ADVERTISEMENT

Big Game

Russ Ford

True Freshman
Mar 24, 2018
Big game at Mackey for the ladies today at 4pm on the BigTen Network against IU.

Would love to see them start the night off right with a win. Then the men finish off the sweep with a win tonight in Bloomington.

Big game at Mackey for the ladies today at 4pm on the BigTen Network against IU.

Would love to see them start the night off right with a win. Then the men finish off the sweep with a win tonight in Bloomington.
We have about as much chance of beating IU this afternoon as Trump has of being President again. They have won 5 Big Ten games by margins of 21 or greater and lost to Maryland by 4. Yes, the Maryland that beat us by 37!

Here is who our next coach should https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Duffy

Reactions: DAG10
Indiana has left Purdue in the dust. This team is bottom rung now. Wondering if the AD is even paying attention or cares that this program has fallen into the abyss. I actually believe it has some talent, but has no offensive structure and no interior D at all. Sad for the girls.

Wow another rough outing. Very disappointing, the offense was terrible. IU has a nice team but they are not that good.

I wish Madison Layden would stop deferring to others and start taking over like the player I saw in high school. She has the skills and basketball IQ to be every bit as good as Grace Berger is for IU. I guess maybe her confidence is not there yet but she is very capable.

They also are getting very little from Tamara Farquhar. She is capable of a double-double most nights. Not sure what is going on there....maybe still not back physically?

I would also like to see Ra Shaya Kyle start getting the bulk of the minutes at the 5. She is the future at the position....give her the minutes.

Reactions: DocRon and Brya31
Russ, my observation is that Versyp continues to waste half the shot clock by passing and dribbing on the perimeter or just holding the ball. When they start the offense if it does not click right away they wind up taking no shot, a bad shot or a TO. That is coaching and it has happened repeatedly over the years. When she had more talent and experience she could overcome that some, but this is an inexperienced team with not as much talent and gets lost. When they take bad shots or turn the ball over the other team gets a lot of transition baskets. Also the interior D is clueless and runs a lay up line for the other team. If Purdue does not hire a coach who knows what they are doing, it will not change. Moren came to Indiana when it was a down program and turned it into a darn good team--every year and her players are often not more highly rated coming in. The differnce today was coaching and it will not change until it changes.
P.S. And yes Kyle and Lawson are good building blocks and there is another year for Traylor and McClaughlin and a new coach might talk Farquar into staying. This can be turned around.

Russ, my observation is that Versyp continues to waste half the shot clock by passing and dribbing on the perimeter or just holding the ball. When they start the offense if it does not click right away they wind up taking no shot, a bad shot or a TO. That is coaching and it has happened repeatedly over the years. When she had more talent and experience she could overcome that some, but this is an inexperienced team with not as much talent and gets lost. When they take bad shots or turn the ball over the other team gets a lot of transition baskets. Also the interior D is clueless and runs a lay up line for the other team. If Purdue does not hire a coach who knows what they are doing, it will not change. Moren came to Indiana when it was a down program and turned it into a darn good team--every year and her players are often not more highly rated coming in. The differnce today was coaching and it will not change until it changes.
P.S. And yes Kyle and Lawson are good building blocks and there is another year for Traylor and McClaughlin and a new coach might talk Farquar into staying. This can be turned around.
Farquar might stay, not sure it's a huge deal either way, she's a nice reserve on a good team, not sure she's a must have, wouldn't mind seeing Doumbia start getting more minutes.

Wow another rough outing. Very disappointing, the offense was terrible. IU has a nice team but they are not that good.

I wish Madison Layden would stop deferring to others and start taking over like the player I saw in high school. She has the skills and basketball IQ to be every bit as good as Grace Berger is for IU. I guess maybe her confidence is not there yet but she is very capable.

They also are getting very little from Tamara Farquhar. She is capable of a double-double most nights. Not sure what is going on there....maybe still not back physically?

I would also like to see Ra Shaya Kyle start getting the bulk of the minutes at the 5. She is the future at the position....give her the minutes.
As long as Versyp is there, that is all that matters...literally any/everything else is irrelevant, as, as long as she is there, it does not matter who Purdue has, and, is more important as to who they do not.

It defies any logic at all how she remains the HC...and, it is amazing the extent to which the AD cares so little...if he even cares...about the program.

Reactions: Brya31
Doumbia has talent and quickness but plays out of control. Can learn though. I truly believe the right coach could turn this team around.
I believe just about any coach other than the one there presently could turn this team around.

Sorry but IU is a good team. I hate that school as much as anyone but you’re lying to yourself if you think they’re not that good. Purdue has a horrible team with an incompetent coach. It’s only going down from here.

Sorry but IU is a good team. I hate that school as much as anyone but you’re lying to yourself if you think they’re not that good. Purdue has a horrible team with an incompetent coach. It’s only going down from here.

We lost to Maryland by 43, IU lost by 4. No other Big Ten team has come within 21 points of the Hoosiers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT