, the data lists that patient as a coronavirus death. If a tree falls on a coronavirus patient and kills them? It’s listed as a coronavirus death.
It's somewhat hard to tell though. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. The extreme example that you provide is not going to fly. If somebody comes in for a gunshot wound and dies, they are not going to even bother with giving that person a Covid test. Likely same with a car accident (at least not a car accident that would require life-threatening treatment).
However, there is some potential grey area there where someone could come in with a condition that was life threatening, say lung cancer leading to problems breathing or something along the lines of a diabetic having a low blood sugar episode. I do not know enough about current hospital testing procedures to know if every single person that walks through the front door is being tested for Covid or not. I'm guessing the gunshot patients aren't, or at least, not upon admittance.

Again though, I think you are hunting for exceptions to the rule to prove a point. As I said, I am sure there are some. 1%? Sure. 5%? maybe. over 20%? Not a chance. I just don't think it is going to be of such a magnitude to justify saying that the numbers of deaths reported are being "exaggerated" to the point where the media / public shouldn't be concerned about it.

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30

105,147 on 6/02
108,211 on 6/05
110,514 on 6/08
112,924 on 6/11
115,436 on 6/14
116,963 on 6/17
119,112 on 6/20
120,420 on 6/23
124,416 on 6/26
125,804 on 6/29

+764 on 6/02
+1036 on 6/05
+712 on 6/08
+918 on 6/11
+767 on 6/14
+836 on 6/17
+678 on 6/20
+427 on 6/23
+2437 on 6/26
+265 on 6/29

THIS is the best news the nation has seen this year. Unfortunately, it may not last in July. (with the southern hospitals getting low on capacity)

It's somewhat hard to tell though. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. The extreme example that you provide is not going to fly. If somebody comes in for a gunshot wound and dies, they are not going to even bother with giving that person a Covid test. Likely same with a car accident (at least not a car accident that would require life-threatening treatment).
However, there is some potential grey area there where someone could come in with a condition that was life threatening, say lung cancer leading to problems breathing or something along the lines of a diabetic having a low blood sugar episode. I do not know enough about current hospital testing procedures to know if every single person that walks through the front door is being tested for Covid or not. I'm guessing the gunshot patients aren't, or at least, not upon admittance.

Again though, I think you are hunting for exceptions to the rule to prove a point. As I said, I am sure there are some. 1%? Sure. 5%? maybe. over 20%? Not a chance. I just don't think it is going to be of such a magnitude to justify saying that the numbers of deaths reported are being "exaggerated" to the point where the media / public shouldn't be concerned about it.
I’m really not hunting for exceptions. I understand that the healthcare professionals are doing their best to help everyone regardless of why they are in the hospital. My issue has and will continue to be when the media pushes a narrative that is at times illogical. For example, people outside on a beach are bad and spreading the virus while those rioting and looting businesses aren’t. And I’ll never understand how the CCP has to this point been given a pass by most of the media.

As far as the extreme example I provided, it was one straight from Dr. Hutchinson in Washington state - “We currently do have some deaths that are being reported that are clearly from other causes. We have about 5 deaths… that we know of that are related to obvious other causes. In this case, they are from gunshots.” They were listed in the numbers since they had previously tested positive for the virus.

through 4/30
102,836 through 5/30
126,140 through 6/30

128,062 on 7/2

+652 on 7/2

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths

The lull in the death rates is OVER ! This is the month we will see a noticeable pickup.

- ICUs nearing capacity in the south
- the positivity rates in Arizona, Florida and Texas are now 15-25%
(it's even worse just south of the border) &
- Florida is now seeing a jump in the long-term care areas (Was just a matter of time)

The lull in the death rates is OVER ! This is the month we will see a noticeable pickup.

- ICUs nearing capacity in the south
- the positivity rates in Arizona, Florida and Texas are now 15-25%
(it's even worse just south of the border) &
- Florida is now seeing a jump in the long-term care areas (Was just a matter of time)
You sound like a cheerleader for the grim reaper

I’m really not hunting for exceptions. I understand that the healthcare professionals are doing their best to help everyone regardless of why they are in the hospital. My issue has and will continue to be when the media pushes a narrative that is at times illogical. For example, people outside on a beach are bad and spreading the virus while those rioting and looting businesses aren’t. And I’ll never understand how the CCP has to this point been given a pass by most of the media.

As far as the extreme example I provided, it was one straight from Dr. Hutchinson in Washington state - “We currently do have some deaths that are being reported that are clearly from other causes. We have about 5 deaths… that we know of that are related to obvious other causes. In this case, they are from gunshots.” They were listed in the numbers since they had previously tested positive for the virus.
BTW, you did post this earlier and I hadn't gotten around to responding: If that quote is genuine, then I admit I was wrong. I wouldn't think they would actually report some gunshot deaths as Covid deaths, but apparently I had more faith than realism. I still think that the numbers reported are not being overly exaggerated, but I'm willing to admit the possibility is there.

You sound like a cheerleader for the grim reaper

No, that's been YOUR job on the board ! (ie defending the Grim Reaper)

I am merely trying to share my process-related expertise on what is coming. In April I said 5 million cases and 250,000 deaths by Sept. I went on to say the south was going to surge as well as beach states - It's happening

I am sticking by that forecast.

No, that's been YOUR job on the board ! (ie defending the Grim Reaper)

I am merely trying to share my process-related expertise on what is coming. In April I said 5 million cases and 250,000 deaths by Sept. I went on to say the south was going to surge as well as beach states - It's happening

I am sticking by that forecast.
Got it. On your next "process-related", try sticking in just one thing that you see as a positive rather than 100% doom and gloom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT