ADVERTISEMENT

About my 2 win prediction...

But Hope DID leave us a mess. No experienced depth at QB. An OL with no depth that wasn't good. WRs that were wildly unproven or just not good. 0 LB depth.

I can agree that after 2 years, all excuses are null and void....but i'd love you to point me to a coach making less than $4mil a year that could have fixed all the issues this program had....from a branding and identity standpoint to a on field performance stand point in under 2 years.

That said, its put up or shut up time now. If there's a backslide, I would hope we move on and find another coach. If we win 4-5 games, the gauntlet is laid and its bowl or bust in 2016. If this is handled any other way, I can't imagine ANYBODY left in the stands in 2016.

My concern with the current team is that we seem to be recruiting MAC level players (i.e. 3 star and below). Back in the days mentioned, we had some prime time players and recruited well in the Chicago area. Even Coletto had some good recruits even though he didn't coach them well. I am afraid that our current athletic dept including the head coach have given up on recruiting and have become bs artists with the woe is me, we cannot get the 4-5 star players. Seems that UK has made progress along recruiting lines and Purdue still is a better program than they ever have been.

But Hope DID leave us a mess. No experienced depth at QB. An OL with no depth that wasn't good. WRs that were wildly unproven or just not good. 0 LB depth.

I can agree that after 2 years, all excuses are null and void....but i'd love you to point me to a coach making less than $4mil a year that could have fixed all the issues this program had....from a branding and identity standpoint to a on field performance stand point in under 2 years.

That said, its put up or shut up time now. If there's a backslide, I would hope we move on and find another coach. If we win 4-5 games, the gauntlet is laid and its bowl or bust in 2016. If this is handled any other way, I can't imagine ANYBODY left in the stands in 2016.
Joe Tiller and Jim Young did it. Purdue opened its Wallet to get this coach... All Recruiting / Talent / Experience excuses are Long gone.
The performance delivered in Years 1 and 2 tell the story. It is ALL coaches issue. Talks a good game, but is not delivering at this level. Branding is BS… the field performance is the only thing that puts butts in seats, puts sweat shirts on kids and puts patrons in Hotels during the fall.

Joe Tiller and Jim Young did it. Purdue opened its Wallet to get this coach... All Recruiting / Talent / Experience excuses are Long gone.
The performance delivered in Years 1 and 2 tell the story. It is ALL coaches issue. Talks a good game, but is not delivering at this level. Branding is BS… the field performance is the only thing that puts butts in seats, puts sweat shirts on kids and puts patrons in Hotels during the fall.

Give Nick Saban a roster of crap and the team's not going to be very good. Sorry, thems the facts.

Gotta coach up what you have, get new blood in the program and develop that.

Like I said, it its bad this year it's no doubt time to move on. The talent wasn't there for a quick turn around. Plain and simple. Dunno how you could look at the 2013-14 rosters and say those were good/talented teams. Have to have talent to win. Could the team have been a few wins better over the past 2 years? Sure. But we just weren't set up for success from a talent standpoint.

That said, the jury is still out on the coaches....but you can do all the coaching in the world and if your talent is poor...they are going to play like that until they have more experience.

I agree with you 100%.

This is just wrong.. come on man. Now maybe you're eventually right about the staff but judging off year 1 especially, plus year two is wrong.

Year 3 is a show me the money year for sure. There is no question about that

This is just wrong.. come on man. Now maybe you're eventually right about the staff but judging off year 1 especially, plus year two is wrong.

Year 3 is a show me the money year for sure. There is no question about that
This is Hazells 3rd recruitng Class. This is Hazell's 3rd Spring ball. This will be Hazell's 3 full Season.... How many wins has Purdue gotten with out $10million investment? What will the $ spent / win be this year?
As a fan I want you to be right, BUT the 14K+ season tickets plus 4K+ student tickets tell a different story from fan / student perception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT