ADVERTISEMENT

Butler at UConn

Agree about the announcers. Watched the first half. Butler hanging in there. UConn looks very similar to Purdue. Good ball movement, unselfish, cut hard, play as a team. Clingan, their center, is good size. Would be a good match up but I don't see anything to be intimidated about. If we don't turn it over and make FT's I think we win.

Last edited:
Agree about the announcers. Watched the first half. Butler hanging in there. UConn looks very similar to Purdue. Good ball movement, unselfish, cut hard, play as a team. Clingan, there center is good size. Would be a good match up but I don't see anything to be intimidated about. If we don't turn it over and make FT's I think we win.
They’re good. Their guards are all tall and long. Spencer has been really good for them and Newton is almost a walking triple double. Castle is their potential lotto pick…Clingan is their rock down low. Would be tough matchups all around for us but I would love to see this matchup. Hope it happens.

I think it's pretty clear that Uconn is the 2nd best team in the country right now (resume) and rankings combined. Would love to meet them in April as it would be the FF or championship game. At that point, I really don't care who we play. I'm much more concerned about teams and matchups in the first 4 games of the tournament.

To their credit, that is factual as UCON keeps winning over nonranked opponents. They dont play anulyone threatening till the end of their schedule.

Reactions: Schnelk
Caught the second half and watched some of their games throughout the year. Earlier an announcer said playing UCONN is a death by a thousand knives (or something like it). Seriously they just get buckets from lots of different players - similar to us.

Reactions: rjmpu82
Having and keeping Clingan healthy is a must for them. Different team when he's at or near full strength.

I want nothing to do with UConn. They are legit - our guards give up multiple inches and 15+ lbs to theirs. Not a recipe for March success.
I wouldn't sell Lance and Braden short. We have already faced many of the top rated guards in the country. It will be interesting to see how Kolek and Marquette do against UConn. They play each other twice in the next month.

I want nothing to do with UConn. They are legit - our guards give up multiple inches and 15+ lbs to theirs. Not a recipe for March success.
Then Purdue guards can slice through smaller gaps. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT