ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl season

Jan 6, 2014
I used to get excited for bowl season when Purdue was a regular participant, I am now just sad once again. I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help with. Does anyone know if a site exists that you can buy DVDS of old Purdue victories? Bucket Game blowouts or bowl victories? I also am working on memorabilia for my Purdue room. I have bowl patches from several of the bowls from the Tiller era but still need some. Anyone know where to find these besides Ebay? Thanks.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

20 plus years ago, there was a game by game listing of VHS's you could buy from the university in a Gold and Black Illustrated. I would start with the university. Perhaps someone in marketing. There is a specific media relations department or something. I worked with them last year to get permission to have some old logos embroidered on a coat. Once the guy was comfortable I wasnt going to sell anything, and just make an old alum happy, he was very reasonable to work with and can imagine they would be okay releasing film if its up to them.

Note the if though.

They will have to start selling those tapes again to make up for the revenue lost from an empty stadium, not counting MB, DH and Shoopy.

Seriously, I don't expect 10 win seasons and championship contending teams but 6/7/8/9 win seasons shouldn't be too much to expect is it? We are pathetic. I became a fan in 1984 when the first game I saw on our new cable tv was Iowa and Purdue. The hawkeyes kicked Purdue's ass. I felt sorry for Purdue plus they had cool uniforms. Little did I know it was going to be 13 long years for a winning record and a bowl game. I was finishing college when Tiller came along and changed things. I am in iowa so a long ways from the goings on in WL but wtf is going on there?

Originally posted by WarrenCoBoiler:
Seriously, I don't expect 10 win seasons and championship contending teams but 6/7/8/9 win seasons shouldn't be too much to expect is it? We are pathetic. I became a fan in 1984 when the first game I saw on our new cable tv was Iowa and Purdue. The hawkeyes kicked Purdue's ass. I felt sorry for Purdue plus they had cool uniforms. Little did I know it was going to be 13 long years for a winning record and a bowl game. I was finishing college when Tiller came along and changed things. I am in iowa so a long ways from the goings on in WL but wtf is going on there?
Well, we've only won 8 more games in a season,15-16 times in history. Our football "tradition" is 6 wins and an occasional 7 win season and a bowl game nobody watches...what's going on in WL?...poor coaching and crappy recruiting, other than that, things are great!

It is disturbing and annoying to watch bowl games anymore. Seeing teams such as Rutgers which is new to the Conference and knowing that those teams will be practicing and improving while the Boilers are sitting on their ass. It's time to start scheduling some real non-conference teams to atleast help with attendance and get some excitement back in Rose-ade.

I am excited that VT is coming next year. They are a bit down right now and we have a shot to take them out. That is once we find a QB who can complete passes over 5 yards consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT