ADVERTISEMENT

Brain science

Re: What's this? Forbes doesn't agree with you..

Gregory's thought pattern is very predictable.

Greg saw an article that said poor people are dumb.

Greg associated dumb with an inner-city stereotype of black.

Therefore, Greg think black people are dumb and good at sports.

FIN

Hey, thanks for doing the research. Guess I fell prey to all the human interest stories you always hear about pro athletes who grew up poor. The others ones are ignored. Damn me for thinking like the masses.

I certainly shouldn't have focused on pro athletes. By that I mean have you noticed that poor kids are worse athletes? I haven't. Have you? Maybe its true but it certainly doesn't seem like it. If poor nutrition explains the smaller brain sizes then shouldn't it also explain a reliable trend in athletic ability?

How about obesity?

Obesity is decreasing among adolescents who come from well-educated families, but it has continued to increase in poor teens. Looking at the obesity rate overall, this reads as a plateau.

So, does the same alleged phenomenon of poor nutrition cause smaller brains but bigger bodies? Doesn't make much sense.

In any case the main point remains: Lower income parents are likely to produce lower IQ children. Therefore stop importing people from poor countries and stop subsidizing (via welfare) poor women having so many children.

LOL. I believe it was qazplm who first brought up race. In any case you've avoided answering my questions. Why?

Originally posted by GMM:
Hey, thanks for doing the research.  Guess I fell prey to all the human interest stories you always hear about pro athletes who grew up poor.  The others ones are ignored.  Damn me for thinking like the masses.

I certainly shouldn't have focused on pro athletes.  By that I mean have you noticed that poor kids are worse athletes?  I haven't. Have you?  Maybe its true but it certainly doesn't seem like it.  If poor nutrition explains the smaller brain sizes then shouldn't it also explain a reliable trend in athletic ability?

How about obesity?

Obesity is decreasing among adolescents who come from well-educated families, but it has continued to increase in poor teens. Looking at the obesity rate overall, this reads as a plateau.

So, does the same alleged phenomenon of poor nutrition cause smaller brains but bigger bodies?  Doesn't make much sense.

In any case the main point remains:  Lower income parents are likely to produce lower IQ children.  Therefore stop importing people from poor countries and stop subsidizing (via welfare) poor women having so many children.

Just stop. Your arguments and attempts to dumb down science are completely moronic and wrong. Your ignorance is almost laughable, but really just sad.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

lol

your original post:

"No! No! No! Its all about "cultural conditioning" and
"socioeconomic factors" and "white privilege" and "systemic racism" and
"lack of role models in TV/movies" and...............you know the rest."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT