ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona vs Alabama

Gman544

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 20, 2018
Arizona ran past Alabama. Sears and Love shot a collective 1-9 from three and scored 25 points. I realize Purdue struggles to guard athletic guards, but even when they guard well they seem to make long threes anyway. Why?

Arizona ran past Alabama. Sears and Love shot a collective 1-9 from three and scored 25 points. I realize Purdue struggles to guard athletic guards, but even when they guard well they seem to make long threes anyway. Why?

As to Sears and Love having off games against each other....perhaps both teams perimeter D is much better than ours when they don't have to deal with the Edey factor.

But why the 3s against us....
Big-time players often go nuts in a big-time game. Believe it or not, Purdue was the biggest game on both their schedules. That's why Buie had his best performance of the year too. So that might be the biggest cause this year.

There are other reasons that get these players started off well....
1. I am sure some of this can be attributed to too much double teaming, and weak recovery speeds.
2. Double teaming when there is no need.
3. Some can be attributed to Loyer being a poor defender and teams feasting off him in a switch.
4. Missed assignments where players get watching the ball.
5. Last year there was over use of Morton in situations he would not be good in. Not so much this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gman544
This was a closer game than the score indicates. Alabama was up as many as 7 in the 2nd half, then went on a big drought.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT