ADVERTISEMENT

Article: Who steps up for Purdue scoring?

Why doesn't this article mention Will Berg and his potential?
Probably because right at this moment, others are more likely to step up. Doesn't mean no one can surprise, but you can't list the entire team either.

TKR is getting first crack at starting Center. I don't know why some folks hate that idea so much but it's obvious that's the plan.

Probably because right at this moment, others are more likely to step up. Doesn't mean no one can surprise, but you can't list the entire team either.

TKR is getting first crack at starting Center. I don't know why some folks hate that idea so much but it's obvious that's the plan.

TKR should start and my prediction he will be at least 3rd team All B10 and one of our top 3 high scorers with Smith & Catchings.

Reactions: oldboiler52 and BBG
There's almost zero chance he doesn't. Painter and PJ both have talked TKR up a ton this season, saying how much he's gonna shine once he's out of Zach's shadow
I think we saw glimpses of it during the seasons with a couple of his very quick spin moves.

You would think that next season the offense will be a 100% new look essentially unless we have a 7 footer MAYBE Furst at the 5.

Honestly it's kind of exciting and while my expectations for next season are ... reserved.. the following season could be another outstanding one.

I think Heide and Colvin could step up as scorers next season, but TKR will absolutely be one of our top scorers next year. No matter what, even with TKR, our offense is going to look a lot different next year.

I did not read the article. I don’t pay for access here. Anyway, my take is this team plays completely differently next year. Painter is on record saying how important Zach was and how everything was always to go through him. He was a generational player and he won’t be at Purdue next year. If I had to guess we will play faster and take more outside shots. We have really good shooters and I think we are going to be way more athletic than people are used to seeing from Purdue teams. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: Schnelk
TKR needs to improve his FT shooting, or else he won't be playing at the end of close games. He has the potential to score a lot of points at the line.
I FULLY understand that, but I recall Trevion and Nojel at the end of games...and Trevion was still getting the ball. Common sense would say that in a close game Trey is a concern...unless the guy defending him can't afford the fouls. Hopefully Trey makes improvement there.

Myles Colvin i predict makes a huge leap and is a top 3 scorer for Purdue next season. I believe he splits time with Loyer and very possibly takes on the starting spot. He is a scorer and a much better athlete offering a higher ceiling. Loyer will still get decent minutes and be looked to to score. Catchings averages double digits, TKR as well. Smith and Heide play big roles as well. Just my way too early predictions.

Berg could start next to TKR and pull defenders away from the paint with the threat of the 3.
If that were to happen, then it would seem logical to have Berg play D inside and Trey to continue on the perimeter on D and maybe switch sometimes with Berg on O. I just don't have a feel for the players

Reactions: 3ZSDAD and Abugabby
If that were to happen, then it would seem logical to have Berg play D inside and Trey to continue on the perimeter on D and maybe switch sometimes with Berg on O. I just don't have a feel for the players
Samesies. I trust Coach Painter to know the strengths and weaknesses of each guy and build the offense/defense schemes around what we have personnel for. Should be interesting.

Reactions: tjreese
Could be a team really good defensively for 15 minutes a game. Very athletic and with length depending on who Paint chooses to put on the floor together. There should not ne any drop coverage next year and I would hope Purdue is better at creating turnovers snd getting some points in transition as those are usually the best open looks for 3. I don't think Purdue will be as dominant an offensive rebounding team next year. No Mason or Zach. I don't see Furst changing his body as he looks marginally stronger than he was as a freshman. He has shown he is not a back to the basket player. He was fairly effective offensive rebounder playing the 4 ss a freshman before he got Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT