ADVERTISEMENT

Brunk and/or Benson

I think we are the favorites for both of them. It is a possibility that we take both but most likely we would take which ever one commits first. I like Benson a little more but would be satisfied with Brunk.

I think from now on I will skip all this recruiting news business and just wait to see who decides to become a Boilermaker on signing day. Too hard. I cannot imagine what the coaching staff must go through. No thanks.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Don't know where we stand with Brunk though some people have said he prefers IU. Some Basketball reporter named Mac Donald reported that Benson kisted a number of schools he had offers from and we weren't listed, so not sure what to make of that.

Originally posted by BoilerDeac:
What are the odds that Purdue lands one of them?
It can only help that Cline and Brunk are friends. I think Cline will be a good ambassador here.

BoilerFan#35 posted on 4/12/2015...
I was wondering about LaLu there are 2 4* forwards there why aren't we recruiting them?

I think they have zero interest in us. No point in wasting time.

Originally posted by BoilerFan#35:
I think we are the favorites for both of them. It is a possibility that we take both but most likely we would take which ever one commits first. I like Benson a little more but would be satisfied with Brunk.
We're not the favorite for both. If you're getting that info from a recruiting site, cancel your membership tomorrow and ask for a refund.

This post was edited on 4/12 10:26 PM by IndianapolisHoops

I'm really starting to get worried about the 2016 class. Seems like our main targets have us down their lists.

Well we were Dawsons dream school and Biggie had all but dropped MSU from his list.
Since we aren't on their lists we must be leading.

I heard from Jeff Goodman they are leaning towards a package deal with Cal.

Originally posted by KidsDoc:
Don't know where we stand with Brunk though some people have said he prefers IU. Some Basketball reporter named Mac Donald reported that Benson kisted a number of schools he had offers from and we weren't listed, so not sure what to make of that.
I thought I read somewhere that Brunk's family wasn't high on Crean and therefore it would be unlikely for him to end up there. I might be misremembering that, but seems to ring a bell. Maybe it was in chat?

I don't know where Brunk is going, and I don't think he does either. But I do know it won't be IU. He and his family are not crazy about the coaching staff there.

Xavier has an asst coach with a lot of Indiana ties. His first name is Travis but last name escapes me. He is recruiting Brunk pretty hard from what I understand. Northwestern is also. Brunk really likes Painter but before this season had reservations about Painter's future at Purdue. I think Purdue has a chance, but he is no lock for us. I think he will announce around the end of this year. Purdue's surprising finish in the BIG did not hurt them. I don't know Brunk personally, but know someone close to him. I have tried to make the pitch that he gets more exposure in BTN than Xavier gets. He will get to practice everyday against a likely NBA player and Purdue gets the ball inside. If he goes to MSU he could get buried on the bench for a couple of years. All of Painter's players have earned their degree. He is also the type of kid everyone would love and would be Purdue favorite for years to come. I have no idea if any of this gets through to him, but I have given it my best shot.

FWIW, did a quick search of Brunk and Twitter and came across this tweet. It's just from a random Purdue fan but I did notice it was favorited by Joey himself. Can't hurt I guess, but nothing too much to read into it is my guess.

@Juicy____K: Would love to see a 2016 class of @clutchman34 @best_at_hoopin @Xaviersimpson3 and @JoeyBrunk at Purdue #BoilerUp

Tweet inclined Nick Ward, Xavier Simpson, and another player I am unfamiliar with at this moment.

Originally posted by boilerjrut3:
FWIW, did a quick search of Brunk and Twitter and came across this tweet. It's just from a random Purdue fan but I did notice it was favorited by Joey himself. Can't hurt I guess, but nothing too much to read into it is my guess.

@Juicy____K: Would love to see a 2016 class of @clutchman34 @best_at_hoopin @Xaviersimpson3 and @JoeyBrunk at Purdue #BoilerUp

Tweet inclined Nick Ward, Xavier Simpson, and another player I am unfamiliar with at this moment.

Other player was Jarron Cumberland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT