ADVERTISEMENT

If you want more content to hold you over

punaj

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Liberty, KY
Check out the threads here. The UConn fans are pretty knowledgeable , most of the time. One said TKR was similar to Luke Goode, so that was odd. But most is really good content. Scouting reports and more.

Check out the threads here. The UConn fans are pretty knowledgeable , most of the time. One said TKR was similar to Luke Goode, so that was odd. But most is really good content. Scouting reports and more.

Good read in the Purdue scouting report thread. I’d say 90% of them know what they are talking about and knowledgeable about Purdue. They aren’t cocky at all and were very complimentary of Zach.

For our side of things I’d say….

Edey on Clingan
TKR/Gillis on Karaban
Jones on Newton/Castle
Smith on Newton/Castle
Loyer on Spencer

I think they’ll go

Clingan on Edey
Karaban on TKR/Gillis
Castle on Smith
Newton on Jones
Spencer on Loyer

Reactions: punaj
One thing that may be getting overlooked is Edey is going to get to be one on one pretty much the entire game. He's going to have every opportunity to feast.

Castle and Spencer concern me as defensively we don't match up well with them.

I'll have to read this tomorrow. I have NOT seen UConn play even a half of a game. I have only caught them maybe a couple of times for a few minutes. In that small stretch they used Clingan to set screens on the perimeter and if they have other shooters other than Spencer...that is a concern because Clingan sets a wide screen and if Zach is not up there to contend Purdue is at the mercy that they miss and if he is up there, then there can be a footrace in him trying to catch a quicker player and I was able to catch Tristan getting into the lane on a regular basis. If that happens or maybe before that happens we might see Purdue really trying hard to force baseline and away from the screens. Matt may have to take a gamble "depending" and go under on some of the players if they are effective in the mid range game.

I was trying to think who Smith might guard...Castle has 1/2 foot on him. I bet he is guarding Smith...which could cause problems. I just hope Smith redeems himself Monday night.

We should keep a couple of bigs in the paint at all times and just cannot give up easy drives by their guards or by Clingan. Make them shoot from distance and I like our chances.

I was trying to think who Smith might guard...Castle has 1/2 foot on him. I bet he is guarding Smith...which could cause problems. I just hope Smith redeems himself Monday night.
Here is the reality...unfortunately. Braden struggling is still the best Purdue can do. I hope he got two good nights of sleep as it appeared he may have played the game too early last Saturday as his face looked more pale that usual. Purdue needs him to be sharp I know tonight. Hopefully Myles and Cam can make a positive contribution.

Someone has to go off. 20 + from Smith ,Jones, Loyer. Unexpected 12-14 from Gills or 8-10 from Heide or Colvin or combined. One from column A (Smith group ) and B ( Gillis group).

Reactions: Schnelk
I'll have to read this tomorrow. I have NOT seen UConn play even a half of a game. I have only caught them maybe a couple of times for a few minutes. In that small stretch they used Clingan to set screens on the perimeter and if they have other shooters other than Spencer...that is a concern because Clingan sets a wide screen and if Zach is not up there to contend Purdue is at the mercy that they miss and if he is up there, then there can be a footrace in him trying to catch a quicker player and I was able to catch Tristan getting into the lane on a regular basis. If that happens or maybe before that happens we might see Purdue really trying hard to force baseline and away from the screens. Matt may have to take a gamble "depending" and go under on some of the players if they are effective in the mid range game.
Their high pick and roll is going to be a huge challenge for us. Their bigs are both quicker that Edey. If he goes too high, they will beat him back to the basket. I think we have to live with them hitting mid-range jumpers off of that. He can't give up dunks. Unfortunately they do have shooters other than Spencer.....They are favored for a reason. We will need everyone's A game. When we have the ball, we need to take care of it. We got away with TO's last game, we won't escape that against this team. Take care of the ball and be efficient. Keep the game close and put some pressure on them.

Tall task, but as we've said on this forum many times, it's just a one game test not a series. Just need one great game! Boiler Up!

Their high pick and roll is going to be a huge challenge for us. Their bigs are both quicker that Edey. If he goes too high, they will beat him back to the basket. I think we have to live with them hitting mid-range jumpers off of that. He can't give up dunks. Unfortunately they do have shooters other than Spencer.....They are favored for a reason. We will need everyone's A game. When we have the ball, we need to take care of it. We got away with TO's last game, we won't escape that against this team. Take care of the ball and be efficient. Keep the game close and put some pressure on them.

Tall task, but as we've said on this forum many times, it's just a one game test not a series. Just need one great game! Boiler Up!
Relative to all that I started a thread called let the guesses fly and wrote a bit on that. There were over 100 people that read it and never offered any ideas.

I thought it would generate some comments so there would be some give and take and get the creative juices flowing, but it hasn’t. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT