ADVERTISEMENT

Abigail Jegede de commits

Her commitment tweet from April is still up and there is nothing on her twitter feed to indicate otherwise. I guess we will see what happens.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Katie is concentrating on getting players from closer to home? Is this a big loss? She wasn't a highly ranked incoming recruit that I can find. She was recruited by Sharon correct? I think we may see more of this as Katie takes over the reins completely and recruits for her style. She wants thoroughbreds as she phrased it. Her spot will open up a transfer portal spot if nothing else.

Katie is concentrating on getting players from closer to home? Is this a big loss? She wasn't a highly ranked incoming recruit that I can find. She was recruited by Sharon correct? I think we may see more of this as Katie takes over the reins completely and recruits for her style. She wants thoroughbreds as she phrased it. Her spot will open up a transfer portal spot if nothing else.
Every coach wants "thoroughbreds", right?

I am sure that is what she wanted.

Don’t let your hate for SV make you irrational.
Stop it....you know that Katie is looking for more talented players than have committed to Purdue under SV. Sharon's w-l records speak for themselves. All I'm saying is that this may be an example of that. I never heard Sharon ever mention the word thoroughbreds. Katie has a vision of how she wants her teams to play and the type of players she's looking for to fulfill that vision and I applaud her in vocalizing that. It's about time.

Reactions: DAG10
Stop it....you know that Katie is looking for more talented players than have committed to Purdue under SV. Sharon's w-l records speak for themselves. All I'm saying is that this may be an example of that. I never heard Sharon ever mention the word thoroughbreds. Katie has a vision of how she wants her teams to play and the type of players she's looking for to fulfill that vision and I applaud her in vocalizing that. It's about time.
You're just being dumb. "Thoroughbred" is just a term referring to great players which is what every coach looks for. Obviously, some are better at landing them than others and time will tell how Katie does with that but if she does better it doesn't mean that prior coaches simply didn't want great players. That's stupid to even suggest.

I don’t agree with many DavidBoiler thoughts but on this I think he very well could be spot on. My guess is exactly what he posted, guessing Katie is aiming higher.
Every coach aims high. Their recruiting success is dependent on whether they can haul them in. Sharon no longer seemed to be able to do that. We can only hope Katie is able to do so.

You're just being dumb. "Thoroughbred" is just a term referring to great players which is what every coach looks for. Obviously, some are better at landing them than others and time will tell how Katie does with that but if she does better it doesn't mean that prior coaches simply didn't want great players. That's stupid to even suggest.
The thiroughbred comment which Katie emphatically uses in interviews by the way, is just used to make the point that she wants to upgrade the talent and athleticism of the team. So far she seems to be doing that...and we should all be applauding that not arguing over minutia.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAG10

I don’t agree with many DavidBoiler thoughts but on this I think he very well could be spot on. My guess is exactly what he posted, guessing Katie is aiming higher.
Bingo...and we should all be applauding that

The only thing we should be worried about is seeing this program get back to an elite status and being a national title contending program and I truly think Katie has a different vision on how to do that. And a huge part of that is upgrading the talent level. And I really think Katie has a different vision of the kind of players, especially speed and athleticism, that can get them there than Sharon did. End of story.

Last edited:
Then you are as foolish as he is.
Why? This very well could be the reason. Katie will be the new Coach next year, perhaps she has other players she wants for her system. It happens all the time, calling me foolish over this is well foolish!

Every coach aims high. Their recruiting success is dependent on whether they can haul them in. Sharon no longer seemed to be able to do that. We can only hope Katie is able to do so.

Why? This very well could be the reason. Katie will be the new Coach next year, perhaps she has other players she wants for her system. It happens all the time, calling me foolish over this is well foolish!
If you think Versyp didn't want high-level players, you are a fool. Every coach wants the best players they can get.

If you think Versyp didn't want high-level players, you are a fool. Every coach wants the best players they can get.

Duh. It isn't a matter of what Versyp "wants" high-level players, but whether she can land them. If she can't, then she has to settle for the mediocre ones.

If Abigail wants to go elsewhere, so be it. I don't blame her since she is recruited by Versyp, and it's a legit reason for her to want to go elsewhere if the coach who recruited her will no longer be coaching her. Best of luck to her. I trust that Katie will use the roster spot to get someone who is better and truly wants to play for her.

Duh. It isn't a matter of what Versyp "wants" high-level players, but whether she can land them. If she can't, then she has to settle for the mediocre ones.

If Abigail wants to go elsewhere, so be it. I don't blame her since she is recruited by Versyp, and it's a legit reason for her to want to go elsewhere if the coach who recruited her will no longer be coaching her. Best of luck to her. I trust that Katie will use the roster spot to get someone who is better and truly wants to play for her.
And the whole point of this is that Versyp wanted a different type of player than Katie is recruiting......the better talent level is one thing that Katie wants... but she also wants faster, more dynamic, better shooters, more athletic players that fit her running style of play that she wants to implement and coach. And that's where the "thoroughbred" quote comes from.. She wants thoroughbreds... Sharon never, ever said, that I have ever heard, that she wanted thoroughbreds... that wasn't her style of offensive play and defensive style that she wanted to coach, plus she has really been a mediocre recruiter.. She knew that she wasn't going to get throroughbreds for starters, and often settled, but it also became that she recruited to fit her style of offensive schemes and what she was comfortable implementing. That's not me hating SV those are the facts.. the record speaks for itself. How can anyone argue that?

And the whole point of this is that Versyp wanted a different type of player than Katie is recruiting......the better talent level is one thing that Katie wants... but she also wants faster, more dynamic, better shooters, more athletic players that fit her running style of play that she wants to implement and coach. And that's where the "thoroughbred" quote comes from.. She wants thoroughbreds... Sharon never, ever said, that I have ever heard, that she wanted thoroughbreds... that wasn't her style of offensive play and defensive style that she wanted to coach, plus she has really been a mediocre recruiter.. She knew that she wasn't going to get throroughbreds for starters, and often settled, but it also became that she recruited to fit her style of offensive schemes and what she was comfortable implementing. That's not me hating SV those are the facts.. the record speaks for itself. How can anyone argue that?
You are basically saying that because CSV didn't win, she didn't want to or didn't try to. Just a completely foolish assertion. Reminds me how many complete idiots we have in our fan base.

You are basically saying that because CSV didn't win, she didn't want to or didn't try to. Just a completely foolish assertion. Reminds me how many complete idiots we have in our fan base.

ROFL.

Sounds like you are the one making baseless assertion on DavidBoiler. He explained himself pretty clearly, but you are just putting words in his mouth. After distorting what he said, you then insinuate that he's a complete idiot.

Thanks for the demonstration.

Reactions: mathboy
ROFL.

Sounds like you are the one making baseless assertion on DavidBoiler. He explained himself pretty clearly, but you are just putting words in his mouth. After distorting what he said, you then insinuate that he's a complete idiot.

Thanks for the demonstration.
Says the guy who has been making **** up for years because he didn't like the coach. I'm just shocked where you fall on this.

Says the guy who has been making **** up for years because he didn't like the coach. I'm just shocked where you fall on this.

What **** have I made up? Seems like you are the one who are making **** up here, first by putting words in DavidBoiler's mouth, now insinuating that I have been making **** up "for years."

Whether I like CSV or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether my comment is factually inaccurate or logically inconsistent. If they are, I will be glad for you to point out so I can learn from my mistakes. If they aren't, then you are just mistaking fair criticisms as "making **** up."

Nice try, but your pathetic tactic won't work. I am gonna call it out every time and expose you. It's a guilty pleasure :)

Reactions: DavidBoiler
What **** have I made up? Seems like you are the one who are making **** up here, first by putting words in DavidBoiler's mouth, now insinuating that I have been making **** up "for years."

Whether I like CSV or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether my comment is factually inaccurate or logically inconsistent. If they are, I will be glad for you to point out so I can learn from my mistakes. If they aren't, then you are just mistaking fair criticisms as "making **** up."

Nice try, but your pathetic tactic won't work. I am gonna call it out every time and expose you. It's a guilty pleasure :)
Congrats. You and @DavidBoiler make quite the couple. If you continue to pat yourselves on the back enough you can probably convince yourselves. I exposed you along the way in recent years. No need for me to do it again now. Anyone who has read all your drivel in recent years already knows. I know. They know. And if you were honest with yourself, you'd know also. In the meantime, you can go back and stick pins in your CSV voodoo doll. I'm trying to provide content to this page above and beyond what you have the capability to participate in.

Congrats. You and @DavidBoiler make quite the couple. If you continue to pat yourselves on the back enough you can probably convince yourselves. I exposed you along the way in recent years. No need for me to do it again now. Anyone who has read all your drivel in recent years already knows. I know. They know. And if you were honest with yourself, you'd know also. In the meantime, you can go back and stick pins in your CSV voodoo doll. I'm trying to provide content to this page above and beyond what you have the capability to participate in.
Why are you such a POS? What the f'k is wrong with you? We're all lifetime fans of Purdue WBB, at least I am. And trying to have discussions about this once great program and I appreciate when you post recruiting updates. Those are great and informative but if anyone has an opinion that you don't like you turn into a 5 year old child. Good Lord give it a f'king rest.

Last edited:
Your petty little snide comments are really boorish and childish. You must be really fun at parties
You're the one making trash statements that you're unwilling to back up. I doubt you even get invited to parties.

Thank you for giving me tremendous pleasure of tearing apart your hypocrisy.

You accused me of making **** up, but when I actually inquired what **** I made up, you just went with the "Everyone knows it" bullshit line. You can't even say one thing b/c I didn't make any **** up. But it seems like to you, anyone who is critical to CSV must mean they have a CSV voodoo doll.

Who's the "anyone who's read my drivel knows"? Can you even name three people who can list what **** I've made up? Who are "they" in the "they know"?

Now, what I do know for a fact is that someone close to the team accused CSV of creating a toxic and hostile environment. Are you saying that person making that allegation is making **** up too?

It's ironic that you brought up the idea of "providing content." Look, Brian is providing lots of content, and b/c of that, he has roughly 1.4 likes for every comment he's made. I try to do my part and make comment that the community will appreciate, but I am far behind, only about 1 like per comment.

But what about you? Ouch, even worse, at less than 0.5 likes per comment. I know I know, it's an imperfect metric, and I usually don't judge people with it, but for you, it is enough to illustrate a point. You may think you are providing content, and TBF, occasionally you do (and I applaud you for those), but far more often, you are providing junk, such as your baseless accusations about me (now that I think of it, maybe you are the one with a voodoo pig doll, b/c everything you accuse of others you are really talking about yourself).

You are so dickish that whatever content you provide pales in comparison, b/c more often than not you are just creating a toxic and hostile environment for the community, like what you are doing here. Maybe that's why you are so up in arms against anyone who criticizes CSV, b/c you two are basically the same kind of person?

But hey, keep up your good work. It's a guilty pleasure for me to expose your nonsense. Please tell me you are actually an IU fan in disguise and just want Purdue WBB to stink, because it will make a lot more sense, and give me even more satisfaction.

Reactions: TNBrad
Thank you for giving me tremendous pleasure of tearing apart your hypocrisy.

You accused me of making **** up, but when I actually inquired what **** I made up, you just went with the "Everyone knows it" bullshit line. You can't even say one thing b/c I didn't make any **** up. But it seems like to you, anyone who is critical to CSV must mean they have a CSV voodoo doll.

Who's the "anyone who's read my drivel knows"? Can you even name three people who can list what **** I've made up? Who are "they" in the "they know"?

Now, what I do know for a fact is that someone close to the team accused CSV of creating a toxic and hostile environment. Are you saying that person making that allegation is making **** up too?

It's ironic that you brought up the idea of "providing content." Look, Brian is providing lots of content, and b/c of that, he has roughly 1.4 likes for every comment he's made. I try to do my part and make comment that the community will appreciate, but I am far behind, only about 1 like per comment.

But what about you? Ouch, even worse, at less than 0.5 likes per comment. I know I know, it's an imperfect metric, and I usually don't judge people with it, but for you, it is enough to illustrate a point. You may think you are providing content, and TBF, occasionally you do (and I applaud you for those), but far more often, you are providing junk, such as your baseless accusations about me (now that I think of it, maybe you are the one with a voodoo pig doll, b/c everything you accuse of others you are really talking about yourself).

You are so dickish that whatever content you provide pales in comparison, b/c more often than not you are just creating a toxic and hostile environment for the community, like what you are doing here. Maybe that's why you are so up in arms against anyone who criticizes CSV, b/c you two are basically the same kind of person?

But hey, keep up your good work. It's a guilty pleasure for me to expose your nonsense. Please tell me you are actually an IU fan in disguise and just want Purdue WBB to stink, because it will make a lot more sense, and give me even more satisfaction.
Didn't even complete reading the first sentence here but it's amusing to see how much I'm in your head.

Where in the hell did I say Sharon doesn’t want high level recruits? All I said is that perhaps with a new Coach on board she’s being over recruited/maybe isn’t what Katie wants. Geez, stop with the over aggressive crap, not everything has to be a damn fight! Also, calling me a fool irritates me, I’ve never once called you that.

Reactions: TNBrad
Where in the hell did I say Sharon doesn’t want high level recruits? All I said is that perhaps with a new Coach on board she’s being over recruited/maybe isn’t what Katie wants. Geez, stop with the over aggressive crap, not everything has to be a damn fight! Also, calling me a fool irritates me, I’ve never once called you that.
I haven't said anything foolish here or agreed with the notion that CSV, or really any coach, didn't want good players.

Didn't even complete reading the first sentence here but it's amusing to see how much I'm in your head.

Yeah, I don't expect you have the intelligence or capacity to read. I can see why reading is hard for people like you.

Ha ha, please, get over yourself. You are just a clown in my head. Something I go to get guilty pleasure to rip apart your nonsense whenever I need to beat up someone. It's just guilty pleasure to expose a self-aggrandizing narcissist who makes baseless accusation and pisses off community members that he is wearing no clothes. The more he speaks, the more he reveals his true color and makes a fool out of himself. Best of all, he doesn't even know it :)

Yeah, I don't expect you have the intelligence or capacity to read. I can see why reading is hard for people like you.

Ha ha, please, get over yourself. You are just a clown in my head. Something I go to get guilty pleasure to rip apart your nonsense whenever I need to beat up someone. It's just guilty pleasure to expose a self-aggrandizing narcissist who makes baseless accusation and pisses off community members that he is wearing no clothes. The more he speaks, the more he reveals his true color and makes a fool out of himself. Best of all, he doesn't even know it :)

Not hard to do...as, Versyp has been coasting for some time...sure, she wanted to win...she hoped to win...but, she did not do the things necessary (on the court or off) to put Purdue in the best position for that to happen.

She wanted thoroughbreds likely, but, no way she could get one.

She was allowed to remain as Coach despite not doing the things that should have been expected (if not required) of her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT