ADVERTISEMENT

But, but, but…

It’s not about him per se…it’s about what his heir isn’t doing. It’s no secret Brohm got more out of less. Sad we then hired a guy who gets less out of more.
I think you finally hit the nail on the head with your statement,”no secret Brohm got more out of less”. You are correct that Brohm last years of recruiting “LESS “ finally caught up with Purdue, leaving only a handful of good players and none at key positions like QB. I could point out more, but you are to absorb in bitching about hiring Waiters instead of see what he has to work with. Both sides of the ball lack team speed. The players that Walter’s has recruited from the portal to patch up the gaping holes left by Brohm were the best available after being hired late in the recruiting process. Walter’s players play hard for him on both sides of the ball regardless of being less talented in places.
The only coach in question to me is Harrell. His play calls are good if he had higher quality talent across the board, but we don’t. A top trier offensive coach should be able to adjust to his talent like Jeff Brohm did in his play calling.

We saw what Brian Brohm did in the Bowl game with the talent left for Walter’s.

I think you finally hit the nail on the head with your statement,”no secret Brohm got more out of less”. You are correct that Brohm last years of recruiting “LESS “ finally caught up with Purdue, leaving only a handful of good players and none at key positions like QB. I could point out more, but you are to absorb in bitching about hiring Waiters instead of see what he has to work with. Both sides of the ball lack team speed. The players that Walter’s has recruited from the portal to patch up the gaping holes left by Brohm were the best available after being hired late in the recruiting process. Walter’s players play hard for him on both sides of the ball regardless of being less talented in places.
The only coach in question to me is Harrell. His play calls are good if he had higher quality talent across the board, but we don’t. A top trier offensive coach should be able to adjust to his talent like Jeff Brohm did in his play calling.

I mean I agree with most of this but I cannot disagree more on Harrell's play calling being good if we had higher quality talent.

It's rare to see a team play THIS horizontally in the modern era. I don't see creativity. I don't see tweaks adjusting to our opponents. I see the same plays over and over again.

I can be convinced to give Walters more time for the reasons you lay out. Harrell on the other hand, Walters would be wise to part ways or he's not going to last long himself.

Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one
I mean I agree with most of this but I cannot disagree more on Harrell's play calling being good if we had higher quality talent.

It's rare to see a team play THIS horizontally in the modern era. I don't see creativity. I don't see tweaks adjusting to our opponents. I see the same plays over and over again.

I can be convinced to give Walters more time for the reasons you lay out. Harrell on the other hand, Walters would be wise to part ways or he's not going to last long himself.
Harrell has a two year contract, so if he can’t prove himself I agree with you. Cutting him loose then would be free. One million dollars a year should get us a good offensive coordinator.

Reactions: z_one

excellent post, still wish we could get Joe Morehead as the OC

Reactions: Kocher101 and z_one
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT