ADVERTISEMENT

Banks

He visited Kentucky and Duke is also a suitor kid played great at NBA top 100 camp highly unlikely we get him . IMO

So, what you are saying is that our best shot at a big for the 2016 class would be Benson? (I don't put much stock into 247's crystalball, but they say he is a purdue lean)

Looks like the others that have offers are more interested in other places. (Herrard/Banks/etc)

So, what you are saying is that our best shot at a big for the 2016 class would be Benson? (I don't put much stock into 247's crystalball, but they say he is a purdue lean)

Looks like the others that have offers are more interested in other places. (Herrard/Banks/etc)
It's all about Isaac every Big in the 2016 class has knowledge of Purdue's three NBA bound big's .Yes Hammons will be gone but Isaac may get limited playing time this year which could have him delay his exit to the NBA . Then throw in Swanigan who would likely move over when Isaac needs a breather playing time will be limited . Jaquil Taylor will have two years of practice time vs three NBA players by the time a 2016 gets on campus . Beating out a player who has three years in a system won't be easy either . Barrett would be a nice option because he could play the four or five . But I don't see him being much more than a very good roll player . I could see all three enter the draft next year . It is more likely than not that Isaac will be gone but selling a recruit on that is another thing .

It's all about Isaac every Big in the 2016 class has knowledge of Purdue's three NBA bound big's .Yes Hammons will be gone but Isaac may get limited playing time this year which could have him delay his exit to the NBA . Then throw in Swanigan who would likely move over when Isaac needs a breather playing time will be limited . Jaquil Taylor will have two years of practice time vs three NBA players by the time a 2016 gets on campus . Beating out a player who has three years in a system won't be easy either . Barrett would be a nice option because he could play the four or five . But I don't see him being much more than a very good roll player . I could see all three enter the draft next year . It is more likely than not that Isaac will be gone but selling a recruit on that is another thing .

We seriously need to pump the brakes on the "Isaac to the NBA" thing. He has so much potential, but he also has so, so much work to do, both with improving his skills and athleticism (to the extent that improving his athleticism is possible). Last year, he wasn't much of a rim protector, and moves well for a guy his size, but doesn't jump very well. I would be stunned if he isn't here for 4 years.

We seriously need to pump the brakes on the "Isaac to the NBA" thing. He has so much potential, but he also has so, so much work to do, both with improving his skills and athleticism (to the extent that improving his athleticism is possible). Last year, he wasn't much of a rim protector, and moves well for a guy his size, but doesn't jump very well. I would be stunned if he isn't here for 4 years.

The NBA loves potential and size. Haas has both. That being said, I agree that it's more likely he stays at Purdue for 4 years than not.

The fact that recruits are not committing to Purdue because of competition is perplexing. Is this really the case or is it just an excuse the fans are making up? None of the top programs like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc. seem to have this problem.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
The NBA loves potential and size. Haas has both. That being said, I agree that it's more likely he stays at Purdue for 4 years than not.

The fact that recruits are not committing to Purdue because of competition is perplexing. Is this really the case or is it just an excuse the fans are making up? None of the top programs like Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, etc. seem to have this problem.

It's an excuse fans are making up.

Swanigan theoretically has competition from Edwards at the 4 and Hammons/Haas as the post man (which he will play some) but he wasn't worried to come here. He saw an opportunity to be used like he wants and welcomed the challenge.

The excuse is nonsense IMHO. The better 2016 kids are still looking around. We may have to wait some time before we see any of them commit. Let's not get ahead of our selves.

Just my opinion . You maybe right but I would be stunned if he stays three let alone four . In your defense I did get this reply when I asked why he didn't go this year " Baby steps oldboiler Baby steps ." This was not from Isaac but I trust the source .

Just my opinion . You maybe right but I would be stunned if he stays three let alone four . In your defense I did get this reply when I asked why he didn't go this year " Baby steps oldboiler Baby steps ." This was not from Isaac but I trust the source .

Keep the opinions coming, oldboiler! You provide some great stuff on here (and on twitter)!

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
I agree that NBA drafts on potential. But I think Haas has a little chance of getting drafted after this coming season especially with Swanigan joining the mix. I would bet his shining moment is going to be the year after Hammons is gone even if Swanigan is still there. He'll be the main focus in the post and he can really showcase what he can do all year.

The excuse is nonsense IMHO. The better 2016 kids are still looking around. We may have to wait some time before we see any of them commit. Let's not get ahead of our selves.
I don't think that it's an excuse, but simply a factor in the decision making process for most kids.

It also cuts both ways. The opportunity to possibly start as a freshman is also a factor, but in this case positive, for point guard candidates, such as Xavier Simpson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT