ADVERTISEMENT

Asking the really BIG questions in the Big Ten

Born Boiler

Junior
Dec 6, 2006
Why is it that, whenever Purdue promises to be good and iu is likely to be lame, the Big Ten basketball schedule is arranged for just one meeting and that’s at Bloomington?

Why is the devil’s pitchfork in the background of every BTN studio shot? Why is iu featured prominently and repeatedly on all BTN promos while the league founder gets a half-second? Why is every iu game replayed on BTN while the rest of the conference can only look Beyond?

Do iu interns really run the league offices?

Why does the Big Ten get stuck being the road team whenever its ACC matchup promises a close game? Do iu interns schedule that, too?

Why does a Maryland sophomore who averaged 10 points and 6 boards as a frosh make preseason All-Big Ten ahead of three Purdue players who did more for the league champion?

Why is Bryant McIntosh a unanimous pick for preseason All-Big Ten when he makes more unforced turnovers in the final three minutes of two games than P.J. totals in a month?

Why does Chris Collins complain about free-throw and foul counts on the road after he’s been coaching in the Big Ten for five years? Auntee Em, are we still at Duke?

Why did the Big Ten shuffle its entire schedule to finish a week early and sacrifice its perennial prime spot on Selection Sunday only to play its tournament in Rutgers’ market? Rutgers???

Has Rutgers ever been another league’s excuse for setting foot in the Big Apple? Rutgers???

What have Maryland and Rutgers done for the rest of us? What do you have bulging in your wallet? A 20-game conference schedule? Or a new conference record book?

Does Notre Dame still enjoy its independence? Is South Bend sitting along the Atlantic yet?

Lots of good questions with which a agree. I think B McIntosh may be the most overrated player in the league. He has some numbers but leads the league in minutes and with a green light to do whatever he wants seems to inflate his numbers. I'd take Dakota any day over him.

Does Notre Dame still enjoy its independence? Is South Bend sitting along the Atlantic yet?

Last I heard, the continent is moving that way 2.2 mm per year, less South Bend. That will eventually put ND on the Pacific, rather than the Atlantic..

Please check your your GPS once every year for directions (TIC)

Reactions: Frankie611
Why did the Big Ten shuffle its entire schedule to finish a week early and sacrifice its perennial prime spot on Selection Sunday only to play its tournament in Rutgers’ market? Rutgers???
This is a complete joke.
1. We have NO market, or conference team in New York City
2. Lodging, Food & Drink, etc. is over double the cost in NYC vs. Indy.
3. I would assume Madison Square Garden is much more to lease than
Banker's Life.
4. Indy or Chicago are both in the center of the B1G.
5. Banker's Life is always sold out.
6. We are a week early now, so our teams can sit and be "cold" going into the
Big Dance.

I hope The B1G takes it on the chin with this one. I don't see a crowd for this tournament. The Big East (which is actually in this market) Tournament is the following week - in the same stadium. Which tourney do you think locals will go to?

Reactions: ChuckJr
And ill add:How does a coach that wins the BIG by 2 games not get coach of the year? Still po'd about that one. If Izzo wins the BIG this year do you think he'll get COY?
I've noticed the IU sht also. Seems like when we are bad we play them twice. When IU is bad we play them once at their place. That will change now with the protected rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT