ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Brohm Rumors - Where theres smoke, theres fire.

Kyle_Holderfield

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 22, 2022
West Lafayette, IN
Take this with a grain of salt, but, there is reason to believe that Jeff Brohm, his family, Agent, etc, have been in contact with Louisville and have begun working towards a contract to become Louisville's Next Head Coach.

I have had several people message me today stating that "A contract is on the desk of the Louisville President", meaning they are already towards the final stages, I have heard around the to $6 to $7 million dollar range.

I think we all know and understand that CJB was going to be the number 1 target for Louisville, as he was just years ago, but I think it is fair to come to the conclusion that this time, CJB leaving for his Alma Mater and heading back to his hometown with hia family, will probably come to fruition.

The kicker in all of this IMO, is that his buyout is only 1 million dollars, which really is nothing for a school, in comparison, the Darrell Hazell buyout was 5 million for Purdue.

Obviously, last go around, things changed at the last minute and he remained at Purdue, that very well may happen again, but, I do believe that it is less likely this time around.

Coach Satterfield left Louisville in a much better position than when he took the job, also making it more appealing this time around for CJB, we could assume. The fact is, Coach Brohm just had Purdue in the Big Ten Title Game and has the Boilermakers headed to the Citrus Bowl, does he believe he has gotten Purdue to the point where he feels "accomplished"?

Obviously with NSD around the corner, this will impact recruiting, as well as who enters thr transfer portal from Purdue, all while prepping for their best bowl game in years.

I think it is fair to assume that this will be resolved by the Weekend.

Jace got in contact with more Louisville beat writers today and he will add his thoughts shortly to this post.

Jace here, I talked to someone with inside knowledge at Louisville and this is what I heard:

Louisville reached out to Jeff Brohm Monday morning about the position and have been in discussions ever since.

Brohm and Louisville met last night in Indianapolis for further discussions. (Brohm has been in Indy on recruiting visits the last two days.)

A potential contract and details of a potential deal have reached the higher ups of the Louisville athletic department.

The source expects everything to be finalized by Friday. We could hear rumors from the national college football media starting tomorrow.

Source said Brohm to Louisville is “99% done”.

Based off the conversation I had, I expect news to break of Brohm heading home sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News