ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie Who? Josh Jackson Crystal Ball Now Trending To MSU

I enjoy going around and slapping down basement dwellers who seem to not have facts straight. It puts fresh wind in my sails.... Lol
So what you're saying is that you never went to M$U and that your career choice is the super of a tenement somewhere in beautiful Detroit.

Why would you say Barnes is a "shady character"? Do you have some sort of knowledge that this man is doing something wrong? You know he signed the MSU LOI for Biggie before Biggie refused to send it, right? So why would say he was shady? Was there something going on with MSU and him that was shady? That is all I can assume from your comment.

I just find it suspicious that of all the kids that he decided to adopt, that he chose the one who was an athletic and nimble 6'5" 300+ pounder who was a conditioning program away from having big time college athlete written all over him. I just see it, like a lot of people outside of West Lafayette, as highly opportunistic for a guy who happens to be a sports agent. Then he convinced Biggie to decommit from one of the top programs in the country and commit to an average one, which just happened to be his alma mater.

Illegal? No, probably not which is why I hope he's cleared to play this season.

But a little shady? IMO, yeah it is.

I enjoy going around and slapping down basement dwellers who seem to not have facts straight. It puts fresh wind in my sails.... Lol

1. Don't lol...if you're over the age of ten, it is just pathetic.
2. While the basketball team is not and is not predicted to be a basement dweller, you just contradicted yourself.
3. MSU fans (not all, there have actually some good ones who have been civil on here) use the term "facts" pretty loosely. The biggest "fact" from MSU fans being CS required his own personal chef and living quarters.
4. The enjoyment you state you get from "slapping down basement dwellers" gives me the vision of you still going around in your high school letter jacket.

That is all

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
So what you're saying is that you never went to M$U and that your career choice is the super of a tenement somewhere in beautiful Detroit.

Hardly. I own a very successful business and have a certain disdain for pimply faced know it all kids who post with minimal knowledge from moms basement. Which seems to be the norm here.
Reciting unsubstantiated claims as facts, and accusing people of things you know nothing about.
But by all means, carry on.

60 years old and so much butthurt that you have to try and "slap down" people. Hint: it's not working.

I highly doubt you're 60 anyway. Just some basement living kid trying to pass off something he isn't. I mean what 60 year old that is supposedly so successful uses "lol" ?

Hardly. I own a very successful business and have a certain disdain for pimply faced know it all kids who post with minimal knowledge from moms basement. Which seems to be the norm here.
Reciting unsubstantiated claims as facts, and accusing people of things you know nothing about.
Suuuure you own a successful, well, anything.

What corner in the hood are you controlling distribution from?

Glad to hear that you don't think you need your starting SG to be a good passer or take care of the basketball.

MSU has been plenty successful in the past with SG's that didn't sport impressive assist to turnover ratios. It's not something I'd be too concerned about.

I just find it suspicious that of all the kids that he decided to adopt, that he chose the one who was an athletic and nimble 6'5" 300+ pounder who was a conditioning program away from having big time college athlete written all over him. I just see it, like a lot of people outside of West Lafayette, as highly opportunistic for a guy who happens to be a sports agent. Then he convinced Biggie to decommit from one of the top programs in the country and commit to an average one, which just happened to be his alma mater.

Illegal? No, probably not which is why I hope he's cleared to play this season.

But a little shady? IMO, yeah it is.
Try reading the story. Once you do, you will realize how off all your "facts" are from what really happened. The young man's brother called Rosie to try and help save Caleb from the same shit that had happened to him when he was a 6.2 350 pound kid. When he did the thanks he got was MSU fans and probably Whiney Coach Izzo to complain to the NCAA about nothing. Hey, if I get drunk and drive into the prosecutor's car, can I get a free trip to Italy?

have a certain disdain for pimply faced know it all kids who post with minimal knowledge from moms basement.

Then you should never have to leave the bonanza that is the Red Cedar message board because that board is full of that type.

Try reading the story. Once you do, you will realize how off all your "facts" are from what really happened. The young man's brother called Rosie to try and help save Caleb from the same shit that had happened to him when he was a 6.2 350 pound kid. When he did the thanks he got was MSU fans and probably Whiney Coach Izzo to complain to the NCAA about nothing. Hey, if I get drunk and drive into the prosecutor's car, can I get a free trip to Italy?

I've read the story. It's a good one and I enjoyed reading it. That story is why I bare no ill will or disdain towards Caleb. He seems like a good kid.

Honest question: Do you really think he would've adopted Biggie had he been a 5'9" 150 pounder who lacked the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time? Or do you think Biggie's size, athleticism and potential played a role in his decision to adopt?

So you read the story but did you READ the story? Because if you had, you'd have realized Biggie was 6'2 and not 6'5 and he was 360 pounds when Barnes took him in. Athletic and nimble were certainly not words used to describe him at the time.

I am 60. I could give a flying shit how you view my writing skills.
That said, it's been more than 3 years since the boilers won. I don't think Dawson ever lost to Purdue, so that is 4 seasons right there.

Dear Dumpster340. Dawson DID lose to Purdue. In fact, he was K.O.'d. LOL!

Now stop blaming senility for your childish behavior and for breaking wind.

Dear Dumpster340. Dawson DID lose to Purdue. In fact, he was K.O.'d. LOL!

Now stop blaming senility for your childish behavior and for breaking wind.

Dawson missed a game against Purdue with a broken hand. Any game he has PLAYED against the Boilers, he has won.

New Rule: Haas must go into Hulk mode at least once a season

isaac-haas.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like that one flew over your head numb nuts.

LOL! Maybe I hit the nail on the head with my senility comment. He can't remember when Purdue last beat MSU and he can't remember what happened just a few months ago. But he's figured out how to find the Purdue board multiple times a day. He's more obsessed with the Boilers than he is with his own team.

LOL! Maybe I hit the nail on the head with my senility comment. He can't remember when Purdue last beat MSU and he can't remember what happened just a few months ago. But he's figured out how to find the Purdue board multiple times a day. He's more obsessed with the Boilers than he is with his own team.

Hardly
MSU has won what, seven straight times?
Mommy allows you way to much bandwidth.

When I look at the 10 year records, for most of the real beat downs, MSU was on the wrong end of the score. I know we still own the overall record against you guys, so that's not in question.

Let's see, how about the 72-54 beat down in 2009, or the 67-47 beat down in 2011? Those were two of my very special favorites. You guys have had the upper hand recently, but this year we will beat you like a drum.

:cool:

Let's take a look a recent history and beat downs

10/11 BIG tourney..... MSU 74-56...... Beatdown
11/12 Reg season......MSU 83-58...... Beatdown
MSU 76-62.......Beatdown
12/13 Reg season......MSU 84-61.......Beatdown
MSU 78-65.......Beatdown
13/14 Reg season......MSU 94-79.......Beatdown
14/15 Reg season......MSU 72-66.......competitive game( Dawson played one minute in this one)

So, over the last nearly 4 season, only one game was truly competitive, and in that one arguably our second best player didn't play.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the above changing much anytime soon. Purdue's best chance will indeed be this year, but even that won't be anything close to a given, even at your place.

Well if you focus on the last three seasons there will be a lot of coaches that have "owned" us. That was more of a Purdue problem than anything special about our foes. Frankly, when Painter has had good teams he really hasn't had much of a problem with Izzo.

Well if you focus on the last three seasons there will be a lot of coaches that have "owned" us. That was more of a Purdue problem than anything special about our foes. Frankly, when Painter has had good teams he really hasn't had much of a problem with Izzo.

He has had major problems doing anything in the NCAA tourney, until he does he is mediocre, like the Purdue basketball program. They are one of only a few BIG teams to not get to a FF this century.
Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio St, Maryland, Wisconsin come to mind. In that period I don't think Purdue has even been past a sweet 16. So forgive me for not " bowing down" to your glory day teams that didn't do squat nationally, the mark of being somebody, frankly.

He has had major problems doing anything in the NCAA tourney, until he does he is mediocre, like the Purdue basketball program. They are one of only a few BIG teams to not get to a FF this century.
Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio St, Maryland, Wisconsin come to mind. In that period I don't think Purdue has even been past a sweet 16. So forgive me for not " bowing down" to your glory day teams that didn't do squat nationally, the mark of being somebody, frankly.
Elite 8 in 2000 tourney. Lost by 4 to Wisconsin to reach the final four.

That's admirable. But half the conference has advanced further since then( and in a few cases more than once)
I like Painter, think he gets his kids to play hard.
Just pointing out that you are just making statements that you don't even bother to research.
Hurray for you that MSU has owned us during the worst 3 years of Painters career. As already pointed out, everyone owned us for those years.
I'm not sure why you are here?
Keady absolutely owned Judd over their careers and at the time outside of 1979, MSU was considered an easy win for most bigten teams. But you don't see Purdue fans running to your site to spout about it.
You seem to want to say that historically MSU is a much better team and will win this year as well. But when you take the time to research it, you may find that historically Purdue has been much better and that you are cherry picking stats to support an argument you can't win. Nobody knows how this season will turn out. Both teams have a lot of talent and both coaches have records that show when they have the talent, they win a lot of games.
Good luck this season and may the best team win.

Just pointing out that you are just making statements that you don't even bother to research.
Hurray for you that MSU has owned us during the worst 3 years of Painters career. As already pointed out, everyone owned us for those years.
I'm not sure why you are here?
Keady absolutely owned Judd over their careers and at the time outside of 1979, MSU was considered an easy win for most bigten teams. But you don't see Purdue fans running to your site to spout about it.
You seem to want to say that historically MSU is a much better team and will win this year as well. But when you take the time to research it, you may find that historically Purdue has been much better and that you are cherry picking stats to support an argument you can't win. Nobody knows how this season will turn out. Both teams have a lot of talent and both coaches have records that show when they have the talent, they win a lot of games.
Good luck this season and may the best team win.

Not cherry picking anything. In the " modern " era, MSU has two national titles and a slew of Final fours. Purdue has one FInal Four total in the span.

Ask ANY knowledgable basketball fan who the top 25 programs are all time, and 99% will have MSU on the list. Maybe 1% will have Purdue on that list, and that's being generous.
MSU fill its arena up all the time. You can shoot a cannon through Mackey many nights. Fair weather fans

Last edited:
Not cherry picking anything. In the " modern " era, MSU has two national titles and a slew of Final fours. Purdue has one FInal Four total in the span.

Ask ANY knowledgable basketball fan who the top 25 programs are all time, and 99% will have MSU on the list. Maybe 1% will have Purdue on that list, and that's being generous.
MSU fill its arena up all the time. You can shoot a cannon through Mackey many nights. Fair weather fans
You said modern era and then all time.
Yes MSU has performed well in the modern era. All time is quite a stretch.

The last three years is all he knows. Most 5-year-old children don't remember what happened when they were 2. Dumpster340 is no different. Of course, if he truly is 60 as he claims, then the brain rot is pretty severe. And he still doesn't remember the beat-down that Dawson took last year.

ESPN all time msu#11 Purdue#20

Yeah out of 350 teams were seperated 9 spots that's a huge difference

And I could give two craps about what you care to respect. I personally laugh at MSU fans making such a big deal about finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th too (at least IU fans actually brag about tournaments they won) but some of you like to think Izzo ranks up with the greats like Coach K because of it. Think what you want about your program or ours. All I care is that we beat you the next time we play. Good luck with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT